Opinion on Rahu/Ketu that contradicts most views

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
america.1 wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:How would one detach from his detachment?

RishiRahul
Well one tries to let go... let go ... let go... til the point where they start letting go of letting go and reconnecting.

I was wondering..! that maybe you are thinking that as Venus dasa arrives after Ketu dasa, and maybe the effect of venus arrives a year or so before the end of Ketu.

What do you think?

RishiRahul
Don't know what he/she meant but the observation is of merit, afaik&o
Often in early to mid part.

Maybe the get "detached from detachment" was actually the arrival of Venus dasa during the end of Ketu dasa?

RishiRahul
Now you both are making me deal with two enigmatic lines of thought and expression... :smt010
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

america.1

Post by america.1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:I try not to highlight one nakshatra over the others as being of special importance, but I feel like there is something incredibly odd about Purvabhadrada (and other Jupiter Nakshatras to a lesser extent).  I sort of feel as though Purvabhadrapada sort is the meeting point of Rahu and Ketu. The kumbha portion is aggressive and attack focused(rage against the machine), whereas the Meena portion has this epic collapse of all the built up desire/rage and becomes destructively passive.

Kumbha in general is a merging between Shani and Rahu.  The early portions are more constrained by Shani but as it progresses through, the repressed desires come to the forefront. Repression gives birth to desire.
Are you basing this on your observations in other nativities or is it the product of contemplation or perhaps even psychic opening...?

What did you mean by the 'meeting point of rahu and ketu'? :smt017  Is it like where angles collapse (noon and midnight?) or when swarbhanu comes alive in certain divisionals...?

Please elaborate a bit more about the above matters.

Thanks

RR
Makara is hierarchical, systematic, reputation conscious. It is restrictive because it binds people to status/reputation conscious mindset.  Throughout Kumbha an inflation occurs that tries to expand beyond the perimeters of Makara, which is why it is co-owned by both Shani and Rahu.  

Dhanista is social climbers, they want to arise to the exclusive elite of society.  The try to break away from the plebeian roots that are holding it back from the upper echelons of society.  

Satabhisha on the other hand feels as though it has broken free from underclass and now wants to raise the rest of society up to a higher level. It is very mass movement oriented and has quite a high sense of entitlement and kind of views itself as a kind of messianic figure.  It tries to fix problems, bring everyone up to the same level etc.

Purvabhadrapada tries to destroy the hierarchy.  It is a philosophical anarchist as it kind of wants to break the foundations that society stand on hence it kind of has a sadistic vibe to it as it kind of wants to feel like its not contained within any boundary.  As it progresses through, it feels as though no matter what things it breaks down, what it does... it can't relieve that itch.  And hence it turns inward.... and Aquarius turns to Pisces.  The 4th pada of Purvabhadrapada is very self destructive because it realizes that the only thing holding it back from its freedom is itself.  It is as if the need for freedom grows so large, the entitlement expands to such an extent that it collapses on itself in the blink of a moment. The sadism flips to masochism.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:22 pm

america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:I try not to highlight one nakshatra over the others as being of special importance, but I feel like there is something incredibly odd about Purvabhadrada (and other Jupiter Nakshatras to a lesser extent).  I sort of feel as though Purvabhadrapada sort is the meeting point of Rahu and Ketu. The kumbha portion is aggressive and attack focused(rage against the machine), whereas the Meena portion has this epic collapse of all the built up desire/rage and becomes destructively passive.

Kumbha in general is a merging between Shani and Rahu.  The early portions are more constrained by Shani but as it progresses through, the repressed desires come to the forefront. Repression gives birth to desire.
Are you basing this on your observations in other nativities or is it the product of contemplation or perhaps even psychic opening...?

What did you mean by the 'meeting point of rahu and ketu'? :smt017  Is it like where angles collapse (noon and midnight?) or when swarbhanu comes alive in certain divisionals...?

Thanks

RR
Makara is hierarchical, systematic, reputation conscious. It is restrictive because it binds people to status/reputation conscious mindset.  Throughout Kumbha an inflation occurs that tries to expand beyond the perimeters of Makara, which is why it is co-owned by both Shani and Rahu.  

Dhanista is social climbers, they want to arise to the exclusive elite of society.  The try to break away from the plebeian roots that are holding it back from the upper echelons of society.  

Satabhisha on the other hand feels as though it has broken free from underclass and now wants to raise the rest of society up to a higher level. It is very mass movement oriented and has quite a high sense of entitlement and kind of views itself as a kind of messianic figure.  It tries to fix problems, bring everyone up to the same level etc.

Purvabhadrapada tries to destroy the hierarchy.  It is a philosophical anarchist as it kind of wants to break the foundations that society stand on hence it kind of has a sadistic vibe to it as it kind of wants to feel like its not contained within any boundary.  As it progresses through, it feels as though no matter what things it breaks down, what it does... it can't relieve that itch.  And hence it turns inward.... and Aquarius turns to Pisces.  The 4th pada of Purvabhadrapada is very self destructive because it realizes that the only thing holding it back from its freedom is itself.  It is as if the need for freedom grows so large, the entitlement expands to such an extent that it collapses on itself in the blink of a moment. The sadism flips to masochism.
My question was where is all this information coming from? Basis for these conclusions??
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

america.1

Post by america.1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:35 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks

RR

My question was where is all this information coming from? Basis for these conclusions??
Studying, researching, philosophizing :D Not really a singular basis.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:26 pm

america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

What did you mean by the 'meeting point of rahu and ketu'? :smt017  
Is it like where angles collapse (noon and midnight?) or when swarbhanu comes alive in certain divisionals...?

Thanks

RR

Thanks!
Also, "What did you mean by the 'meeting point of rahu and ketu'? " This was another question I had asked earlier.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

america.1

Post by america.1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Is it like where angles collapse (noon and midnight?) or when swarbhanu comes alive in certain divisionals...?

Thanks

RR

Thanks!
Also, "What did you mean by the 'meeting point of rahu and ketu'? " This was another question I had asked earlier.
Well at the 0 degree point of Pisces, the desire kind of flips from external to internal all in the swoop of a moment...and yet the transition is also gradual. The desire for freedom from Purvabhadrapada still exists in the Pisces portion, but it becomes more about the freedom from the self... rather than the control from the world.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:07 pm

nice thought from america1.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:20 pm

america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
america.1 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks

RR

Thanks!
Well at the 0 degree point of Pisces, the desire kind of flips from external to internal all in the swoop of a moment...and yet the transition is also gradual. The desire for freedom from Purvabhadrapada still exists in the Pisces portion, but it becomes more about the freedom from the self... rather than the control from the world.
Sorry but still not getting the rahu-ketu connection (meeting) you are making as the shell changes but the core (nakshatra) continues... :smt017
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”