Opinion on Rahu/Ketu that contradicts most views

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

america.1

Opinion on Rahu/Ketu that contradicts most views

Post by america.1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:13 am

Most view Rahu as being "desirous" and wanting experience.  It is considered the thing that leads you away from enlightenment.  Ketu on the other hand is considered detached and leads you towards enlightenment.  To me though, this is a fairly contradictory viewpoint.

I personally view Ketu and Rahu as being focal points that kind of surmise the flow of time via duality.  Ketu and Rahu are entities of the same organism, the same mechanism.   Often times we mistakenly think that Rahu is the beginning and Ketu is the end, but this is quite flawed in its approach.  In truth they give life to each other.  Rahu thinks "this is where I want to focus... this is what I want"  so it tries to attain whatever resides in its domain. Rahu is an expansive force. Eventually, this focus creates over saturation.  This flips to Ketu.  Ketu to the contrary of popular opinion is just as flawed as Rahu. Ketu characteristically lets go of things.  Ketu in itself is desirous... maybe even more desirous than Rahu,  but it is a different brand of desire.  It wants so badly to get to the center, to attain purity and perfection... but it feels like no matter how much it lets go, how much it releases the ennui increases.  Eventually Ketu detaches from so many things that it lets go of detachment itself and hence Rahu emerges.  

Duality....the material reality we exist in... exists not because of our inability to detach or our inability to desire, but because of our inability to realize that desire and detachment are the same thing... they are just written into different moments in the illusion of time.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Opinion on Rahu/Ketu that contradicts most views

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:37 am

america.1 wrote:Most view Rahu as being "desirous" and wanting experience.  It is considered the thing that leads you away from enlightenment.  Ketu on the other hand is considered detached and leads you towards enlightenment.  To me though, this is a fairly contradictory viewpoint.

I personally view Ketu and Rahu as being focal points that kind of surmise the flow of time via duality.  Ketu and Rahu are entities of the same organism, the same mechanism.   Often times we mistakenly think that Rahu is the beginning and Ketu is the end, but this is quite flawed in its approach.  In truth they give life to each other.  Rahu thinks "this is where I want to focus... this is what I want"  so it tries to attain whatever resides in its domain. Rahu is an expansive force. Eventually, this focus creates over saturation.  This flips to Ketu.  Ketu to the contrary of popular opinion is just as flawed as Rahu. Ketu characteristically lets go of things.  Ketu in itself is desirous... maybe even more desirous than Rahu,  but it is a different brand of desire.  It wants so badly to get to the center, to attain purity and perfection... but it feels like no matter how much it lets go, how much it releases the ennui increases.  Eventually Ketu detaches from so many things that it lets go of detachment itself and hence Rahu emerges.  

Duality....the material reality we exist in... exists not because of our inability to detach or our inability to desire, but because of our inability to realize that desire and detachment are the same thing... they are just written into different moments in the illusion of time.

Hello America1,

Wonderful thoughts! On Rahu and Ketu.
You are, I am sure, reaching the wonderful heights of Creativity!

The contradiction is in others' explanations. Actuality no contradiction as 'Duality' exists. Swarbhanu exists too.

Of course I dont mean Duality = Swarbhanu.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 am

RishiRahul wrote:
america.1 wrote:Most view Rahu as being "desirous" and wanting experience.  It is considered the thing that leads you away from enlightenment.  Ketu on the other hand is considered detached and leads you towards enlightenment.  To me though, this is a fairly contradictory viewpoint.

Hello America1,

The contradiction is in others' explanations. Actuality no contradiction as 'Duality' exists. Swarbhanu exists too.

RishiRahul
In fact it will be enlightening if you may please elaborate how Ketu would act in real life. :)

Thanks,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

america.1

Post by america.1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 am

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hello America1,

RishiRahul
In fact it will be enlightening if you may please elaborate how Ketu would act in real life. :)

Thanks,

RishiRahul
If Rahu (the head) is focused, desirous purposeful.. then what is the body? Most people are rather unaware of their instinctual inclinations from within, but they are there... constantly trying to let go of the material reality within and achieve a liberated state.  We tend to think of Rahu as being the functionary of desire but really both Ketu and Rahu are desirous just in a different sense.  

Dualism is a manifestation of the inability to tied together our unconscious(which comprises of our instinct and intuition) and our ego.  To hint at exactly what I am implying, imagine if you were trying to clean your home.  Of course the desire, the goal is to have a clean home.  This is a surface level ego directed goal. This would be representative of Rahu.  Once the process of cleaning occurs you don't notice what is clean, you unconsciously notice what is unclean and disorganized, and you try to unburden yourself with these things by moving them to the proper place.  This is Ketu.  As the process goes along, Ketu and Rahu become more and more dissatisfied. Rahu becomes more ideal.  Ketu begins to notice the more intricate details that one is to try to detach from.  At a point Rahu begins to collapse under the weight of itself.  Ketu starts to detach from its own detachment.  What was once Rahu is becomes Ketu and what was once Ketu becomes Rahu.  

Human error exists in our concept of time.  We don't realize that our goals, our fixations.... our detachments are cyclical.  Rahu and Ketu are one and the same. The only difference is time.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:56 pm

How would one detach from his detachment?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

america.1

Post by america.1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:13 pm

RishiRahul wrote:How would one detach from his detachment?

RishiRahul
Well one tries to let go... let go ... let go... til the point where they start letting go of letting go and reconnecting.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:30 pm

How about a simpler model instead of the religious symbolic allegory to which many seem to cling to as the axiomatic truth?

Desires arise and emanate in and from the head. Desires are then enacted by the body (and eliminated from the tail end? All pleasures ultimately registered by the head end (brain the seat of mind).

The body without the head would be like a ferrari without fuel.

The head alone would be like the jerry-can full of fuel without the ferrari...?

Despite multiple opinions, neither the severed head, nor the severed body has any sight or communication (drishti), therefore need the assistance of other planets in the usual form that jyotish suggests.

You have the ability to think out of the box which is good and quite freeing or can be! :-) So now think of their rulerships as described in the cardinal dasa system. Why those two signs? At this time for this, try to put aside what appears at the ketu end of BPHS! <LOL>

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:40 pm

RishiRahul
1) Moving ones attention from A to B (Most individuals adopt that strategy)

2) Losing ones attention entirely! ("Praise the Lord and pass the pipe, brother", folks!)

3) ... I better stop there, while the going is good <LOL> ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:04 pm

america.1 wrote:

RishiRahul
Well one tries to let go... let go ... let go... til the point where they start letting go of letting go and reconnecting.

I was wondering..! that maybe you are thinking that as Venus dasa arrives after Ketu dasa, and maybe the effect of venus arrives a year or so before the end of Ketu.

What do you think?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

2) Losing ones attention entirely! ("Praise the Lord and pass the pipe, brother", folks!)

Pass the pipe to Who?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:25 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Pass the pipe to Who?

Rishi
"Woodstock" 60s reference!
We in India were spared ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:29 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
america.1 wrote:

RishiRahul

I was wondering..! that maybe you are thinking that as Venus dasa arrives after Ketu dasa, and maybe the effect of venus arrives a year or so before the end of Ketu.

What do you think?

RishiRahul
Don't know what he/she meant but the observation is of merit, afaik&o
Often in early to mid part.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

america.1

Post by america.1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:22 pm

I try not to highlight one nakshatra over the others as being of special importance, but I feel like there is something incredibly odd about Purvabhadrada (and other Jupiter Nakshatras to a lesser extent).  I sort of feel as though Purvabhadrapada sort is the meeting point of Rahu and Ketu. The kumbha portion is aggressive and attack focused(rage against the machine), whereas the Meena portion has this epic collapse of all the built up desire/rage and becomes destructively passive.

Kumbha in general is a merging between Shani and Rahu. &nbsp;The early portions are more constrained by Shani but as it progresses through, the repressed desires come to the forefront. Repression gives birth to desire.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
america.1 wrote:

RishiRahul

What do you think?

RishiRahul
Don't know what he/she meant but the observation is of merit, afaik&o
Often in early to mid part.

Maybe the get "detached from detachment" was actually the arrival of Venus dasa during the end of Ketu dasa?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:37 pm

america.1 wrote:I try not to highlight one nakshatra over the others as being of special importance, but I feel like there is something incredibly odd about Purvabhadrada (and other Jupiter Nakshatras to a lesser extent).  I sort of feel as though Purvabhadrapada sort is the meeting point of Rahu and Ketu. The kumbha portion is aggressive and attack focused(rage against the machine), whereas the Meena portion has this epic collapse of all the built up desire/rage and becomes destructively passive.

Kumbha in general is a merging between Shani and Rahu.  The early portions are more constrained by Shani but as it progresses through, the repressed desires come to the forefront. Repression gives birth to desire.
Are you basing this on your observations in other nativities or is it the product of contemplation or perhaps even psychic opening...?

What did you mean by the 'meeting point of rahu and ketu'? :smt017 &nbsp;Is it like where angles collapse (noon and midnight?) or when swarbhanu comes alive in certain divisionals...?

Please elaborate a bit more about the above matters.

Thanks

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”