Is Astrology a product of arrogance?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Is Astrology a product of arrogance?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Now think 'geocentric'...! ;-)

Are the cats and tigers and lions awake...? :smt003
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Well, I am awake. But why should astrology be arrogant; unless the follower believes so?!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Well, I am awake. But why should astrology be arrogant; unless the follower believes so?!

Rishi
Ah, as usual responded in a hurry!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:58 am

In some ways, yes, astrology is a product of human arrogance for it seeks to "predict" life and events thus challenging nature, prakriti.
But so have been most human endeavors, physically and intellectually....

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Well it took some time but a lowly slow crab finally made it to reply.
There must be an aspect of arrogance; are we arrogant to believe we know what the stars were really doing, that we see them all that we did not miss a flight plan? So the element of trust must come into play or is that faith?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Votive wrote:In some ways, yes, astrology is a product of human arrogance for it seeks to "predict" life and events thus challenging nature, prakriti.
Thanks Votive!
But is this 'arrogance' a fragment of the 'divine-spark'* that is an important ingredient of the complex soup (although sometimes more like dalia or porridge?) that 'being human' really is...?

Is seeking  light, any light in the darkness of uncertainty not fuelled by self-preservation instinct?

*=since gods are not known for humility!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Talia wrote:Well it took some time but a lowly slow crab finally made it to reply.
There must be an aspect of arrogance; are we arrogant to believe we know what the stars were really doing, that we see them all that we did not miss a flight plan? So the element of trust must come into play or is that faith?
Hence astrology is geocentric? Or was that because of the then prevailing state of the craft and knowledge of astronomy in the human journey?

Crabs, the astrological belief goes, are endowed with eidetic recall...? Hence tend to be gifted with psychic abilities? Those that choose# to express those memories and abilities...?

#=prior to birth during the curriculum planning phase!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Do you really believe in the pre- planning of lives? Is that why you feel astrology or any prediction works?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Talia wrote:Do you really believe in the pre- planning of lives? Is that why you feel astrology or any prediction works?
Since astrology does seem to give me a sense that our lives are not entirely random strings and clusters of events and opportunities = although may seem so while experiencing those = it does imply that much of our life-path has some sort of planning involved. Since I am comfortable with the concept of reincarnation, and karma, I do not have significant problems with the concept of 'pre-planning'. Who *all* are involved in that planning prior to birth and the next lifetime is a matter of details where mystics and religious thinkers, seers and knowers differ, of course!

Though 'planned', one must not hurriedly assume that everything is predestined, or that we are hapless puppets of The Higher Force and Wisdom! Destiny and freedom of choice both exist and for all I know, their proportion may not be identical in each individual or at different times during the lifetime for any given individual.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Talia wrote:Do you really believe in the pre- planning of lives? Is that why you feel astrology or any prediction works?
Since astrology does seem to give me a sense that our lives are not entirely random strings and clusters of events and opportunities = although may seem so while experiencing those = it does imply that much of our life-path has some sort of planning involved. Since I am comfortable with the concept of reincarnation, and karma, I do not have significant problems with the concept of 'pre-planning'. Who *all* are involved in that planning prior to birth and the next lifetime is a matter of details where mystics and religious thinkers, seers and knowers differ, of course!

Though 'planned', one must not hurriedly assume that everything is predestined, or that we are hapless puppets of The Higher Force and Wisdom! Destiny and freedom of choice both exist and for all I know, their proportion may not be identical in each individual or at different times during the lifetime for any given individual.

Rohiniranjan

I, through experience, believe in preplanning; but of course that does not mean we can plan to the very detail.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:44 pm

But, Pre-planning by whom? Does the recipient agree or is it another force?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Talia wrote:But, Pre-planning by whom? Does the recipient agree or is it another force?
Hopefully, a democratic process with all parties concerned and in a heavenly sense having 'a truly vested interest'  :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:45 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Votive wrote:In some ways, yes, astrology is a product of human arrogance for it seeks to "predict" life and events thus challenging nature, prakriti.
Thanks Votive!
But is this 'arrogance' a fragment of the 'divine-spark'* that is an important ingredient of the complex soup (although sometimes more like dalia or porridge?) that 'being human' really is...?

Is seeking  light, any light in the darkness of uncertainty not fuelled by self-preservation instinct?

*=since gods are not known for humility!

In my opinion, call it the 'divine spark' or call it trust or faith as Talia puts it, the belief in astrology in itself propels many of us to reach out to patterns weaved.
It transcends experential perception for the moment remains fluid mutating, changing with 'I' and all what is "Non I'' or 'thou', both impacting.

As an aside I was informed very recently that 'dalia' (being split ) is the best answer for the Nodes. A strange coincidence or more...but daliya is certainly more appropriate!

votive

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:23 am

Talia wrote:But, Pre-planning by whom? Does the recipient agree or is it another force?
If this is addressed to me, I do not understand the question.

Thanks,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:18 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
If this is addressed to me, I do not understand the question.

Thanks,

RishiRahul
Sorry, my fault. You mentioned pre-planning and I just wondered whom you see as doing that?

Return to “Vedic Astrology”