Gemstone remedials...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:06 am

A nice read indeed... :)
But I was expecting some discussions about gemstones to come up during the course which was not to be.

Also, speaking of Karma, even I believe the Law of Karma to be an irrefutable and an ultimate law as there are many questions about life that remain unanswered otherwise.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:52 pm

A 'titanium foot wear' must not become a repository for the fantastic and unexplainable. Particularly, if it is shaped as a sandal.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Its shape may help people know it is a footwear, but what is the purpose if people do not know how to wear it?
And as we are not wise enough to know that, we look forward to your insights

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:58 pm

pranavg wrote:Its shape may help people know it is a footwear, but what is the purpose if people do not know how to wear it?
I hope you are not taking the "shoe" too concretely :-)

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 872#340872

Belief-Faith are rigid and often baseless; as inexplicable (and illogical?) as their subject-matter. Look at religions, for instance. So many Gods, so many 'FIT-o-logies'. For each of which humans have been prepared to die and did?

Divination (particularly its fringe-cultures') of all sorts are not immune to all this.

Karma is a belief that appeals to our sense of morality and the juris-prudence model which is important from a sociological (worldly) perspective, but that is the product of egocentricity of human beings (We are special; we are the chosen ones!).

Belief-Faith (numbers do not matter -- it is not a political election?) is not evidence of verity; just popularity ;-)

OTOH, there is solid evidence for what is termed: Placebo (and nocebo) effect at least in human beings...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 pm

pranavg wrote:A nice read indeed... :)
But I was expecting some discussions about gemstones to come up during the course which was not to be.

Also, speaking of Karma, even I believe the Law of Karma to be an irrefutable and an ultimate law as there are many questions about life that remain unanswered otherwise.

Hello,

Gemstones have got a lot of recognition as remedials! Even in daily life.
For gemini sun sign it is mercury. But since lagna is so and so it is X.
Since born on the 6th. it is Y. Since life path is 7 then it is A.
Since vimshottari dasa is so, then A.

At best choose the common=Y maybe.

I can only state a belief on this, just as Karma is.
But which method of choosing gemstone or even karma is best?

Do share your (1)thoughts and (2)Experience

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:19 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
pranavg wrote:Its shape may help people know it is a footwear, but what is the purpose if people do not know how to wear it?

Belief-Faith are rigid and often baseless; as inexplicable (and illogical?) as their subject-matter. Look at religions, for instance. So many Gods, so many 'FIT-o-logies'. For each of which humans have been prepared to die and did?

Divination (particularly its fringe-cultures') of all sorts are not immune to all this.

Karma is a belief that appeals to our sense of morality and the juris-prudence model which is important from a sociological (worldly) perspective, but that is the product of egocentricity of human beings (We are special; we are the chosen ones!).

Belief-Faith (numbers do not matter -- it is not a political election?) is not evidence of verity; just popularity ;-)

OTOH, there is solid evidence for what is termed: Placebo (and nocebo) effect at least in human beings...!

Having faith is not a problem. The problem is having blind faith and most are a victim to it. Like your apt example of religion where a group of people having a common (blind or otherwise) belief do not respect other's belief to the extent that they are ready to die for or even kill others... this shows their lack of fundamental understanding and blindly following without rational reasoning.
So faith is a good thing to have as it drives our sense of morality but blind faith is usually damaging as it may or may not be aligned to our belief system and a closed mind is not open to explore other possibilities.

Speaking of Karma, it is certainly a belief and for me as well it will continue to be so until there is no base to deny it. Instead of proving it to be true, I insist others prove it wrong.
My belief is supported by this beautiful science of astrology (which I am possibly too novice to even discuss with you about) where different dasha systems culminate into a single same event with a different perspective with D-60 separately indicating karma and Moola dasha used to time it.
Also, sans karma, there are too many questions / events in life that remain unanswered.
So, just writing it off as another belief does not appeal to me much.

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:38 am

RishiRahul wrote:

Hello,

RishiRahul

Hi RishiRahul ji,

Although lagna lord / rashi lord may play a role in deciding gemstones, I understand that an astrologer suggests a gem to a native based on the native's horoscope. I believe importance is also given to the functional nature of the planet. For a Sagitarrius ascendant (D-1), may be Manik be recommended as Sun is a functional benefic.

About recommending it based on Vimshottari dasha, I believe, it would be for a temporary period and that too after carefully considering both the positives and negatives indicated by the dasha lord. Although I do not have much experience about it, this is what makes sense to me.

Stating gemstone remedy just as a belief may be like undermining the science behind it. If an astrologer suggests something, it will be based on his / her knowledge and experience; not just a belief. It would rather be in the interest of the native that the astrologer does not suggest anything as I have learnt that the gemstones can have negative influence if wrongly chosen and no one would want to spend a fortune to attract negativity :)
So, recommendation based on belief surely would not be ethical, right?
That is why we novice learners reach to to you to gain some insight.

My question is, if functional benefic is the key factor (if there is something else please enlighten) and different varga charts have different functional benefics, how do we recommend a gemstone?
For marriage, if we are considering functional benefics in D-9 (correct me if I am wrong), they may or may not be appropriate in the context of other varga charts including D-1. Then, on what basis should the gemstone be recommended, if at all?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:29 pm

pranavg wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Having faith is not a problem. The problem is having blind faith and most are a victim to it. Like your apt example of religion where a group of people having a common (blind or otherwise) belief do not respect other's belief to the extent that they are ready to die for or even kill others... this shows their lack of fundamental understanding and blindly following without rational reasoning.
So faith is a good thing to have as it drives our sense of morality but blind faith is usually damaging as it may or may not be aligned to our belief system and a closed mind is not open to explore other possibilities.

Speaking of Karma, it is certainly a belief and for me as well it will continue to be so until there is no base to deny it. Instead of proving it to be true, I insist others prove it wrong.
My belief is supported by this beautiful science of astrology (which I am possibly too novice to even discuss with you about) where different dasha systems culminate into a single same event with a different perspective with D-60 separately indicating karma and Moola dasha used to time it.
Also, sans karma, there are too many questions / events in life that remain unanswered.
Well said!
Ramkrishna ji said (translated in English), "Faith brings one closer to realizing God (Truth), discussions-debates-arguments (mind candy) merely feed the distancing"

Rational logic (rationality) while crucial only serves the Newtonian framework (Science as prevailed so far), but now we (humanity) have progressed to be able to conceptualize and accept/embrace/explore the Quantum framework.

Indian army had developed an armoured vehicle named Shaktiman (60s-70s?) which could use a wide spectrum of fuels (even kerosene and cooking oils from what people used to say). Where movement and mobility was essential, who cares about the actual fuel (approach-thinking) is concerned...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:44 pm

pranavg wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hello,

RishiRahul

Hi RishiRahul ji,

Although lagna lord / rashi lord may play a role in deciding gemstones, I understand that an astrologer suggests a gem to a native based on the native's horoscope. I believe importance is also given to the functional nature of the planet. For a Sagitarrius ascendant (D-1), may be Manik be recommended as Sun is a functional benefic.

About recommending it based on Vimshottari dasha, I believe, it would be for a temporary period and that too after carefully considering both the positives and negatives indicated by the dasha lord. Although I do not have much experience about it, this is what makes sense to me.

Stating gemstone remedy just as a belief may be like undermining the science behind it. If an astrologer suggests something, it will be based on his / her knowledge and experience; not just a belief. It would rather be in the interest of the native that the astrologer does not suggest anything as I have learnt that the gemstones can have negative influence if wrongly chosen and no one would want to spend a fortune to attract negativity :)

My question is, if functional benefic is the key factor (if there is something else please enlighten) and different varga charts have different functional benefics, how do we recommend a gemstone?
For marriage, if we are considering functional benefics in D-9 (correct me if I am wrong), they may or may not be appropriate in the context of other varga charts including D-1. Then, on what basis should the gemstone be recommended, if at all?

pranavg,

Do we also not see many wearing the same astrological gemstones for ornamental purposes? Particularly by the rich or very rich?....And their lives are not more disturbed than others.. or disturbed as others similarly?

Which possibly means or goes to establish that gemstone redials are not such a major factor as thought by many!

Gemstones for Lakshmithanas are best; and there are also other facors as mentioned.
K.P. way is different entirely.

Best to strike a balance with them adding experience & maturity to the choice.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 am

RishiRahul wrote:
pranavg wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hello,

RishiRahul

Hi RishiRahul ji,

pranavg,

Do we also not see many wearing the same astrological gemstones for ornamental purposes? Particularly by the rich or very rich?....And their lives are not more disturbed than others.. or disturbed as others similarly?

Which possibly means or goes to establish that gemstone redials are not such a major factor as thought by many!

Gemstones for Lakshmithanas are best; and there are also other facors as mentioned.
K.P. way is different entirely.

Best to strike a balance with them adding experience & maturity to the choice.

RishiRahul

Hi,

I agree that gemstone remedials may possibly not be that major factor (but don't agree that they are not a factor), but speaking about those using it as an ornament, there is little that we can pinpoint at which clearly says their life is disturbed or otherwise. Basically, "being disturbed" is a relative thing.
A millionaire may possibly ignore (or may not even notice) if he loses his wallet containing a 1000 bucks but a pauper may be grossly "disturbed" even if he loses 100 bucks. So, getting disturbed is a relative term and the rich may also be getting the pinch of using a wrong gem as an ornament but don't realize it or may I say don't care... of course unless the damage is massive... may be health related or even life.
Again, as per my belief (and little that I have learnt yet), a wrongly chosen gemstone is disastrous irrespective of one's status in society. How disastrous it is, is the question... which decides how quickly the native realizes it...

Even if not a major factor, I hope, we (astrology readers) believe that it is a factor. For my question about varga charts, even if we temporarily speak of Lakshmistanas, every varga chart will have different ascendant (more or less), then how does one choose / recommend?
I have just begun gaining knowledge and lack both experience as well as maturity to understand the different angles and hence would like to know more from you all.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
pranavg wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Well said!
Ramkrishna ji said (translated in English), "Faith brings one closer to realizing God (Truth), discussions-debates-arguments (mind candy) merely feed the distancing"

Rational logic (rationality) while crucial only serves the Newtonian framework (Science as prevailed so far), but now we (humanity) have progressed to be able to conceptualize and accept/embrace/explore the Quantum framework.

Indian army had developed an armoured vehicle named Shaktiman (60s-70s?) which could use a wide spectrum of fuels (even kerosene and cooking oils from what people used to say). Where movement and mobility was essential, who cares about the actual fuel (approach-thinking) is concerned...?
Indeed!!!
All I use rationality for (in this context) is to differentiate between faith and blind faith... and ensure that I don't get carried away either way. With such a vast topic and my limited intellect, without a rational approach, this cannot be totally ruled out :)

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:12 pm

pranavg wrote: ...

All I use rationality for (in this context) is to differentiate between faith and blind faith... and ensure that I don't get carried away either way. With such a vast topic and my limited intellect, without a rational approach, this cannot be totally ruled out :)

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
I am curious as to how you differentiate in your mind, faith vs blind faith? Please give an example of each.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:43 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
I am curious as to how you differentiate in your mind, faith vs blind faith? Please give an example of each.
It is not that complex; may be not too simple either ;)
Difference between faith and blind faith is nothing but the level of awareness / consciousness that we are able to achieve when responding to a given situation.

If we are conscious enough of our actions / thoughts, it is faith.
If the response is done ignorantly (helpless because of our habits or sheer lethargy), it is something done blindly (of course I hope everyone understands that we not speaking of physical blindness here but spiritual); thus qualifying as a blind faith.

So when I know what I am thinking it cannot be blind. And backed by the fact that I know why I am believing what I am thinking (rationality), I can be sure that it is certainly NOT a blind faith.
Again, open to the possibility that someone may prove it wrong based on their knowledge / wisdom. But insisting that they first prove it wrong before questioning my belief.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 am

pranavg wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
Difference between faith and blind faith is nothing but the level of awareness / consciousness that we are able to achieve when responding to a given situation.

If the response is done ignorantly (helpless because of our habits or sheer lethargy), it is something done blindly (of course I hope everyone understands that we not speaking of physical blindness here but spiritual); thus qualifying as a blind faith.

So when I know what I am thinking it cannot be blind. And backed by the fact that I know why I am believing what I am thinking (rationality), I can be sure that it is certainly NOT a blind faith.
Again, open to the possibility that someone may prove it wrong based on their knowledge / wisdom. But insisting that they first prove it wrong before questioning my belief.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
Any specific, illustrative examples for faith vs blind faith...? :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:12 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
pranavg wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
Any specific, illustrative examples for faith vs blind faith...? :-)
Faith is believing that "Law of Karma" works and knowing why you believe it.

Blind faith is believing that "Law of Karma" works just because some learned / scholar or king or messiah of their respective religions or spiritual leader etc. has said.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

Return to “Vedic Astrology”