Gemstone remedials...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Gemstone remedials...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Tamaso ma jyotirgamay:

The darker the corridors of karma are, the more there is first and foremost the need for *light*. Without the latter, even the most precious mani shall remain ineffective for it has no light of its own...

Like one of those laser torches without batteries...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Pardon my ignorance about Hindi word meanings, but can I safely assume from your subject heading that mani means the same thing as gemstone does in English?

If your answer is YES then I think that I understand the comparison which you are attempting to make between a lack of enlightenment concerning one's karmic history and a laser torch without a battery, but if your answer is NO then I am completely and possibly irretrievably  lost.

EoT :smt017

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:Pardon my ignorance about Hindi word meanings, but can I safely assume from your subject heading that mani means the same thing as gemstone does in English?

If your answer is YES then I think that I understand the comparison which you are attempting to make between a lack of enlightenment concerning one's karmic history and a laser torch without a battery, but if your answer is NO then I am completely and possibly irretrievably  lost.

EoT :smt017
Sorry EoT, I should have clarified for English-speaking members. Mani means gemstone.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:13 am

To Rohiniranjan

What a relief that is to hear.

I am sure that I am not the only non Hindi speaking person on Mystic Board who is interested in this subject, but who at the same time would appreciate your translation when their understanding depends so heavily upon it.

To all Members

Also spare a thought for the poor English speaking moderator who has the sometimes unenviable task of classifying your posting, in order to ensure that it is in the most appropriate forum to be discussed.

For example the general discussion forum is for discussing any subject which is not already covered by any of the more specific subject boards.

If a general discussion turns into something else, I can always split it off into the more appropriate forum for it, after either receiving your personal request through a private message or alternately by you reporting your own posting as being inappropriate.

Inappropriate does not always mean bad. Sometimes it simply means that it could be posted in a better place than it is now.

The same principle can equally be applied in any of the other discussion forums, if or when you or someone else drifts away from the original topic

But please keep discussing!

EoT  :smt020

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:02 am

Rohiniranjan wrote: ... Mani means gemstone.

Oh..., and for the sake of completeness: Mani (Sanskrit) should be pronounced not as Annie (name) but as money or honey!  :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:13 am

Indeed, the need for light, jyoti has been the consistent theme in human endeavor. milleniums ago, the allegory of the cave by Aristotle uses the theme of light.
And after all, the Big Bang and all other bangs play on the light!

As always, you have captured the essence of Gemstones or mani. For it to be effective, it has to be brought out from the shadows and allowed to absorb, reflect and be resplendent.
As the mani, so the user.

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Votive wrote:Indeed, the need for light, jyoti has been the consistent theme in human endeavor. milleniums ago, the allegory of the cave by Aristotle uses the theme of light.

As always, you have captured the essence of Gemstones or mani. For it to be effective, it has to be brought out from the shadows and allowed to absorb, reflect and be resplendent.

votive
The light: I would like to believe (faith-based hence not necessarily captured in the convenient mind-box of logic and empiricism) that the light burns brightly forever, but the accumulated soot of karmic nature (deeds; Karma = actions, for the benefit of English-speaking members) around it hides it from view (e.g., in asylums and correctional institutions and even in populace-at-large). Hanging a string of pearls or diamonds or navaratnas (none gemstone-jewellery) would be ineffective!

Removing or at least reducing the soot should be the first order of business...?

Votive

Post by Votive » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:54 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Votive wrote:Indeed, the need for light, jyoti has been the consistent theme in human endeavor. milleniums ago, the allegory of the cave by Aristotle uses the theme of light.

votive
The light: I would like to believe (faith-based hence not necessarily captured in the convenient mind-box of logic and empiricism) that the light burns brightly forever, but the accumulated soot of karmic nature (deeds; Karma = actions, for the benefit of English-speaking members) around it hides it from view (e.g., in asylums and correctional institutions and even in populace-at-large). Hanging a string of pearls or diamonds or navaratnas (none gemstone-jewellery) would be ineffective!

Removing or at least reducing the soot should be the first order of business...?
The question is does one realise or is aware of the darkness or accumulated dirt?

Having realised, the Lila..or the Cosmic Game is such that there is little effort to do the basic simple dusting perhaps because the Karmic consequences are not permitting it.

I suppose, it is these little yet significant issues which keeps the society dirty.

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:45 am

Votive wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

votive

The question is does one realise or is aware of the darkness or accumulated dirt?

Having realised, the Lila..or the Cosmic Game is such that there is little effort to do the basic simple dusting perhaps because the Karmic consequences are not permitting it.

I suppose, it is these little yet significant issues which keeps the society dirty.

votive
Jahan jaagey wahin savera...?

For english-speaking members:
Where and whenever eyes open, the dawn awaits...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Votive wrote: The question is does one realise or is aware of the darkness or accumulated dirt?

votive
Many accomplished yogis-sages basking in the GLOW of their realization (in closeness or even oneness with The Divine Essence) alert us garden-variety folks that astrology, divination and their ilk are to be shunned-ignored as these are like lamps with only a limited amount of fuel and wick.

Yet. for those that far outnumber those lofty but rare beings -- when surrounded by hurricanes (not the illuminating kind!), the soothespakes from mystics (outnumbering the realized beings, anyday!) seems to resist such notions.

That said, many astrologers (particularly of eastern faith) insist that the horoscope contains hints and keys for the path of salvation of the soul. Some even getting down to precise details such as which demi-god to worship, or day to fast, which charity to perform, who to embrace and what to avoid (muhurta=electional astrology), which animal to feed and at what time, which aluminum compound to wear next to the skin, etc etc etc)!

Multiplicity of opinions, interpretations from creative to crazy abound in the ocean of uncertainty that fogs the intellect, senses and decisions of the hapless individual who must bare its soul to the Tsunami that it is trapped in while the observers from the remote shore nod wisely and call it Maya (Illusion).

Until such time when the Ocean bites into and claims the edge of the shore they were standing upon...?

Surely, all of this must be encrypted in the 'travel-plan' that astrology perhaps was meant to encapsulate...? Or was it...? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:46 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:...
Votive wrote: The question is does one realise or is aware of the darkness or accumulated dirt?

votive
Many accomplished yogis-sages basking in the GLOW of their realization (in closeness or even oneness with The Divine Essence) alert us garden-variety folks that astrology, divination and their ilk are to be shunned-ignored as these are like lamps with only a limited amount of fuel and wick.

Yet. for those that far outnumber those lofty but rare beings -- when surrounded by hurricanes (not the illuminating kind!), the soothespakes from mystics (outnumbering the realized beings, anyday!) seems to resist such notions.

That said, many astrologers (particularly of eastern faith) insist that the horoscope contains hints and keys for the path of salvation of the soul. Some even getting down to precise details such as which demi-god to worship, or day to fast, which charity to perform, who to embrace and what to avoid (muhurta=electional astrology), which animal to feed and at what time, which aluminum compound to wear next to the skin, etc etc etc)!

Multiplicity of opinions, interpretations from creative to crazy abound in the ocean of uncertainty that fogs the intellect, senses and decisions of the hapless individual who must bare its soul to the Tsunami that it is trapped in while the observers from the remote shore nod wisely and call it Maya (Illusion).

Until such time when the Ocean bites into and claims the edge of the shore they were standing upon...?

Surely, all of this must be encrypted in the 'travel-plan' that astrology perhaps was meant to encapsulate...? Or was it...? ;-)
I doubt if we will get a clear answer to it. Certainly, the path and the jyoti on it is marked. The ways to understand it are manifold, diverse and pluralistic. To each his/her own...

For, some say,it is the social, cultural and ethical level of consciousness which determines the decisions taken by the individuals..be it the earthy farmer , the intellectual academician, the powerful politician, the affluent business, the young child or simply the ordinary individual who walks on in the flow of life and society.

votive

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Translation of key phrases or quotes necessary for a basic understanding of what the posting is about into English, are always to be appreciated.

And not only by your friendly moderators, as the language barrier can often discourage members who only understand English from taking any part in your discussions.

Not that this rule applies here, but could I please take this opportunity to remind members that postings which are written entirely in a language other than English will be automatically removed from the boards?

Please continue,

EoT  :smt023

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:08 am

Hence the translation was provided :-)

Thanks for noting my good netiquette!

Rohiniranjan

eye_of_tiger wrote:

Translation of key phrases or quotes necessary for a basic understanding of what the posting is about into English, are always to be appreciated.

And not only by your friendly moderators, as the language barrier can often discourage members who only understand English from taking any part in your discussions.

Not that this rule applies here, but could I please take this opportunity to remind members that postings which are written entirely in a language other than English will be automatically removed from the boards?

Please continue,

EoT  :smt023
:smt020
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:33 am

Votive wrote: ...

I doubt if we will get a clear answer to it. Certainly, the path and the jyoti on it is marked. The ways to understand it are manifold, diverse and pluralistic. To each his/her own...

For, some say,it is the social, cultural and ethical level of consciousness which determines the decisions taken by the individuals..be it the earthy farmer , the intellectual academician, the powerful politician, the affluent business, the young child or simply the ordinary individual who walks on in the flow of life and society.

votive

Haha! And *they* vehemently claim/profess/etc that TIME is neither linear nor even a real entity!

Without the concept of TIME and its linearity, Karma (Law of cause leading to effect) stands on rather shaky legs and astrology and similar gets tossed out of their window (of *perception*?) by certain types of mind-sets...?

Unless it is all one huge random *dog's breakfast*, the perplexing question remains:

Why do saints suffer while rogues seem to be doing so well...?  :smt017
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:19 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Votive wrote: ...

votive

Haha! And *they* vehemently claim/profess/etc that TIME is neither linear nor even a real entity!

Without the concept of TIME and its linearity, Karma (Law of cause leading to effect) stands on rather shaky legs and astrology and similar gets tossed out of their window (of *perception*?) by certain types of mind-sets...?

Unless it is all one huge random *dog's breakfast*, the perplexing question remains:

Why do saints suffer while rogues seem to be doing so well...?  :smt017
Ma ki leela nyari...
The creator's cosmic game is unfathomable....

Rarely do we comprehend the cause and effect equations. The resultant consequences are best when they remain unsolved in the realms of unfolding time notwithstanding our forays in jyotish and other divinatory arts. The efforts of Science, intuition, mystic revelations and Astrology are unable to answer all questions.

Ours to make efforts to understand, Her's to give answers!

votive

Return to “Vedic Astrology”