Astrology and its significance

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Sadhana

Astrology and its significance

Post by Sadhana » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:06 am

Astrology is a mirror to life. It is also a guideline. It is certainly not 100% correct. No discipline is. But it helps within limits, just as psychology, economics, psychiatry does. Nothing is absolutely final and completely certain. But the chances of predictions coming right are good. Also, character analysis of Astrology often helps. Astrology is not a crutch. It is to be used to heal one's self.

My reply is that at the right time, the right code of conduct and the right method to perform a task always aid success whether in a career, business, marriage or even life. I firmly believe in the Indian tenets, which say that the actions of our past lives determine the present and on the whole the events in our life are predetermined by the combination of stellar positions at the time of our conception, birth and then at the time of the happening. Can my astrological guidance change the course of events? No, but the right remedy… can diminish the impact of a miss-happening or bring in pleasure back into your life after a span of discord."

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:50 am

Your posting was originally part of a thread, which was removed from this board for reasons of a copyright violation by the other member involved.

However I feel that it has much of value to contribute to our understanding of the limitations of astrology, and have therefore restored it here for the purpose of further discussion.

Please remember that any link to an external website from which either its owner or the member who posted it could possibly benefit (including financially) must not be posted on our forums.

Which is why the links which were included with this posting have been removed by your moderator.

Thank you for contributing,

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Quite honestly, dear friend EoT, and based on what I have understood from many postings read on internet forums (fora), websites (claiming to capture the essence of astrology) and personal communications with other Astros, here-there-everywhere, it is not merely about understanding of limitations of astrology but also limitations in understanding of astrology that is involved! Even in those that are serious and sincere about the pursuit. IOW, excluding the "smoke and mirror" folks of which there are many and often get drawn to occultism, mysticism and astrology as well! <sigh!>

Return to “Vedic Astrology”