Understanding Profession/ability of Writing

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

asro

Understanding Profession/ability of Writing

Post by asro » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:44 am

Halo All,

I was wondering if anyone here is open to discussing few charts in
relation to figuring out certain principles floating on internet. The goal
is not to discredit them but rather to bolster my understanding of them. With
limited knowledge of jyotish comprehending these principles is challenge to me
hence would like your help /guidance on it.

The principles are related to a persons ability write. I do know this is generic
to mention as there are various types of writers and varied is their work. I hope
that we do discover how to delineate this subtleties as we study the charts.

My aim is to understand
1. What combinations indicate a person will be writer
  1a) combination that show person might take up that as profession  
  2b) combination to show person just has inclinations
2. combinations which show success through writing
3. combinations which show person has only interest in reading

Hope you all suggest in more some points to be understood.

To begin with let me lay down a few principles which I came across on internet.
I cannot assure them to be authentic or name the source which has laid them down.
To be frank I have just collected them using google. Hence I wish that we do clear
out these rules. i hope you all do contribute to them

Rules : which indicate writing ability, profession. Association of the following in natives
chart indicates inclination to being a writer

Houses associated : 3H, 5H and 10H
Planets associated: Mer, Mar, Jup, Lagnesh
signs :   Gemini, Virgo, Capri

To these are also mentioned  additional planets like Venus, Saturn Rahu considered to and even
other signs like Taurus, Aquarian, Pisces are mentioned too. But I hope we validate them through
this attempt of research.

I have randomly selected a few authors and have their data from astrodata bank.
If you all are interested I could copy paste the data I used and we may study
these charts. Am open to suggestions

warmly
Asro

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:21 pm

What an excellent idea.

That is exactly what this board was created for.

Do not post any external links.

Please keep it to a maximum of three authors per posting.

Post the information for the first three authors now, and see what type of response you get to it, before posting any more under this same thread.

Be patient, while waiting for any responses.

Go ahead.

EoT

asro

Post by asro » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:21 pm

What an excellent idea.

That is exactly what this board was created for.

Do not post any external links.

Please keep it to a maximum of three authors per posting.

Post the information for the first three authors now, and see what type of response you get to it, before posting any more under this same thread.

Be patient, while waiting for any responses.

Go ahead.
Hi Eye of Tiger
(thought its weird to add 'ji' to EoT)

Thank you for those encouraging words. And i hope that rest members share the same enthusiasm  :smt003

Again thank you for the suggestion of  limited posting of charts, there I was still figuring out what and how i shall I share the charts. For now I am attaching three png files of charts of flg authors  (_A/ AA is Rodden rating). I am using Jhora with default calculations setting.

1. Agatha Christie_A
2. Aurther Conan Doyle _AA
3. Benjamin Walter _AA  

My thoughts on the charts (though the png does show varga charts, for now I am concentrating only on Rasi /D1 chart)

Agatha Christie :   Lagnesh Moon with 3l &12L Mer in 3rd house -- Strong third house
                           3H gets aspect from Jupiter sitting in 7H  
                           indicates --> moon, jup, Mer connection.  
                          The connection to 10H, Mars, 5H seems to evade me
AC Doyle :    Lagna lord Ven in 12H with Mer. Lagna is strong with Mar, Sun in 1H
                       3H has Saturn in cancer, whilst Moon in 9H in Capri. This is causing a parivartan yog bet 3L and 9L . Sat is also 10L.  Sat also casts 10th aspect on Ve-Mer in 12H    
Thus this chart does almost fulfill the 'conditions' i mentioned in my first post. But a strong sway /blessing of jupiter on LL, Mer or other concerned planets is missing. Also 5H connection is missing

Benjamin Walter:   LL in 8H in Virgo, 3H is strong with Jup and Ra (for a moment 'ignoring' guru chandal yog), in Aries.
                      3L in 12H of Capri. Retro Ve in 5H  
                      In this chart the missing mer connection to 3H, LL, confuses me

I hope this sets the ball rolling

Note: in all the above charts, and ones that will follow, one may observe there is a connection of 12H in charts of authors. Either of LL, 3L or Mer get connected to 12H.

What confuses me is the delineation as how to interpret in above chart, will create a author, who will say take up writing as profession.            

hope you all participate and add to this thread

warmly
Asro
Attachments
agatha_christie_A.png
agatha_christie_A.png (303.11 KiB) Viewed 7087 times
AC_Doyle_AA.png
AC_Doyle_AA.png (295.46 KiB) Viewed 7087 times
Benjamin_Walter_AA.png
Benjamin_Walter_AA.png (300.19 KiB) Viewed 7087 times

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 am

Asro ji,

Which Ayanamsha have you used?

CRS
CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Understanding Profession/ability of Writing

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:36 pm

asro wrote:Halo All,

I was wondering if anyone here is open to discussing few charts in
relation to figuring out certain principles floating on internet. The goal
is not to discredit them but rather to bolster my understanding of them. With
limited knowledge of jyotish comprehending these principles is challenge to me
hence would like your help /guidance on it.

The principles are related to a persons ability write. I do know this is generic
to mention as there are various types of writers and varied is their work. I hope
that we do discover how to delineate this subtleties as we study the charts.

My aim is to understand
1. What combinations indicate a person will be writer
  1a) combination that show person might take up that as profession  
  2b) combination to show person just has inclinations
2. combinations which show success through writing
3. combinations which show person has only interest in reading

Hope you all suggest in more some points to be understood.

To begin with let me lay down a few principles which I came across on internet.
I cannot assure them to be authentic or name the source which has laid them down.
To be frank I have just collected them using google. Hence I wish that we do clear
out these rules. i hope you all do contribute to them

Rules : which indicate writing ability, profession. Association of the following in natives
chart indicates inclination to being a writer

Houses associated : 3H, 5H and 10H
Planets associated: Mer, Mar, Jup, Lagnesh
signs :   Gemini, Virgo, Capri

To these are also mentioned  additional planets like Venus, Saturn Rahu considered to and even
other signs like Taurus, Aquarian, Pisces are mentioned too. But I hope we validate them through
this attempt of research.

I have randomly selected a few authors and have their data from astrodata bank.
If you all are interested I could copy paste the data I used and we may study
these charts. Am open to suggestions

warmly
Asro

asro and others,

Very interesting post! Just saw the post? Pity I missed it.

The 3rd. house is the house of limbs + expression= writing (second house is speech and then is writing/acting. So its third; being second to second).

The reason for involving 5th may be creativity; involving the 10th should be about it being linked to profession.

The quality of the expression through limbs is determined by the planet involved with the 3rd. house.
Mars for acting;mercury for writing; again mercury can be for acting (mimicking type)........ so on.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Can we have the birth details of the 3 writers with their original full names (from wikipedia)?
No need to post links I think.
We trust you. I do at least.

RishiRahul

asro

Post by asro » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Which Ayanamsha have you used?

CRS
CRS ji

I used the default setting in Jhora -->  True Lahiri/Chitrapaksha    

asro and others,

Very interesting post! Just saw the post? Pity I missed it.

The 3rd. house is the house of limbs + expression= writing (second house is speech and then is writing/acting. So its third; being second to second).

The reason for involving 5th may be creativity; involving the 10th should be about it being linked to profession.

The quality of the expression through limbs is determined by the planet involved with the 3rd. house.
Mars for acting;mercury for writing; again mercury can be for acting (mimicking type)........ so on.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Can we have the birth details of the 3 writers with their original full names (from wikipedia)?
No need to post links I think.
We trust you. I do at least.

RishiRahul

Rishiji Thank you for the encouragement.  Also thank you for explaining it using the limb analogy. Added I was today to ask how does one differentiate 3H -acting from writing and your cleared it  :)  

Related to the detailed info of the writers i am copy pasting it as is from Astro Databank. Thats the data what I used.

Name Christie, Agatha Gender: F
Birthname Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller
born on 15 September 1890 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )
Place Torquay, England, 50n28, 3w30
Timezone GMT h0e (is standard time)
Data source From memory
Rodden Rating A  Collector: Rodden
(wiki info --> Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie, Lady Mallowan, DBE (née Miller; 15 September 1890 – 12 January 1976) )

Name Benjamin, Walter Gender: M
born on 15 July 1892 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )
Place Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21
Timezone LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)
Data source Quoted BC/BR
Rodden Rating AA  Collector: Lepoivre
(wiki info --> Walter Bendix Schönflies Benjamin 15 July 1892 – 26 September 1940)

Name Conan Doyle, Arthur Gender: M
born on 22 May 1859 at 04:55 (= 04:55 AM )
Place Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13
Timezone GMT h0e (is standard time)
Data source Quoted BC/BR
Rodden Rating AA Collector: Wright
(Wiki Info --> Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle KStJ, DL (22 May 1859 – 7 July 1930) )

warmly
Asro

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:12 am

With True Lahiri/ChitraPaksha Benjamin Walter's lagna is shown at 29Cp44 NOT 2Aq.

Also even if the lagna is in Aq 3rd house has Mo and NOT Ju+Ra. Ju is in Li and Ra is in Ge.

I believe 3rd house indicates writing and 9th house publishing.

Agatha Christie - 3rd lord in 3rd with lagnesh both aspecting 9th. 9th Lord in 7th aspecting lagna, 3rd and the two tenants.
Sir Doyle -  3rd and 9th are in mutual exchange and mutual aspect
I both charts 3/9 th link is also visible from AL

In case of Benjamin Walter Lagna is in the last degree of Cp. For both lagnas connection between 3rd and 9th is not convincing and even the strengths of the two houses independently are also average.
CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 am

mysbcrs wrote:With True Lahiri/ChitraPaksha Benjamin Walter's lagna is shown at 29Cp44 NOT 2Aq.

Also even if the lagna is in Aq 3rd house has Mo and NOT Ju+Ra. Ju is in Li and Ra is in Ge.

Agatha Christie - 3rd lord in 3rd with lagnesh both aspecting 9th. 9th Lord in 7th aspecting lagna, 3rd and the two tenants.

In case of Benjamin Walter Lagna is in the last degree of Cp. For both lagnas connection between 3rd and 9th is not convincing and even the strengths of the two houses independently are also average.
mysbcrs ji and others,

With either of the 2 chitrapaksha ayanamas Benjamin Walker's lagna is Aquarius 2 degrees, unless I am going wrong somewhere.

Benjamin Walker (born 1892) was a comedian actor and not writer.

Third house is Aries & 3rd & 10th. lord Mars is exalted, & aspecting the 3rd. & 7th. house.
Jupiter Rahu, the combination of unconventional expression probably justifies the type of acting he was known for; and yes, retro Mars is amaytyakarak too! Dramatic unconventional (not the usual style).

Such strong link of Mars & Rahu to the 3rd; creative Venus in the 5th house of creativity; link of the 3rd, and 10th...........

And yes, Retro Mars & retro venus! Unconventional personal life too!!

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:52 pm

There are many Bennys! :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:There are many Bennys! :-)

Dada,

Whats a Benny?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:20 pm

one of the many.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:one of the many.
About Benjamin, I guess. Right?

Also..
mysbcrs wrote:With True Lahiri/ChitraPaksha Benjamin Walter's lagna is shown at 29Cp44 NOT 2Aq.

.....I was wondering about the 3rd. 9th connection....
Whether its about writing & publication      or    luck connected with writing?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

asro

Post by asro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Halo All,
With True Lahiri/ChitraPaksha Benjamin Walter's lagna is shown at 29Cp44 NOT 2Aq.

mysbcrsji would you please explain more about the 3h-9H connection ?. By publishing did you mean the physical printing of the book/work or does it mean the native might be publisher or like Rishiji pointed to being lucky in writing ?  

Or does it help timing the event of book being published?

Also my true Lahiri still shows me Aq lagna for Walter.  

mysbcrs ji and others,

With either of the 2 chitrapaksha ayanamas Benjamin Walker's lagna is Aquarius 2 degrees, unless I am going wrong somewhere.

Third house is Aries & 3rd & 10th. lord Mars is exalted, & aspecting the 3rd. & 7th. house.
Jupiter Rahu, the combination of unconventional expression probably justifies the type of acting he was known for; and yes, retro Mars is amaytyakarak too! Dramatic unconventional (not the usual style).

Such strong link of Mars & Rahu to the 3rd; creative Venus in the 5th house of creativity; link of the 3rd, and 10th...........

RishiRahul

Rishiji  does 7H house in relation to writing indicate the outreach? I ask this to understand the fame associated for eg: in Agatha Christies chart how do we deduce that the native will achive fame through work/writing (she is second best seller of all time. Second to William Shakespeare--if he was 'one' person).

Also in case of  Bejamin Walter retro mars has strong influence but does it being amatyakarak work as additional bonus ?
Attachments
ernest_hemingway.png
ernest_hemingway.png (298.49 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
Ken_Kesey_AA.png
Ken_Kesey_AA.png (304.84 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
truman_capote_B.png
truman_capote_B.png (300.49 KiB) Viewed 6782 times

asro

Post by asro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Halo All,

mysbcrsji would you please explain more about the 3h-9H connection ?. By publishing did you mean the physical printing of the book/work or does it mean the native might be publisher or like Rishiji pointed to being lucky in writing ?  

Or does it help timing the event of book being published?

on side note : is it possible to predict an authors work being published say in book form?

Also Jhora shows me true Lahiri --> Aq lagna for Walter.  

mysbcrs ji and others,

RishiRahul

Rishiji  does 7H house in relation to writing indicate the outreach? I ask this to understand the fame associated for eg: in Agatha Christies chart how do we deduce that the native will achieve fame through work/writing (she is second best seller of all time. Second to William Shakespeare--if he was 'one' person).

Also in case of  Bejamin Walter retro mars has strong influence but does it being amatyakarak work as additional bonus ?

I am attaching three more charts of Authors here is the data

Name Hemingway, Ernest Gender: M
Birthname Ernest Miller Hemingway
born on 21 July 1899 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )
Place Oak Park, Illinois, 41n53, 87w47
Timezone CST h6w (is standard time)
Data source From memory
Rodden Rating A  Collector: Rodden

Name Capote, Truman Gender: M
Birthname Truman Streckfus Persons
born on 30 September 1924 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )
Place New Orleans, Louisiana, 29n57, 90w05
Timezone CST h6w (is standard time)
Data source Bio/autobiography
Rodden Rating B Collector: Rodden

Name Kesey, Ken Gender: M
Birthname Kenneth Elton Kesey
born on 17 September 1935 at 16:24 (= 4:24 PM )
Place La Junta, Colorado, 37n59, 103w33
Timezone MST h7w (is standard time)
Data source BC/BR in hand
Rodden Rating AA Collector: Steinbrecher

In E. Hemingway's chart the karak Mer, Mar (Neccha) of writing are all in 12H. THe 3H lord is in 11H. Mar has its 4th aspect but its neecha, or does the aspect of Moon in kendra from Mar cancel it ? Mer has no connection to 3H or 10H

In Truman Capote's chart : 3L Jup in 11h. Mer in 8H, and retro Mar in 12h from 3H. Thus Jup, Mer, Mar not connected. Exalted Lagnesh Sat in 10H. Sat is no connection to 3H.  This chart throws me completely off

In Ken Kesey's chart  3L jup in 10H. Mer with sun aspects the 3H. But here the connection bet Jup and mer fails me. Mar in 11h but no connection to 3H How does one say this native would be writer?  Jup in Libra, Mer+Sun aspecting 3H-- does it not indicate acting?

warmly
Asro
Attachments
ernest_hemingway.png
ernest_hemingway.png (298.49 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Ken_Kesey_AA.png
Ken_Kesey_AA.png (304.84 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
truman_capote_B.png
truman_capote_B.png (300.49 KiB) Viewed 6776 times

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:57 am

RishiRahul wrote:

mysbcrs ji and others,

RishiRahul
Namasthe Rishi ji, Asro ji and others

Apologies. It was a data entry error on my part (not much just 90 years
:smt005 )

Yes, it now makes sense. I agree with you.
CRS

Return to “Vedic Astrology”