Exploratory...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Exploratory...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:00 am

Just trying to gauge the level of interest and participation in this forum section devoted to Jyotish (although that has gotten sold over the past 100+ years under trade names such as hindu astrology, Vedic astrology, Indian/Indian sidereal astrology, and a few neo-flavours over the past 50-70 years.

Typically, a few folks in different mixes and matches have participated here, most seem to have gone elsewhere or have gotten busy with life's other attractions and so on, or perhaps given up astrology, or simply overcome by travails and trysts of their destiny have fallen prey to silence! I hope they continue to meditate, contemplate, and not give up on their journeys inwards...!

Jyotish has this interesting term called Lagna or Lagnam depending to a certain extent where one is on the latitudinal ordinate in India.

What is it and what does it REALLY represent?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Re: Exploratory...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:23 am

Simply a CROSSing, where TIME meets SPACE?

Isn't THAT the basic requisite that TRUE astrology always focused on...?

Until modern times when to the chagrin of all serious astrologers, northern-eastern-western-southern (N-E-W-S) the doyens and peddlers and keepers of astrology became THE NEWS-PAPERS? And, to our greater chagrin, also the so called Eastern Astrological Magazines who got forced to publish the monthly "Your horoscope this month?" columns and while POP-CORNy (as it might have been or become?) -- not just astrology but entire BOWL of Divination has become and worse might follow, I am sure...?

Quite frankly, the WORST players have been those eastern...??

One can understand the EASTern hunger in modern times. Plundered and pillaged for centuries, from those outer and those inner ones who allowed the outers to enter...?

BUT, we are in a NEW Century NOW??

Still the SWAN SONGs continue???

Same OLD tricks...

While SCIENCE progressed? Just compare the Science that prevails in 2017 compared to Science back in 1900 when astrology was claimed in an esteemed Indian journal as SCIENCE??

Look WHAT happened to that EMPIRE now reduced into rubbles due to a family-feud or perhaps many...?

As long as I recall, as a young lad, I was told that only Sri Rama had long arms and when Ashoka formulated his pillar (now in India's capital) which has still remained UNRUSTED and of such width that no man who stood with his back against it could reach back and clasp his hands together, other than Ancient Sri Rama ;-) -- in modern times only Sri Amitabh Bachhan managed to...?

Maybe Amitabh dada (like Chopra da?) should now take over the stewardship of Jyotish...?

GOD -- I hope Respected K.N. Rao ji is not reading this message...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”