Vimshottari Dasha

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Spirit Seeker

Vimshottari Dasha

Post by Spirit Seeker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

नमः शिवाय,
What's the logic behind unequal distribution of ruling period of a particular Graha (commonly Vimshottari dasha)
I saw some of the websites mentioning something but i couldn't understand what they mean. So, I would like to listen from the people who knows it.
Thanks

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Vimshottari Dasha

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm
नमः शिवाय,
What's the logic behind unequal distribution of ruling period of a particular Graha (commonly Vimshottari dasha)
I saw some of the websites mentioning something but i couldn't understand what they mean. So, I would like to listen from the people who knows it.
Thanks
Very interesting question again!

Vimshottari dasa is a nakshatra based dasa. It marks the movement of transiting moon over the nakshatras in different unequal periods.

I used to scratch my head over the logic behind the 'unequalness' for quite some time.
But while applying it to known people I realised its efficacy and sharpness.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 pm

नमः शिवाय,
Rishi Raahul ji, The below explanation was given by an Astrologer from other forum, i understood it vaguely, can you please make me understand.
Thanks
Spirit Seeker

Modern scientists proved that human body parts can work up to 120 years only.so based on it,a healthy humans life span decided as 120 years.The inner meaning of vimsottari lies in 120 earth rotations around the sun.Each sign contain 9 padas of 2.5 stars.There are 12 signs.so 12 x 9 =108 padas ,plus 12 signs= 108 +12=120.Each pada contributes 1 year in vimsottari dasa. These 120 years distributed to planets in a very methodical way by parashar ji.
These 120 years distributed to 9 planets based on the distance from sun.It means,the planets sun-mercury-venus-ketu-Moon are closer or inner grahas[all are friends] and the rest of those planets comes under outer grahas.[all are friends except Mars].The inner graha shares 60 years and outer ones are the rest of 60 years,which in total-120 years.

How Each planet got its dasa years is-The allocation of dasa years based on 1-Friendship 2-exaltation sign 3-Debilitation sign 4-constellations pada number.Let we go a bit deep on these things now.Take aswini star.Its 4 padas represents 1-2-3-4 signs from Aries.Padas of next constellation,i.e Bharani follows the same.After 3 constellations count[completion of 12 pads]same method repeats From Rohini.Like this after the 9 cycles completion all 27 stars covers the 12 signs.

.Each planet gets a year adding as per his exaltation sign,own sign,relation to the sign lord.Now see how sun allotted 6 years as his maha dasa years.sun gets his 1st year in Ashwini's[exalted sign] 1st pada,2nd in Punarvasu[friend] 1st ,3rd in Magha[friend] 1st ,4th in Moola[friend] 1st ,5th one in his own sign Leo ,and the last 6th year in uttara bhadrapada star.Now add these years and you will get sun mahadasha years as 6.

Dont be in confusion.If you are not catching the point in my explanation,don't leave it and read as many times as you can till you got the point in it.

Repeat and find the dasa periods of other planets by using this scientific method.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:00 am

Namaste Spirit Seeker
I must admit that I did not understand :smt018
Spirit Seeker wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 pm
sun-mercury-venus-ketu-Moon are closer or inner grahas[all are friends]
Is this friendship perspective different from the normal Graha Maitri where Sun and Venus are enemies and Rahu and Ketu are omitted?
Spirit Seeker wrote:
2nd in Punarvasu[friend] 1st
Friend because Punarvasu is in Rasi lorded by Mercury, an inner planet? I assume it is also because the first pada is in Aries Navamsa which is exaltation sign of Sun.
Spirit Seeker wrote:
last 6th year in uttara bhadrapada star
This is the most confusing. UBha is in Pisces lorded by Ju who is not a friend (outer planet). Is it because the first pada of UBha falls in Leo own sign of Sun? If so why not first Anu, Push, Bha, PPha,PSha, Mrig, Chit and Dhan since the fist pada of all these are in Leo?

I also did not see usage of debilitation sign anywhere.

Kindly elaborate.
CRS
CRS

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:30 am

नमः शिवाय,
CRS, i got the same doubts & asked, but i got a reply like I've to understand it clearly, I've read it like lot of times & finally for me it's like :smt021

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
नमः शिवाय,
Rishi Raahul ji, The below explanation was given by an Astrologer from other forum, i understood it vaguely, can you please make me understand.
Thanks
Spirit Seeker

Modern scientists proved that human body parts can work up to 120 years only.so based on it,a healthy humans life span decided as 120 years.The inner meaning of vimsottari lies in 120 earth rotations around the sun.Each sign contain 9 padas of 2.5 stars.There are 12 signs.so 12 x 9 =108 padas ,plus 12 signs= 108 +12=120.Each pada contributes 1 year in vimsottari dasa. These 120 years distributed to planets in a very methodical way by parashar ji.
These 120 years distributed to 9 planets based on the distance from sun.It means,the planets sun-mercury-venus-ketu-Moon are closer or inner grahas[all are friends] and the rest of those planets comes under outer grahas.[all are friends except Mars].The inner graha shares 60 years and outer ones are the rest of 60 years,which in total-120 years.

How Each planet got its dasa years is-The allocation of dasa years based on 1-Friendship 2-exaltation sign 3-Debilitation sign 4-constellations pada number.Let we go a bit deep on these things now.Take aswini star.Its 4 padas represents 1-2-3-4 signs from Aries.Padas of next constellation,i.e Bharani follows the same.After 3 constellations count[completion of 12 pads]same method repeats From Rohini.Like this after the 9 cycles completion all 27 stars covers the 12 signs.

.Each planet gets a year adding as per his exaltation sign,own sign,relation to the sign lord.Now see how sun allotted 6 years as his maha dasa years.sun gets his 1st year in Ashwini's[exalted sign] 1st pada,2nd in Punarvasu[friend] 1st ,3rd in Magha[friend] 1st ,4th in Moola[friend] 1st ,5th one in his own sign Leo ,and the last 6th year in uttara bhadrapada star.Now add these years and you will get sun mahadasha years as 6.

Dont be in confusion.If you are not catching the point in my explanation,don't leave it and read as many times as you can till you got the point in it.

Repeat and find the dasa periods of other planets by using this scientific method.
Hello spirit seeker,

mysbcrs has mentioned many doubts on the given logic very well.

Know that there are many writers giving their version of "why's & 'how's" for something.
One slowly learns to 'sift the chaff' and subsequently get on with experimenting the methods in reality......

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:15 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am

Know that there are many writers giving their version of "why's & 'how's" for something.
One slowly learns to 'sift the chaff' and subsequently get on with experimenting the methods in reality......

RishiRahul
Did you mean, Rishirahul ji, that Airaawat can only be digested morsel by morsel, and ONLY if Siddhidata Ganesh_ji helps...? ;-)

In Sedona, Arizona, behind one of the energy spots Mother Nature carved a rather UNIQUE sculpture in red sand-stone!

The clearly discernible effigy of Ganesh ji, right next to a more standard Animal Elephant form...?

I almost missed it, at first, but an American mother noticed and pointed it out to her baby: Look, the Elephant God!

Thanks MA...!!

I did take many pictures but posting images on Mystic Board has always been a problem! I wonder where is our WILD Biltu...? He seemed to have mastered the craft of posting images on your forum.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
नमः शिवाय,
Thanks
Spirit Seeker

Modern scientists proved that human body parts can work up to 120 years only.so based on it,a healthy humans life span decided as 120 years.The inner meaning of vimsottari lies in 120 earth rotations around the sun.Each sign contain 9 padas of 2.5 stars.There are 12 signs.so 12 x 9 =108 padas ,plus 12 signs= 108 +12=120.Each pada contributes 1 year in vimsottari dasa. These 120 years distributed to planets in a very methodical way by parashar ji."

It is true that in a few communities, a fair number of folks have been reported to have lived beyond 100 or 110 and fewer beyond 120 -- many in China and some in Japan. In fact there seems to be a regional concentration making certain villages or locales (and food habits etc) more conducive to extreme longevities, unlike most other places in our huge 7+ Billion global population, but MOST clocking at much lesser than even 80 yrs or thereabouts? The MODE, we were talking about ;-)

Europeans latched on to an interesting concept of "a degree a year" timing method. They progressed the natal sun through one degree and read from that a chart for each year of life. Since Indians had always (?) been more attuned to the moon, they followed a similar 120 degrees in 120 year 'projection'? So, since birth (natal lunar degree), Jyotish utilized the more complicated 120 year in 120 degree progression of the natal moon!

Euro-centric astrologers had for some time been implying that Indians followed the European Masters of Knowledge and now we even see folks insisting that ancient Indians used the tropical zodiac but somewhere along the lines of pillage and confounded messages, what with the plunders and so on, this meaningless sidereal zodiac got born?

WELL -- last time I looked up at the skies, when such was visible (luxury?), regardless of what Raman or Lahiri or Krishnamurthy or any of such Ayanamsha doyens published in their ephemerides, when they said that Mars was in Scorpio (Vrishchic), IT WAS...?

Light is what makes vision come alive and Jyotish is about visible light? Sidereal zodiac is what I have always called, "What you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) and whether you are watching the skies from Iceland or New Zealand or Sri Lanka, Mars at that moment shall be seen streaming against the starry background that all astronomers, worldwide shall recognize as SCORPIO...?

East blames the west as managing through intuition, West blames back in a language that it has managed to make supreme and commonplace and blames back in the same way?

Why fight, why try to justify through ancient flecks of *evidence* at hand, etc., but rather follow the likes of Alexander Fleming and other biologists or scientists? Sense of SMELL which evolution (Mother Nature?) has always endowed its children as they evolved and figured out?

Or trying to figure out something way bigger than any or all of us...?

May Hawking's departed Soul rest in peace! He may not believe in all that, but tell me folks, HOW MANY HUMANS WITH ALS, HAVE MANAGED TO PULL SO LONG AS HE DID?

EVIDENCE-BASED??
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”