युगादि! (Starting of Yuga)

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Spirit Seeker

युगादि! (Starting of Yuga)

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:10 pm

नमः शिवाय,
सर्वेभ्यः श्रीमत् विलम्ब नाम संवत्सर युगादीशुभाशयाः!
Translation: Yugaadi Wishes to everyone. This Year name is Vilamba.
सर्वेभ्यः = To everyone
विलम्बनम् = hanging down or from (Name of this Year) one of 60 Years. Half of विम्शत्युत्तरशत or Vimshottari.
नाम = Name. (Yes, the English word NAME is taken from the beautiful language संस्कृतम्)
संवत्सर = Year.
युगादि = युग + आदि = Starting of Yuga (Here it refers to Kali Yuga)
शुभाशयाः = Wishes.
Let's all try to be in right path! (Dhaarmic!).

So, interested people could share transit (संक्रमणम्) effects??
Thanks
Regards
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Seeker

Re: युगादि!

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm

नमः शिवाय,
Why transit effects are suppose to be read from natal Moon? Why not from Ascendant?
Moon represents our thoughts, but Ascendant represents self.
Next doubt: How does transit effects us? Like Graha aspects or conjunction, how does it works?
Since Natal becomes Virtual after the time of birth. Graha forces acts on us every time, that's different but every time it acts differently, Natal is fatal :) So, some Graha conjunct or aspects natal Moon or Ascendant or anything, how will effect happen? (Reason for effecting precisely!)
Thanks for your patience! :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Spirit Seeker,

Thanking you sincerely for your translation but since you are clearly able to express your ideas in English, could you please from now on use that language exclusively (see below for exceptions to this global rule), not only in the main body of your postings, but in particular with your topic headings?

Not doing so effectively eliminates all English only speaking persons from being able to search either Google or the site itself for topics of interest, or from participating in these discussions.

Interest in Vedic Astrology (plus most of the other subjects discussed on our forums) now extends well beyond India, and accordingly with some rare exceptions mainly on the poetry forum or where someone is specifically requesting a translation of another language into English in order to better understand the subject, it is the default language to be used on MB.

Thank you for contributing to our community.

Kindest regards,

Brian :smt024

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 am

नमः शिवाय,
Sure Brian Ji, I shall implement it!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: युगादि! (Starting of Yuga)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:19 pm

SS,

Thank you for being so understanding of my situation.

Because I do not know what the characters in your forum signature mean in English, and as a result cannot determine whether or not this obeys the rules about what is allowed to be included and what is not, then I have no other option at this stage than to remove it.

It would probably be better in the long run to only use English in your signature as well.

External links or self advertising are prohibited.

Regards,

Brian :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:59 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm
नमः शिवाय,
Why transit effects are suppose to be read from natal Moon? Why not from Ascendant?
Next doubt: How does transit effects us? Like Graha aspects or conjunction, how does it works?
Since Natal becomes Virtual after the time of birth. Graha forces acts on us every time, that's different but every time it acts differently, Natal is fatal :) So, some Graha conjunct or aspects natal Moon or Ascendant or anything, how will effect happen? (Reason for effecting precisely!)
Try focusing on AK and transits therefrom?

If you are serious and not just one of the many that the eye of Tiger catches and pretty accurately, most of the times ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:32 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 pm
Spirit Seeker,

Thanking you sincerely for your translation but since you are clearly able to express your ideas in English, could you please from now on use that language exclusively (see below for exceptions to this global rule), not only in the main body of your postings, but in particular with your topic headings?

Not doing so effectively eliminates all English only speaking persons from being able to search either Google or the site itself for topics of interest, or from participating in these discussions.

Interest in Vedic Astrology (plus most of the other subjects discussed on our forums) now extends well beyond India, and accordingly with some rare exceptions mainly on the poetry forum or where someone is specifically requesting a translation of another language into English in order to better understand the subject, it is the default language to be used on MB.

Thank you for contributing to our community.

Kindest regards,

Brian :smt024

I have always mono-a-mono thought of you as Brian, down south somewhere in Australia that I shall visit or be born next time (since I am not done)

Good of you to catch the butterfly in our forum?

I almost missed and so did your appointee?

Actually Brian -- I had thought that you had given up and so I got lax and even on Rishirahul?

Thanks BRO for raising your DANDER and just watch the rest do the REST...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:03 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:19 pm
SS,

Thank you for being so understanding of my situation.

Because I do not know what the characters in your forum signature mean in English, and as a result cannot determine whether or not this obeys the rules about what is allowed to be included and what is not, then I have no other option at this stage than to remove it.

It would probably be better in the long run to only use English in your signature as well.

External links or self advertising are prohibited.

Regards,

Brian :)

NOT JUST YOU, BUT THE REST OF US TOO, BROTHER? EVEN OUR SISTER TALIYA SEEMS TO HAVE FLED IN A HURRY?

RISHIRAHUL COMES BY FROM TIME TO TIME BUT... SO ANYWAYS?

BRIAN what you have accomplished for MysticBoard in my recollection shall always remain phenomenal and makes you more than worthy of calling you as my brother of sword?

Of course you were just born a week or so later and THAT brings us even closer?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
नमः शिवाय,
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:59 am
Spirit Seeker wrote:
नमः शिवाय,
Try focusing on AK and transits therefrom?

If you are serious and not just one of the many that the eye of Tiger catches and pretty accurately, most of the times ;-)

Interesting, regarding the Atmakark! and very rightly true too.

Also somewhere I read that 'Gochara' meaning transits around moon relates to movement around moon, affecting the 'senses'; while I also believe that the transits from Lagna relate to the areas in life being affected during the good or bad Gochar.

While the transit from Atmakarak, further go to reveal how the inner him/her is influenced by the transit.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 29, 2018 4:16 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Also somewhere I read that 'Gochara' meaning transits around moon relates to movement around moon, affecting the 'senses'; while I also believe that the transits from Lagna relate to the areas in life being affected during the good or bad Gochar.

While the transit from Atmakarak, further go to reveal how the inner him/her is influenced by the transit.

RishiRahul
SO, please share Rishi with us folks, why you think that being advanced in degrees makes a planet so important and closer to SOUL?

When often, a little twitch of personal preference (ayanamsha? Zodiac??) turns Atmakaraka into Dara/Kalatrakaraka? :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:16 am
RishiRahul wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

RishiRahul
SO, please share Rishi with us folks, why you think that being advanced in degrees makes a planet so important and closer to SOUL?

When often, a little twitch of personal preference (ayanamsha? Zodiac??) turns Atmakaraka into Dara/Kalatrakaraka? :smt004
Dada,

Just that the Vimshottari Mahadasa of the Atmakaraka gives different experiences for the Self & affecting the inner self.
The more I see and observe charts, it only confirms my belief.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 30, 2018 2:13 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm
Dada,

Just that the Vimshottari Mahadasa of the Atmakaraka gives different experiences for the Self & affecting the inner self.

Rishi
So self as in EGO or immediate identity? In the sense that psychology used the term as? Not the corrupted sense (Hitler-esque) that the term implies on the 'street level"

In the sense of what many comprehend Self-identity, but not the SOUL (ATM but not Atmaa)?

Ego (Psy type) develops, they say, as we grow-up in life and mature.

Until, over lifetimes, it arrives at the soul, in the glory of full self-awareness...?

But, why only vimshottari? Weren't charakarakas (like atma-karak) more attuned to (as in gnati-clan) Chara Dashas? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:13 am
RishiRahul wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm
Dada,

Rishi
So self as in EGO or immediate identity? In the sense that psychology used the term as? Not the corrupted sense (Hitler-esque) that the term implies on the 'street level"

In the sense of what many comprehend Self-identity, but not the SOUL (ATM but not Atmaa)?

Ego (Psy type) develops, they say, as we grow-up in life and mature.

Until, over lifetimes, it arrives at the soul, in the glory of full self-awareness...?

But, why only vimshottari? Weren't charakarakas (like atma-karak) more attuned to (as in gnati-clan) Chara Dashas? ;-)
Dada,

Illuminating questions from your side! This makes me think deeper...

I have seen the Vimshottari Mahadasa of the Atmakaraka planet to affect the affect the natives core being, and it is quite shattering or difficult to experience personally. Thus it has to affect the personal ego, thus humbling it. Isnt it like a person falling from a tower head downwards with the crown intact?

Again it depends if you are calling the soul to be of 1 lifetime or continous in lifetimes.

If one considers the Soul as what the person is to finally become in the present lifetime.....the finally matured person, the dasa of the Ak affects it.

Dada, I havent even experienced 1 lifetime as per my present memory.
Therefore I am not qualified to theorise to my othertimes; though it very much may exist.

Just my observations through charts of known people/clients.
Dada, any other view of the Atmakarak will be knowledge for me.

Of course, I havent experienced the influence of the Atmakarak on dasas other than Vimshottari.
I havent gotten to find any predictive truth in any known variation of chara dasa while doing future definite future prediction.

Do share...

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Rishi,

There are two types of approaches in crafts like astrology (any kind or school), one is the evidence-based approach used in standard scientific disciplines which involve repetitions, to test reproducibility of results, testing again and again by different practitioners to eliminate statistical and other biases. Naturally, the time, resource, dedication, abilities to perform such tests etc are time and resource intensive and seen much less frequently.

The other approach which is very frequent is the experience-based, generally personal experience/perception based and also known as anecdotal. In such instances, sharing does not help much. :smt010
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:27 am

Rishi,

Since a few decades predictive prowess has become the ideal and sole purpose for astrology, and claims and counter-claims and much of the rife and rattle seen globally on the stage of divination? I shall not name any names, but you know who they have been...?

For predictions to come true, flawlessly, one has to view the experiential reality as driven solely by karma (past lifetimes) which creates destiny? Incontrovertible perhaps??

Yet, while the rare few who had been or claimed to be so perfect predictors had been emphasising on their yogic and spiritual practices? These latter associations naturally bring in the confounding factor of intuition, greater and Quantal-KNOWING, which can be almost medium-istical...?

We, who had been here, since the past incarnations of Mystic-Board, going back more than a decade have seen all that and some of THOSE? Have we not??

Like me, you have seen more than one lifetime of this board? Each lifetime of a board on internet or services prior to Internet, represent lifetimes - in experiential sense! Of course, one has to come to terms with the biological definition of a LIFE-TIME? Is it simply the span between a biological birth, maturation, ceremonial death? Or simply experiential births and deaths that happen many times, in each/some/many/most/ALL life-forms -- certainly true for many human beings?

Experiential, of course, for I never had the time, nor resources to turn the quest into that OTHER channel, in so far as astrology (Indian) was concerned...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”