Dignities in divisional charts!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Spirit Seeker

Dignities in divisional charts!

Post by Spirit Seeker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:21 pm

नमः शिवाय!
As we all know that the divisional charts are merely theoretical charts which are Astronomically invalid. But they really mean something profoundly! :smt003
what I understood by Varga charts is, it's the microscopic view of some particular house or its "harmonics"
So, as we perceived varga charts as microscopic view of some particular house, the aspects in the varga charts could also be microscopic, although it's Astronomically impossible, isn't it?! So, the same way dignities like exaltation & debilitation are also valid! Neecha bhanga principles are also be taken into account! (Microscopic view over here doesn't mean that it can be perceived through some device, instead I could've used it as inner view)

As I'm a Physics student, I'm comfortable in making an analogy from it, there's something called Spin which is an elementary property of a particle, which cannot be perceived Classically (classically means our perseverance through senses) since the whole Classical Physics deals with our mere sensory perceptions. But this Phenomenon is explained Quantum mechanically!
Just because we couldn't perceive through our senses, the concept of Spin isn't wrong! :smt018

Comments are highly welcome!?

Rohiniranjan

Re: Dignities in divisional charts!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:21 pm
नमः शिवाय!
As we all know that the divisional charts are merely theoretical charts which are Astronomically invalid. But they really mean something profoundly! :smt003
what I understood by Varga charts is, it's the microscopic view of some particular house or its "harmonics"
So, as we perceived varga charts as microscopic view of some particular house, the aspects in the varga charts could also be microscopic, although it's Astronomically impossible, isn't it?! So, the same way dignities like exaltation & debilitation are also valid! Neecha bhanga principles are also be taken into account! (Microscopic view over here doesn't mean that it can be perceived through some device, instead I could've used it as inner view)

As I'm a Physics student, I'm comfortable in making an analogy from it, there's something called Spin which is an elementary property of a particle, which cannot be perceived Classically (classically means our perseverance through senses) since the whole Classical Physics deals with our mere sensory perceptions. But this Phenomenon is explained Quantum mechanically!
Just because we couldn't perceive through our senses, the concept of Spin isn't wrong! :smt018

Comments are highly welcome!?
I am so happy to learn that you are a physicist! Particularly, since I am not! And even more so, because we both seem to find much joy in astrology! I have always been fascinated by Classical Physics and the less fathomable Quantum Physics and enjoy discourses by the string theorists (like Kaku etc) because even through the meagre understanding of me a student of biology (which encompasses and draws to itself pure disciplines such as chemistry and the even purer discipline of physics (all kinds), the applied science of life invites all brethren and sisterns of Science and often even with the selfish and generally successful motivation of utilizing Physicists, Engineers, Chemists (all kinds) to help improve the status (including health) of creatures and life-forms under the care and watch of life-sciences. Astrology, while not quite science is fully focused on the care and study of life-forms? Even political astrologers (astrologers who use astrology for political subjects and not necessarily the astrologers who practice politics (!).

There is a brilliant and clear-minded gentleman on a lovely astrology forum who vehemently believes that ancient writers never meant vargas to be utilized as a chart, with houses etc, but only to serve as indicators of strength/power etc. You must have noticed how classical texts either by choice of their scribes or transcribers (from oral traditional beginnings) dealt with the finer vargas etc in a somewhat unusual manner? Almost cursorily, many might opine? This could be due the temporal fog that has prevailed over centuries between the original writings and current times with many invasions and so on and unheavel that plagued Sanatan Bhumi over such a long stretch?

My personal approach has been to not put the cart before the horse, particularly when I am riding in the cart and respect and remain grateful for the cart as well as horse, since without both, I would find it difficult to move ahead in a rather difficult terrain which Heisenberg kind of described in his brilliant exposition of Uncertainty?

I am sure you get my point which I am trying to make? Happy Budhha Poornima and other coexisting appropriate festivals.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Spirit Seeker

Re: Dignities in divisional charts!

Post by Spirit Seeker » Fri May 04, 2018 10:08 am

नमः शिवाय!
Sorry Rohiniranjan Ji, I've seen your reply yesterday at late night & today we had a last exam!
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 pm
I am so happy to learn that you are a physicist!
Spirit Seeker wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:21 pm
As I'm a Physics student
The above statement is a big word! & I'd like to remain like a student forever! :smt003
Rohiniranjan wrote:
There is a brilliant and clear-minded gentleman on a lovely astrology forum who vehemently believes that ancient writers never meant vargas to be utilized as a chart, with houses etc, but only to serve as indicators of strength/power etc.
Oh! Is it Rishi Rahul Ji?
Rohiniranjan wrote:
You must have noticed how classical texts either by choice of their scribes or transcribers (from oral traditional beginnings) dealt with the finer vargas etc in a somewhat unusual manner?
I didn't know, 1st of all I din't even search. I've gone through BPHS but even that not solely & completely. So, cant say!
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Happy Budhha Poornima and other coexisting appropriate festivals.
Belated wishes to you & other forum members as well!

I should rethink on it!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”