An Astronomical announcement!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Spirit Seeker

An Astronomical announcement!

Post by Spirit Seeker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 pm

नमश्शिवाय|/Namaśśivāya|🙏🏻 dear all!
We all know that 0° degree Dhanu (Sagittarius) is the place where there are several Black holes. Black hole is a region of space-time possess high gravity from which Light also cannot even escape! 0° degree Sagittarius is galactic center, we know Mūla is over there. Own speculation: As it (black holes) possess high gravity, may be that could be the reason why people say Mūla the root which is ruled by Nirriti is considered inauspicious. High gravity imagine even the light also cannot escape from it. May be that might be the reason why people say that Root is always bad.

Interestingly, as we know Guru (Jupiter) just got transit to his Mūlatrikoṇa Sagittarius into Mūla constellation, It's in Devalokam (7 out of 10 Varga).

Now the Astronomical observation:
(On April 10th the world will be able to see the supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy being "photographed" directly.)
https://www-newsnation-in.cdn.ampprojec ... 19055.html

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... 3c4d34c873

"Copy pasted as forwarded by my Quantum Mechanics Professor"
2nd article has 4 minutes of explanation!!!
Don't miss
Regards🤗

Dear admins
PS: The above articles are just for detailed explanation for study purpose therefore I hope It's allowed

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: An Astronomical announcement!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:38 am

FYIO
The above articles are just for detailed explanation for study purpose therefore I hope It's allowed
Both of the articles have been approved. :smt023 :smt023

Does this mean that I have a giant black hole in my (Western Astrology) sun sign (Sagittarius)? :smt009 :smt009

Is this necessarily a bad omen for my future? :smt022

Brian :smt044

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 pm
We all know that 0° degree Dhanu (Sagittarius) is the place where there are several Black holes. Black hole is a region of space-time possess high gravity from which Light also cannot even escape! 0° degree Sagittarius is galactic center, we know Mūla is over there. Own speculation: As it (black holes) possess high gravity, may be that could be the reason why people say Mūla the root which is ruled by Nirriti is considered inauspicious. High gravity imagine even the light also cannot escape from it. May be that might be the reason why people say that Root is always bad.

Interestingly, as we know Guru (Jupiter) just got transit to his Mūlatrikoṇa Sagittarius into Mūla constellation, It's in Devalokam (7 out of 10 Varga).

(On April 10th the world will be able to see the supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy being "photographed" directly.)

Don't miss
Regards🤗

Dear admins
PS: The above articles are just for detailed explanation for study purpose therefore I hope It's allowed
Just a thought. 8th house (Randhra Bhava seems to fit in better with black holes. Are there more black holes (may be not yet known) in Capricorn?
Or is this a pointer to what the ayanamsha should be? i.e., was Mula in the eighth of natural Zodiac back in those days?
CRS

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:52 am

नमश्शिवाय|/Namaśśivāya|🙏🏻 dear mysbcrs & dear Brian!
mysbcrs wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 pm
Are there more black holes (may be not yet known) in Capricorn?
mysbcrs wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 pm
Does this mean that I have a giant black hole in my (Western Astrology) sun sign (Sagittarius)? :smt009 :smt009
I should've been more careful while writing the above post. Let me be very clear. 1st of all, when I meant to say there are many black holes near 0° degree Dhanu (Sagittarius), That's the place where Galactic center is & from there Black holes could be there. If let's assume there's black hole near Sagittarius, it means it contains so many constellations. Let's consider for Mūla, as every star has got It's own energy thus light when black hole is over there we cannot even observe that light & the constellation itself will be unavailable for us to perceive. Because the definition of Black hole itself such that It's a region of space-time from even electromagnetic particles (here its light, I'm interested in) also cannot even escape. So if Mūla is over there we can't perceive Mūla star at all. So it's somewhere very far from there but not in either Sagittarius or in Capricorn
Black holes absorb everything, including electromagnetic radiation, That includes light, radio, X-ray and gamma rays. So we’ll never be actually able to ‘see’ one.
But please don't ask me then how did one perceive Black hole without seeing it. Perception here is only via Mathematical equations understood from Einstein's General relativity. Now when my Professor has told that the world will be able to see the super massive Black hole in the center of Galaxy being "Photographed" I was little skeptic on how is that even possible! Now what all they are going to do is that there is Event horizon telescope which is designed to capture Black holes image, in doing so it tests Einstein's theory of Gravity at one of the most extreme places in this universe.

I need to understand this phenomenon clearly... Anyway let's wait till April 10th & see the news then we can know exactly how they've even taken Photographs & also what exactly Its properties & so on, once data is collected we can make things.
  • I hope I'm clear now & sorry for the confusion
The website is saying "At its heart is Sagittarius A* — a supermassive black hole." this is what I'm not understanding. Anyway, I'll discuss with my Professor later.
But I hope at least you've understood what I meant!
eye_of_tiger wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:38 am
Is this necessarily a bad omen for my future? :smt022

Brian :smt044
Of course I know you are kidding.
Dear Brian, Mūla star will come under Dhanu (Sagittarius) in Vedic perspective. So, your Sun is still in Scorpio but at a few distance from the starting of Mūla star. Because your Sun is in Jyesṭha star.

Dear mysbcrs, I born when Jupiter is in Mūlatrikoṇa in Mūla constellation. Since Guru is my Lagna lord in Lagna in Mūla, I've deep rooted issues with me. They are very strong, I need to transcend from this issue. One form of Grace is that my Guru (the 9th lord & also BK in my case) Sūrya is also in Sagittarius with Lagna Lord Jupiter in Lagnam. Interestingly Ketu is in Vargottama when i born. Ketu is also in other Jupiter's house Pisces & that is in Revati Gandānta... Interesting thing is that I'm more interested in Astro stuffs which includes both Astrophysics & Astrology! :smt007 :smt003

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Of course I know you are kidding.
Dear Brian, Mūla star will come under Dhanu (Sagittarius) in Vedic perspective. So, your Sun is still in Scorpio but at a few distance from the starting of Mūla star. Because your Sun is in Jyesṭha star.
I was only partially kidding, when I made the above comments.

I was also simultaneously trying to make the important point that it can often be dangerous to take things out of context, and to make predictions which do not take all the other many potential influences in a person's astrology chart fully into account.

Whether one's Sun is in the Mūla or Jyesṭha star, is only a relatively small part of the complete picture or story.

It is therefore probably a good idea to leave interpreting the information in your chart to your astrologer, as he or she will hopefully have many more pieces of the bigger picture to work with, than you by yourself may have.

Just as using Dr Google and the internet to self diagnose your own medical condition can be risky, equally jumping to premature conclusions or making negative predictions based exclusively on one or at the most two pieces of the picture, can lead to a person doing something which they could quickly come to regret having done, but not be easily (if at all) able to reverse.

Cheers,

Brian :smt045

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:39 am

नमश्शिवाय|/Namaśśivāya|🙏🏻 dear Brian!
eye_of_tiger wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:34 pm
Whether one's Sun is in the Mūla or Jyesṭha star, is only a relatively small part of the complete picture or story.
Yes definitely, but I didn't even conclude any statement from this, right? I've just told your Sun's placement & that's it.
eye_of_tiger wrote:
It is therefore probably a good idea to leave interpreting the information in your chart to your astrologer, as he or she will hopefully have many more pieces of the bigger picture to work with, than you by yourself may have.
I was just trying to interpret what does it mean to have the placement of Jupiter being in Mūla.
eye_of_tiger wrote:
Just as using Dr Google and the internet to self diagnose your own medical condition can be risky, equally jumping to premature conclusions or making negative predictions based exclusively on one or at the most two pieces of the picture, can lead to a person doing something which they could quickly come to regret having done, but not be easily (if at all) able to reverse.
There you are, I didn't even diagnose, I've just identified a placement & that's it... The above placement plays a major role than anything (even in a bigger picture) I must say because, Ascendant Lord's placement star plays a major role since it maps to all the divisional charts & so on & the star tells the inherent quality of Ascendant lord's effect on the native... Anyway I'm still at a learning stage, I'm going to approach my Jyotiṣa Guru Sanjay Rath this July. So, will be taking his guidance & then eventually start learning, It take more than 10 years to complete Jaimini & Parāśari Jyotiṣam under him.
So the above statement which I've made in my horoscope is just a speculation & not a conclusion. If let's say some other's chart I'm looking through, I don't even say anything because I myself not aware fully on that particular issue.
Cheers,
Vivek (A Spirit Seeker) :smt045

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Don't miss
Regards🤗

Dear admins
Hello again,

Sagittarius A* is the name given to the Black Hole discovered.
Where is it mentioned that it is equivalent to the zodiac sign Sagittarius......??

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... s+sun+sign
The google search above states that Sagittarius A* (pronounced "Sagittarius A-star", standard abbreviation Sgr A*) is a bright and very compact astronomical radio source at the center of the Milky Way, near the border of the constellations Sagittarius and Scorpius.

Another look at google for Sagittarius A* constellation calls it as 1 out of 48 constellations, which lie between Scorpius and Ophiuchus to the west and Capricornus and Microscopium to the east.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittari ... tellation)

A look at Sagittarius sign says not to be confused with Sagittarius constellation; and also that it is one of the 12signs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_(astrology)

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:40 pm

नमश्शिवाय|🙏🏻 Rishi Ji
RishiRahul wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am
Where is it mentioned that it is equivalent to the zodiac sign Sagittarius......??
I thought both are the same since Sagittarius Rāśi lies near the center of our Galaxy.
RishiRahul wrote:
A look at Sagittarius sign says not to be confused with Sagittarius constellation; and also that it is one of the 12signs.
In this page itself it's again said that Sagittarius ( ♐ ) (Greek: Τοξότης Toxotes, Latin: Sagittarius) is the ninth astrological sign, which is associated with the constellation Sagittarius and spans 240–270th degrees of the zodiac.

However I didn't conclude anything astrologically, above are just my thoughts as I was sure that Sagittarius Rāśi lies near the center of our Galaxy.
The reason why I thought both are same because the astronomical name given to Pūrvāśāḍha constellation is delta Sagittarii, Which is in the southern zodiac constellation of Sagittarius. Of course Mūla is just behind it. Thus I think both are same.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Incidentally, is there any mention on how OLD are these NEW photographs?
What I mean is since the pictures are based on waves that have travelled millions of years, they must be millions of years old.

CRS
CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:40 pm
नमश्शिवाय|🙏🏻 Rishi Ji
RishiRahul wrote:
I thought both are the same since Sagittarius Rāśi lies near the center of our Galaxy.
RishiRahul wrote:
In this page itself it's again said that Sagittarius ( ♐ ) (Greek: Τοξότης Toxotes, Latin: Sagittarius) is the ninth astrological sign, which is associated with the constellation Sagittarius and spans 240–270th degrees of the zodiac.

However I didn't conclude anything astrologically, above are just my thoughts as I was sure that Sagittarius Rāśi lies near the center of our Galaxy.
The reason why I thought both are same because the astronomical name given to Pūrvāśāḍha constellation is delta Sagittarii, Which is in the southern zodiac constellation of Sagittarius. Of course Mūla is just behind it. Thus I think both are same.

Spirit Seeker,

in my studies with divinatory crafts, I have learnt to not jump to conclusions; not to follow any theory or even a Guru blindly; Learn only by repeated applications...!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:13 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:59 pm
What I mean is since the pictures are based on waves that have travelled millions of years, they must be millions of years old.

CRS
Dear CRS,

So right you are.
But even if there was a black hole in some constellation, I wonder how it would change our understanding of Jyotish; specially without any Literature on it?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:39 pm

नमश्शिवाय|🙏🏻 Rishi Ji! & CRS Ji!
RishiRahul wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:13 pm
But even if there was a black hole in some constellation, I wonder how it would change our understanding of Jyotish; specially without any Literature on it?
As for as limited knowledge that I've, there can be nothing near Black hole RishiRahul Ji, if there is, black hole would immediately sucks because of its high gravitation, that's how they've defined the black hole. So a constellation can't be there. Since a constellation is nothing but energy in the form of light. When I meant there's a black hole found, I meant that it is comparatively near to that constellation, like millions & millions of Km.
mysbcrs wrote:
Yes indeed!
mysbcrs wrote:
Simple CRS Ji, as light particles cannot accelerates, it follows r=ct. Where r is the distance between that black hole to a fixed point on earth (say). C is the velocity of light in vacuum which is 3 * 10 ^8 meters/second. Distance we already know since they've said how much far is that Black hole. So, r is known, C is the above. time (t) can be calculated easily. But the distance & all the above calculations they've done based on Einstein's general relativity theory (extended form of Newton's gravitation). I hope you're clear on how to find "How old is that New Photograph"
RishiRahul wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Spirit Seeker,

in my studies with divinatory crafts, I have learnt to not jump to conclusions; not to follow any theory or even a Guru blindly; Learn only by repeated applications...!
I respect your opinion & I agree Rishi Ji. But blindly following a Guru (Say people like Śankara) is an indeed great great great blessing Rishi Ji, if that comes to me I don't need anything! But I'm still relying on logics! (Which is a kind of pleasure known as intellectual satisfaction)... Sad. Hope I'd transcend from this disease one day. 💪🏼 :)

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:40 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Simple CRS Ji, as light particles cannot accelerates, it follows r=ct. Where r is the distance between that black hole to a fixed point on earth (say). C is the velocity of light in vacuum which is 3 * 10 ^8 meters/second. Distance we already know since they've said how much far is that Black hole. So, r is known, C is the above. time (t) can be calculated easily. But the distance & all the above calculations they've done based on Einstein's general relativity theory (extended form of Newton's gravitation). I hope you're clear on how to find "How old is that New Photograph"
Thanks. Yes, I understand (at least I believe I do :smt003 ). I was just curious to find out whether the scientists have put any specific number to that. I could make out that these images were constructed from an array of radio telescopes and probably over a period of time. Hence most likely it is a freeze of time elapse (may be "space elapse" since the telescopes were placed at different locations. Even a very small angular distance can translate to a large number. In other words while one telescope may receive waves from the periphery the other may be receiving from core etc. :smt003 ). Of-course I do understand couple of years (may be centuries :) ) here and there may not really matter given the expected age of the picture.
More important is how do we evaluate the "integrity" of the picture. As an example if I were to take my pictures at ages 1,5,10,20,30,40,50,60... and morph it into one and produce this as my picture at 90, does it really make any sense?
CRS
CRS

Return to “Vedic Astrology”