Returning member with a request for vedic astrology remedy

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Jayashree Ravi

Returning member with a request for vedic astrology remedy

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi all,

How are Sh. Rohini Ranjan, EoT and others in this great forum?

I want to return to this forum and see it is very quiet. May be we can all chat now and then...

I have a request.... it turns out I have neecha Sun in 9th house (placed in Swathi, a Rahu nakshatra) in my natal chart. As such, this combo seems to point to 'pitru dosh'.

What could be the best remedies for the said affliction?

Would also upavas help?

Thanks and regards,

Jayashree
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

samsoul7

Re: Returning member with a request for vedic astrology remedy

Post by samsoul7 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:55 am

Hi.

What are the remedies for overcoming Pitra Dosh?

There are some simple remedies for pitra dosha that one can follow to reduce the above-mentioned malefic effects of it in the horoscope.

Plant a banyan tree and offer water it regularly.

Offer food to birds and animals such as crow, cows and street dogs.

Keep fast and perform Shiv Puja on all Mondays during Shravan.

Offer food to Brahmins or the needy people on every Amavasya.

Perform Pitra Dosha Nivaran Puja in accordance with the planetary position of the malefic planets.

Complete Trapandi Shraad.

Worship Lord Vishnu.

Ruby gemstone is also recommended to wear if pitra dosha is present in the birth chart.
This gemstone can strengthen the Sun and eliminate the ill effects of the malefic planets during the Pitra Dosha phase. Wear it embossed in gold or copper ring on Sunday in the ring finger.

Methods of wearing a Ruby gemstone
Wash the ruby gemstone with Ganga Jal and recite the below written Surya mantra 108 times. After wearing it, donate red lentils to the needy and offer water to the Sun to get the maximum benefit. Pour the leftover Ganga Jal in plants or in a running stream.

Finger - Ring
Mantra - “Om Hraam Hreem Hroum Saha Suryaya Namaha”
I hope this helps.
The Widow's Son

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Jayashree,

You know (perhaps forgotten over time) how this crusty old sceptic curmudgeonish uncle feels about Doshas in general!

We should focus more on *DOSAs* or *Thosai* as some friends pronounce those delectable dishes!

Seriously, though, my sincere belief is that rather than fasting on Sundays or other days, anyone who feels he or she suffers from Pitri Doshas should serve hot, delicious dosas on sundays (or any other day, or days per week) to residences and groups homes where so called "Old Folks" spend their last third of life or even closer to the natural epoch of *passing* from this world.

(CAVEAT: Make sure those poor dears are allowed such delicacies depending on their medical advice and condition, etc!)

During this Rahu-driven pandemic most societies and even developed nations have come to the shameful realization how these Parent-tulya human beings were cared for in long term care homes and dare I say even mis-treated!

Your dosas or just sitting down with these old folks and talking to them and listening to them will absolve you of any pitri dosha and also absolve all in human society from the neglectful pitri dosha that all accumulated by neglecting the poor souls who created the way modern developed countries got formed and flourished!

Warmest regards,

Rohiniranjan :smt031

Jayashree Ravi wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 pm
Hi all,

How are Sh. Rohini Ranjan, EoT and others in this great forum?

I want to return to this forum and see it is very quiet. May be we can all chat now and then...

I have a request.... it turns out I have neecha Sun in 9th house (placed in Swathi, a Rahu nakshatra) in my natal chart. As such, this combo seems to point to 'pitru dosh'.

What could be the best remedies for the said affliction?

Would also upavas help?

Thanks and regards,

Jayashree
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:19 pm

I sincerely thank samsoul7 and RR for taking your time in replying to my query on Pitr Dosh.

It is a well-thought-out message you bring forth, RR, yes, helping people in old age homes would certainly help with this dosha.

But living 30000 miles away from my homeland, where, the elderly take to assisted living that has hours for visitors, and not knowing anyone close who might need my help, I am not sure where to turn in to render such help. (It is also a bit scary for me to venture to assist, for some unknown reasons).

Kanchi Paramacharya, btw, did have suggestions for another woman to get rid of this dosha/'dosa'. i) To observe Ekadashi fast ii) to do ritualistic puja of Shaligrama.

I did observe Ekadashi fast religiously for an year. Just gave up as it was a bit too hard (40 hrs each time).

Thanks and regards.
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Return to “Vedic Astrology”