Mercury Retrograde?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Evie

Mercury Retrograde?

Post by Evie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:44 pm

I feel particularily affected during this time.... It is hard to remain
positive...   :smt013   I dread when mecury goes retrograde....

I am normally calm and peaceful with my thinking...  :smt003

What's up?   :smt102  

P E A C E
Evie    :smt109

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:11 pm

You are right with your feelings. Use this retrograde mercury situation to use it to your advantage.
When it goes retrograde your feelings go for a rethink, it being a time for thinking and not a time for action, but to take advantage for progressing by rearranging your plans.

If you do so, then you will not have not difficult feelings.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Mercury Retrograde?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:13 am

The retrograde mercury and all havoc this tiny planet creates for HUmankind is one big myth propagated in the last few decades!

In older times, retrograde benefics and mercury were categorized so unless severely afflicted -- were taken to represent as being fortified by retrogression!

You decide whether this thing about retrograde mercury is a myth or an excuse!

Same deal with the other prime benefic -- jupiter!

A retrograde benefic heightens the influence of the house it is placed in (its highest reflection/expression unless eclipsed otherwise!) but in a non-destructive manner!

Try it out in horoscopes as opposed to imagining creatively or otherwise!!

<is reassuring to know that retrogression is not overshadowed or modified by the ayanamsha/precession that divides western from eastern astrology!>

What makes me wonder is the fact that Western astrology is called TROPICAL! And yet the EASTERN astrology has always been practiced in the TROPICS!!

Go Figure!

RR
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[quote="Evie"][color=red]   I feel particularily affected during this time.... It is hard to remain

P E A C E
Evie    :smt109[/color][/quote]

Botyfltiger

Post by Botyfltiger » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:51 pm

I seem to be very effected during this one and it wasn't untill I read that Mercury was in cancer that I connected with the reason of me being UNABLE to speak. I haven't been at all clear with what i wish to say. I am not or should say haven't made ONE GOOD DECISION since early June. I am a bit more depressed then usual, but am also running on a high like I can't stop for a second to think about my next move. :smt013
And I have been a major &nbsp;:smt074 and wish to only :smt021 &nbsp;everyone/thing around me &nbsp;:smt064

Peace, Botyfltiger

Dolfke

Post by Dolfke » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:57 pm

Botyfltiger wrote:I seem to be very effected during this one and it wasn't untill I read that Mercury was in cancer that I connected with the reason of me being UNABLE to speak. I haven't been at all clear with what i wish to say. I am not or should say haven't made ONE GOOD DECISION since early June. I am a bit more depressed then usual, but am also running on a high like I can't stop for a second to think about my next move. :smt013
And I have been a major &nbsp;:smt074 and wish to only :smt021 &nbsp;everyone/thing around me &nbsp;:smt064

Peace, Botyfltiger
Hey Tiger,

don't be so &nbsp;... well .... &nbsp;HARD for yourself; can't find another word, just wanna say : at least you gave ME some good info on tarot; does that help YOUR STATE OF MIND ?
Mercury in Cancer is already diffcult to bear, because Cancer communicates with "feeling", it is like air in water, bubbling, maybe cooking, Cancer isn't much of a talkative sign, I once married a Cancer woman, not easy to understand what she was really saying.
Now when Mercury goes retrograde, I think it is inviting to analyse oneself, intimate, to make us think about what moves us internally. &nbsp;I should have a look at your chart to see what House your Cancer is in.
Next week, it will be ok again, Mercury goes direct, and you can talk over everything again, perhaps someone will offer excuses to you, for feeling sorry.
Greets, from Belgium

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:46 pm

I have loads of trouble, misunderstandings, arguments, emotional outbursts, pain, & lots of headache during Mercury Retrograde, but the past 2 times have made me to think in different ways & understand better.

Mercury Retrograde is neither fully good nor bad, it is a bit of both, mainly depending on the circumstances, reactions, feelings, outcomes & consequences. We can't change anything except out reactions, which has the power to change the outcome. & always try to keep a positive outlook.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 pm

Do you have mercury retrograde in your natal chart?

An answer could aid research whic I will share in thread.

Thank you,

RishiRahul

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:01 pm

No Mercury is straight in my chart, only Rahu & Ketu are Retro in my chart, rest all are straight.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Mercury Retrograde?

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:10 pm

Evie wrote:   I feel particularily affected during this time.... It is hard to remain

P E A C E
Evie    :smt109
Hi Evie,

Can you tell me if mercury is retrograde or direct in your natal chart.

This could aid my research which I will share in this thread?

Thank you,

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Whoever has mentioned that when mercury turns retrograde it affects them in dfferent ways could inform me if the mercury is retrograde or direct in their charts would aid in my research, which I intend to share in this thread in due course.

If they could post their birth times with their place of birth it wuld be perfect.

Thank you,
RishiRahul

Evie

Post by Evie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:12 pm

I do not know for sure the time of my birth... Edmonton Alberta, Canada > between 6 and 7:30 a.m.
AUG 2 1954

Evie

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:32 am

Evie wrote:I do not know for sure the time of my birth... Edmonton Alberta, Canada > between 6 and 7:30 a.m.
AUG 2 1954

Evie
Hi Evie,

No you do not have mercury retrograde in your birth chart; nor do you have progessed mercury retrogessing at this age. But you could be having mercury ascendant.

Thanks,,
RishiRahul

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:31 am

RishiRahul, what do u mean by progressed mercury retrogressing??

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:34 am

Vishwas wrote:RishiRahul, what do u mean by progressed mercury retrogressing??

In your natal chart mercury was not rerrograde. I tried too see if the progressed mercury was retrogressing in your later life till now.

I found that it was not so.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:09 am

[quote="Evie"]I do not know for sure the time of my birth... Edmonton Alberta, Canada > between 6 and 7:30 a.m.
AUG 2 1954

Evie[/quote]

Dear Evie,

Mercury retrograde is to western astrology what mangal dosh (martian blemish) and even more appropriately sade sathi (the seven year itch of saturn that goes on for six months longer according to mainstream but six months less according to some heretics!) and that kala sarpa yoga (all planets on one side of the lunar nodal axis, is to jyotish, its eastern sibling!

And as superficially considered and feared by the devotees!

There has got to be OTHER factors and these earlier stated factors just unlock the door and make it easier for bad things to come inside (BOO!).

THERE is NO single FACTOR in ANY astrology that alone will create disasters or plenty! I beg for someone to show me and have begged for decades. All I got in return was more empty logic and anecdotal outpourings!

Oh and did I tell you about my similar requests about combust planets?

I still maintain:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The retrograde mercury and all havoc this tiny planet creates for HUmankind is one big myth propagated in the last few decades!

In older times, retrograde benefics and mercury were categorized so unless severely afflicted -- were taken to represent as being fortified by retrogression!

You decide whether this thing about retrograde mercury is a myth or an excuse!

Same deal with the other prime benefic -- jupiter!

A retrograde benefic heightens the influence of the house it is placed in (its highest reflection/expression unless eclipsed otherwise!) but in a non-destructive manner!

Try it out in horoscopes as opposed to imagining creatively or otherwise!!

<is reassuring to know that retrogression is not overshadowed or modified by the ayanamsha/precession that divides western from eastern astrology!>

What makes me wonder is the fact that Western astrology is called TROPICAL! And yet the EASTERN astrology has always been practiced in the TROPICS!!

Go Figure! IN PEACEFUL CONTEMPLATION!!

RR
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Western Astrology”