Understanding the signs themselves

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

SilvaWitch

Understanding the signs themselves

Post by SilvaWitch » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:09 am

Hi,

I have been doing some reading and I am trying to get a better understanding of the signs themselves, with out them being automatically interpreted with the sun, and I am having trouble finding a decent body of information.

The reason why I am looking for this is because I figure that to get a better understanding of the basics, it would be important to understand the individual components for what they are.

For example, I have been looking into the meaning and representation of each house, and planet to gain insight into what effect they have individually, so that I can then piece together what energies/properties they contribute.

Finding information on those has been rather straight forward, however when I try to find the characteristics of each sign, I keep coming up with information about the signs, but in relation to characteristics as Sun Signs..

Can any one shed some light on this for me please?

Many thanks :)

jeska

Post by jeska » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Well, let's say you are looking at Aries.  You are also interpreting what sort of energies it's ruling planet, Mars has impressed upon it.  Mars, Aries rules house 1.  I know this sounds extremely circular but we know Aries rules house one because of the kind of direct, outward and firey energy that exemplifies your very moment of birth.  So, your ascendant (which is the cusp of house 1) and it's aspects basically defines your birth, your environments response to your birth and has a strong effect on your physical appearance, as well.

So let's say you want to look at your house 5 ruled by Aries.  Your Venus is in this house, modified by Mars because it is in the house of Aries.  Here it would help you to research about how we identify Mars in relation to the rest of the planets in the zodiac.

I look at the planets like a palette of paint.  Each blotch or reservoir represents one planet of the solar system.  : )

SilvaWitch

Post by SilvaWitch » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:21 am

Hi Jeska,

Thanks, I do see where you are coming from, and will definitely do some more research into this, including your suggestion.

Thanks again :)

thunderponi

Eclipse

Post by thunderponi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Does anyone know if the recent eclipse can affect ones moods? I had a powerful sense of dread all that day that had no obvious source.

SilvaWitch

Eclipse

Post by SilvaWitch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:34 am

Hi Thunderponi,

I don't know for sure if it Can, but i do think it does, and has from what i have noticed.
I think is would be logical to think that it has an effect, given that other lunar events (full moon etc) do.

I had a bit of a look around and found some sites that talk about it (i've put some links below incase they help)
http://gryphonastrology.wordpress.com/t ... r-eclipse/
http://jeffreykishner.com/lunartunes/20 ... ugust.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/eclipse.html

Hope that helps a bit :)

Return to “Western Astrology”