Capricorn and leo - is it possible?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mushin

Capricorn and leo - is it possible?

Post by Mushin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:00 am

I am a capricorn, born late december. My girlfriend is a leo, born late july. I have read in many places that this makes us one of the most incompatible matches, being earth and fire signs.

However, I did read in once place that if we are able to compromise and respect each other's ideas, and not just try to take control of each other, then it is possible for a relationship to blossom.

Now I'm sure that anything is possible really, but it worries me how similar we are to the stereotypical sun signs: where she is outgoing, loud and full of energy,  I am often more introverted and prefer to act cool. Sometimes I do feel squashed by her enthusiasm, but at the same time I'm more confident because of her, and her lust for life rubs off on me.

Anyway, we both love each other very much and hope this can work! Due to the nature of our work at the moment (we are on student placements in america from the UK), we have seen each other every day for 6 months, although we don't live together. I think the fact that we are still getting on great after that length of time always seeing each other must be a good thing? So is it possible to go against the stars in this relationship? Thanks!

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:36 am

Dear Mushin,
Marriages are made in heaven. Don't worry about the sunsigns.
It hardly matters?

The root point is that to make a relation works both of you have to work very hard. Both have to amke compromises at one time or the other. Be flexible and be original  and then just see the wonders.

Regards...................
Omjit

*Star*

Post by *Star* » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Mushin,

sunsign compatabilities, and sunsign horoscopes are not really accurate.

there is more to a relationship than just sunsign(astrologically)

If you want an astrological compatability report,  you can ask for a synastry and/or composite compatability report, these reports are personalized and more accurate.

post your date of birth and time of birth here...if any experience astrologer happens to see this, he may give you a report.

if not, you can get a free short compatability report on any astrology site.

*Star*

Post by *Star* » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:22 pm

i forgot to add..

you also need to give the dob of your girlfriend

*Star*

Post by *Star* » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:24 pm

OR

you could try the vedic compatability report.

have you posted in teh vedic forum?

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Well said omjit & star. Mushin, if u both love each other & work it out together u will never need to worry about this compatability issues.

mythseeker

Cappy & Leo Is it Possible.. Read on

Post by mythseeker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:10 am

A Capricornus male and a female Leo.. let me guess your relationship feels fated and magical right? That is because it is a quincunx relationship. I have seen many Cappy and Leo work wonderfully together in a business relationship. However in a personal relationships this often does not work. Why? Both people forget to allow the other to express themselves in their own way. Cappy males like to control and in the extreme in prison their partners.. not that this is their intent but to contantly put a damper on the gregariousness of Leo is to kill the Leo. If the Leo puts too much sunshine on the Saturn ruled Cappy, he overheats and will shrink in hidden disgust for such showy displays. It can work ... IF and only IF both realize that neither are in charge and if both don't work for domination. The Leo wants to build something together. The Cappy wants to do it all himself believing that only he can do it the best. Temper that thought to "Only We can do it best" and you have the key. However few people ever have that kind of focus and determination to make a relationship work. I have seen many Leo women get hit, abused or beaten by Cappy men who could not compete with the sunshine and feel inadequate for it and in frustration strike out in violence...even though they were not violent people. Take care... if you have mutual respect and realize that they are many ways to get to the same destination and continually respect that then it can work.. Usually only older Cappys and older Leos make this work as this type of recognition is usually only found in more mature and less control/domination seeking people. I hope this helps.. I was married to a Cappy and it did not work. But now, we are great friends and work well together but not in the home front.

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:51 am

aww mythseeker! You make Capricornus  men sound so horrible!

Capricorn men are also known to be the most loyal; with a Leo who loves to be center of attention, a Capricorn man will let her be, while he plays the devoted sidekick. He is proud of her exciting ways, because he is usually more reserved and low key.

I don't usually get into these general stereotype discussions based on just sun-signs, but the violent abusive Capricorn man is not an easy thing for me to see said so matter of factly, because as a Cap, I am not in the least bit violent.

ANY combination of signs can work together with patience and effort.

netthef1

compatable report

Post by netthef1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:39 pm

you could also try wow for lovers which is a good accret report. you can inquire if someone may have the program to give you a report but like any report thay need date of birth for both where you were born and time of birth and it would take some time unless you were just looking for certen things good luck

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:54 am

Dear,
When mother is the first member of family,people is first in out side life,water related articals are must for the person,always love to fat life mate,only thinking to people,not for personal progress,it is the first nature of this type persons.
Ramendra
Jaipur

Happy_Cappy

Post by Happy_Cappy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:59 am

Amen, Brother-Minos!  

Where do these people get off saying that Caps are violent?  We are not violent people in the least.  We seek the summit, the mountain-top, the place of peace.  We are only looking for the path to the top.  

The gods blessed us with the vision to see the summit and the common sense to get there.   While others may misinterpret our good intentions as control, I can assure you that we Caps are only seeking the best for others.  We just do not want them to stray off course.  

With regard to Sun signs, any relationship can flourish if BOTH parties are willing to put in the work to make it happen.  My philosphy is, "I'll work, but meet me halfway."

L.A.Pauly

Post by L.A.Pauly » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:15 am

Think of it this way - Leo and Capricorn are only a portion of each of your charts. Unless both of you are PURE sign types which I doubt, pay attention to the other planets in your charts.

With a Leo sun, there may very well be a few Cancer planets nearby - Cancer is the opposite to Capricorn which in most cases regarding the opposite sex will attract quite strongly. Or the Leo chart may have strong Virgo influences which of course is a trine to Capricorn and a very good fit.

You both may very well have many compatible attributes besides your basic sun sign!

underestimatedGEM

Post by underestimatedGEM » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:29 pm

it could very well be possible but it really depends on both of your birth charts but i guess you cant just randomly go up to her and ask for her D.O.B AND T.O.B but i can assure you one thing- if it doesn't work out then that is just destiny and if it does then it was also destiny's work :)   just go with the flow and don't freak out because your told earth and fire don't go!

xxxxgood luckxxxxx

tt

mb compatibilty

Post by tt » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:23 am

Why don't you just down load the compatibility program from this site?

mufid

Post by mufid » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm

it may work out...i m a sagittarian..a fire sign like urs...n my gf is capricornian..things r good between us....so hope urs shud b good 2..!!

Return to “Western Astrology”