Chinese VS. Western

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ian grace

Post by ian grace » Thu May 03, 2007 8:27 am

Sorry,  i  have  had  some  further insights  here on  an  intuitive  level,  stemming  from  personal  experience.  I  would  go  with  your  heart. Follow  your  dreams.  Go  for  it.  One  other  thing  about  your  chart.  You  are  currently  running  a  sade  sati.  This  will  explain  your  present  ungroundedness  considering  that  you  are  not  in  a  ketu  period.  anymore.  THat's  why  i  said  about  fasting  on  saturday.  'THe  miracle  of  fasting'  book (P.Bragg)  i  would  read  before  really.  Sade  sati  is  a  time  of  electtrical  storms  and  hurricanes,  so  take  shelter,  it  will  pass,  instead  learn  and  take  the  opportunity  to  develop  the  inner  life  more  and  more.  Enjoy  family  and try   and  do  some  volunteering  work  with  a  charitable/  religious  organisation  of  your  choice.  for  a  few  hours  or  more  every  week.  Warm  unrefined  sesame  oil  on  the  feet  can  be  good  too.  Wear  socks  after.  Enjoy  nature  and  take  good  rest.  You'll  be  allright,  you'll  come  out  a  whole  lot  stronger.  Saturn  or  the  Grandfather  spirit  is  trying  to  make  you  wise These  are  blessings  in  disguise.  
Hari  om  tat  sat
Ian

mandygirlster

Post by mandygirlster » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:08 am

Hey,

Personally, i think that sometimes a merge of both could more accurately tell you your personality. It may or may not clash with each other. So why do we have to choose? Get the best of both worlds!!  :smt003

A very good example is me.... I am a Virgo and in the Chinese Zodiac, i am the Ox and both complements each other pretty well....

Hope this helps
:smt005

Cheers
Mandy
MandyGirlster

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Ya those 2 do compliment each other.

Why i wanted to choose was because mine are opposties.

Western: Taurus
Chinese: Horse

As you can tell..   not quiet best of friends.

SilvaWitch

Chinese VS. Western

Post by SilvaWitch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 am

Hi,

I have a beginner's level of knowledge regarding western astrology, and very little knowledge about Chinese and Vedic astrology.

My thoughts are that it isnt necessarily a case of each being "true" or "false".

I think that each have different aspects that they contribute, and may be best applied in different scenarios, depending on what it is that you are trying to learn, or take from it. I prefer to use multiple avenues rather than just one, as surely this would allow a better understanding?

I also think that the degree of accuracy also relates to level to which you learn and understand the craft. For example, if someone only know about "sun signs" in western astrology, it would appear that it has limited accuracy. However that (in my view) is because they only have a fragment of the whole picture, and as more is learnt, the bigger and clearer the picture gets.

Is it the same for Vedic and Chinese astrology?
BB
:) SilvaWitch :)

moon shadow

Post by moon shadow » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:21 pm

Well i studied western, vedic and chinese astrology...all are good in their own ways but i was really impressed when i read somewhere that ancient emperors of China were using western or arabic astrology for their prophecies...Anyway in vedic astrology there are castes and other stuffs not specific for western people...but vedic astrology is for sure very accurate...Just try !

Hi,
Castes are used in Vedic astrology to denote the 'nature and professions of persons'. There are 4 natures and professions like the 4 castes.

RishiRahul

Monkey999

Eastern vs. Western

Post by Monkey999 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:20 pm

I find that I often get the same answers using both Eastern & Western astrologies.  I think they must both be correct, just a different way to get to the same answer.

fierce_dakini

Western vs Chinese

Post by fierce_dakini » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:55 am

My partner is a professional astrologer who does readings in both systems.  However, in order to truly understand Chinese astrology, you have to look much deeper than they year of birth, or even the hour. In fact many true Chinese practitioners actually doubt whether or not western minds are capable of grasping the intricacies of their system...it is a shame when people make assumptions about the chinese system when they are not very educated in it.  It is very profound system.

Lycona

Post by Lycona » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:15 pm

For me:

Western: Virgo
Chinese: Fire Dragon

I'm Virgo rising and Capricorn moon.  I have 4 planets in Libra, one of which is Mars (I can't remember the other three).

Am I not supposed to even exist?  How does a triple earth sign Virgo also end up being a Fire Dragon?

Like matter and anti-matter, am I supposed to just cancel myself out?

:smt017
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste great with ketchup.

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:15 am

There is more to Chinese astrology then year sign. Year sign is very general basicly like your sun sign. As you know, there is moon sign and rising signs and all other planet signs that need to be taken into account. This is for Chinese astrology as well  because you have  a sign for your year, your month, your day, and also your hour of birth. Chinese actually goes deeper and i personally have not ventured that far in.  My western sign is Taurus and Chinese Metal Horse... contradictory. But there are other similarities such as my moon sign Leo and my day sign in Chinese is Fire Rabbit and hour sign is Fire Goat. So somewhere along the way things do add up. O ya and you have to take into account the elements. Alot to look at!! :smt005

tinmean

Post by tinmean » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 am

The Chinese astrology discussed here is as a single system.
In fact, the prediction of destiny based on one's birth time incorporates many kinds of Chinese prediction style.

The most famous one is "Ba-zi", which transforms your birth time to eight Chinese single words to predict your destiny.
The second one is "Zi-Wei-Do-Shu", which is like Western astrology but use different set of stars.
The next one is "Chi-Zhen-Si-Yu" that is from Western Classical astrology but combined the Chinese concepts of elements, such as fire, water...

Some systems are used by minor people but worth mentioning.
"I-Ching Ba-Zi" is like its name, tranformming your Ba-zi symbols to I-Ching symbols.
"Sing-Pan" is like astrology but not uses real stars.

But if you ask me what to learn, I advise you to learn Western astrology.
There are two primary reasons: 1. Most classical writings are not translated. 2. There are too many diffient opinions that confuse biginners.

Sorry for my poor English and I am from Taiwan.
Hope the brief introduction can make you know Chinese astrology more.

Return to “Western Astrology”