Earth needs more "Divine Astrologers"

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:36 pm

Thank you side_walk, oh, sorry you said it's not you.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:37 pm

I could have structured arguements as coherently as you do, at your age Sei no Seichi (I hope that's not ageist), and I think that might be at the root of the problem.
Well, I never would have thought that structured arguments could be considered a problem, you know?  It just sounds completely foreign to me.  @.@  Hehehe.
People are not used to the way quotes are refuted and find this difficult to counter.
^.^  Your guess on that is as good as mine, so I'm just going to go with that.  To me it makes it easier to read, readers KNOW what I'm talking about instead of having to assume.  It makes it much easier for me to write as I'd probably bird-walk everywhere if I didn't have the quotes keep me in line.  Now, there are sometimes I forego them when I'm in a rush or something, but those situations are rare.
deal gently with them, more gifts - more responsibility!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess so.  *sigh*  There goes my fun.  ^.^

Kidding...kidding.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:48 pm

No it's not just about being gifted, I spend a large part of my life working with young people who are far more intelligent and far more gifted than me, I suppose I'm used to it others aren't.
An example I've been trying to play the guitar since I was 16, I took the guitar and amp to the dojo to mess about, one of the kids walked in, picked it up played some seriously good riffs and walked off to the shop saying, "keep going, you'll get there one day."
Got go.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:57 pm

I was talking more about the 'deal gently with them' part of that.  I don't think I'm any more gifted than anyone else. I've worked too hard to be considered "gifted".  I guess anyway.  Hm, oh well.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:29 pm

When you write a statement...then you think on it as a whole thing...seen together.
If you start to pick those sentences you will comment on...then you do it easy for yourself...and hard for those who shall respond.

Let me take some and show...(since you thought I was immature I read your post :))

Sei no Senshi wrote: If you have a good enough argument that I can't find logical error in, then you're good.  
Okay...this show that you have put yourself over the opponent...you show your superior.....and if I shall meet yours...I better be good.
Sei no Senshi wrote: I'm not saying I know it all, but I'm quite sure astrology is not a science.  
Well as far as I know...we all have pointed this out....we are saying that all goes on opinion....and since we can't prove our opinion we need to show respect to others.
Sei no Senshi wrote: It fails scientific methods because the same thing in astrology can mean about a billion different things.
Just my point....and even if you are smart...you can't know them all...that is why we need to show respect to other who know those 520 things we didn't manage to get into our head..

Well I can go on and on....pick those thing I want to comment on....it's easy...and in a way cruel way to do it.
This is just done in order to show it....

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 pm

Okay...this show that you have put yourself over the opponent...you show your superior.....and if I shall meet yours...I better be good.
Well, that's how it is.  I'm not showing I'm superior or anything, but I'm not going to refute a statement or opinion I can't refute.  You know?  If your argument is sound then there's no problem, but if I disagree with it and can find logical errors in it...I don't see what the problem is in expressing those disagreements and faults.  In my doing so, the person who I'm debating against has a chance to refine their own understanding and I can learn something too, everybody wins.
Well as far as I know...we all have pointed this out....we are saying that all goes on opinion....and since we can't prove our opinion we need to show respect to others.
Can I prove my opinion?  Well, no.  Can you prove yours?  Well, no.  Can anyone prove theirs?  Well, no.  But what you can disprove or discredit is the logical thought process that led one to hold their opinion.  I don't see anything wrong in pointing this out, as it's when things come under scrutiny that the truth is revealed or at least the arguments for ones opinon become stronger.  And there's nothing wrong with either of those.
Just my point....and even if you are smart...you can't know them all...that is why we need to show respect to other who know those 520 things we didn't manage to get into our head..
I don't think you're understanding my point and you've taken it out of context.  It was supposed to go with the 2 analogy.  Wereas the number 2 is going to signify two items, all the time, everytime. Neptune however, signifies billions of items and concepts, so how do you figure out which one of the billions of items or concepts it is speaking of in a chart?  Interpretation based on symbolism, mythology, and religion, not science.
Well I can go on and on....pick those thing I want to comment on....it's easy...and in a way cruel way to do it.
This is just done in order to show it....
It's not 'cruel', it's analytical.  It's only cruel when you choose to pick and take things out of context which is just short of deception.  You know, honestly, I find this whole conversation about my posting style to be rather petty.  I mean, I get annoyed when people don't capitalize and puncuate properly (call it the English teacher in me), but I can ignore it and read the post and reply to it if I feel the want to...

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Sei no Senshi wrote: I mean, I get annoyed when people don't capitalize and puncuate properly (call it the English teacher in me), but I can ignore it and read the post and reply to it if I feel the want to...[/b]
Thank you :)

Maybe we shall start to write our own language....then all punctuation and other writing error will be in order......but we would maybe not understand so much from each others post.

But again...all goes on understanding and respect for the other part.....it might not give so much fame as an English Teacher or an Astrologer.....but it has its value :)

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:53 am

Goodness Rhutobello, you've definately just gone and thrown me for a loop... @.@

*sigh*  Okay...hm.  *shrug*

sravankv

Astrology is a science

Post by sravankv » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:02 am

Hey guys,

nice to debate like this. but see it not like a cock and bull fight.

but every science will first reason for a proof.

no one is bothered about proof of astrology, but surely interested in prediction.

but if a prediction is based on wrong calculation, will it be worthy.

even science has its own limitations this is a common saying.

but rather it is not science it is human who has limitations.

human knowledge is not enough atleast in this material world to debate this, because the first thing comes to the mind is doubt than reasoning.

i hope the picture is clear.

i have opened a thread to discuss on the base of calculation "Ayanamsa - a vexed question".

why dont we start reasoning, than debating the doubt.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:05 am

1) I have stated that I have no knowledge in Astrology.

2) All my post goes on showing respect on other peoples opinions as long as we don't own the truth ourself!

3) Since I NOT have discussed any other subject.....then all these pages must be an discussion about how to prevent to show respect for others opinion because the SoS opinion is superior to theirs.

4) I have asked not to clip others thread into pieces, because that in many cases lower the members post value. This view seems to have no value for my combatant.

5) When I try the same, then I am doing it wrong...I just pick those lines I want to comment on.....when Sei NO Sensi do the same, well then it is just to do a better evaluation.

My thought is...maybe you loose my message because you are to occupied to pick each small "fill" sentence and respond to that...and in doing this you loose the big picture. Which was simply put: show respect for others opinion.

6) I am NOT saying that "quote" is bad....only the way picking a post to pieces are.....mostly accepted when you have the truth and shall point out error for such...when you have opinions you don't own the truth and must show far more respect for the other part.

7) In order to picture my case I point to all major Religion. They all "own" the truth by their followers....but seen from outside none of them do...they more own a bit of the truth...each and one of them... true history we have seen many "strong Believers" for the owing of truth which has lead to big injustice to those people who came in their way.
Not a direct ref too SoS.....just the extremity of it.

8) Since there is no need to debate this thing further I close the thread.

Return to “Western Astrology”