Psychic ability

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

yo_pablo_gi

Psychic ability

Post by yo_pablo_gi » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:25 am

Hi!

Who knows what in horoscope indicates psychic abilities?
Could somebody share knowledge about what aspects and arrangement of planets in sign and hauses could point out this matter?

--------

WernerOne

Re: Psychic ability

Post by WernerOne » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:58 am

yo_pablo_gi wrote:Hi!

Could somebody share knowledge about what aspects and arrangement of planets in sign and hauses could point out this matter?

--------
from what ive read, pisces and scorpio.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:42 am

[quote="WernerOne"][quote="yo_pablo_gi"]Hi!

--------[/quote]from what ive read, pisces and scorpio.[/quote]

Being psychic, from what I understand, requires one to be able to loosen the mental grip on time-compartments which then allow one to be in tune with other times and spaces etc.

We already know that time is a relative concept and our awareness of time often varies. The same minute that is measured accurately by a clock (hence the term 'clockwork') can seem awfully long when waiting for a train but very short when we are having fun!

This ability to think variably about time is the very key essence to psychic perception. The faculty of mental awareness is attributed to the moon and so when moon is in its fluid environment, it is in its 'element'. Cancer, scorpio and pisces are the three signs (sidereal from my perspective) where moon is in its element. Hence these three have been conceptually associated with psychic perception.

However, I decided to look at some charts in the astrodatabase and see how these elements F, A, E and W actually shape up when the rubber hits the road, as they say :-)

I grouped based on categories charts of psychics and related from the higher quality data set in the database after filtering out non-human events and charts which the ADB also contains.

I ended up with 253 charts
The sidereal moon was distributed thus:
AIR (gemini, libra, aquarius) 79 charts
EARTH (2, 6, 10) 64 Charts
FIRE (1,5,9) 55 Charts
WATER (4,8,12) 55 Charts

Then I picked from the 253 charts through filtering charts which had moon in the 4th, 5th or 8th houses which are generally associated with mind and occult. The test bed was of 54 charts where moon was in 4,5 or 8th houses. The elemental distribution was:

AIR - 22 charts
EARTH - 15
WATER - 11 charts
FIRE - 6 charts

In all such investigations one must make sure that there is no database sampling bias involved. So in the database of 18568 charts the distribution of moon was
EARTH = 4753
WATER = 4620
AIR = 4612
FIRE = 4576

In other words, sampling bias would not explain the relative preponderance of moon in the AIR signs in the charts of psychic.

This small experiment would not blow the age old belief of psychic perception being related to watery signs but certainly makes one take air signs more seriously than were earlier considered.

Some would want to test out mercury instead of moon as well!

Enjoy

RR

Votive

Post by Votive » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
WernerOne wrote:
yo_pablo_gi wrote:Hi!

--------
from what ive read, pisces and scorpio.
Being psychic, from what I understand, requires one to be able to loosen the mental grip on time-compartments which then allow one to be in tune with other times and spaces etc.

We already know that time is a relative concept and our awareness of time often varies. The same minute that is measured accurately by a clock (hence the term 'clockwork') can seem awfully long when waiting for a train but very short when we are having fun!

This ability to think variably about time is the very key essence to psychic perception. The faculty of mental awareness is attributed to the moon and so when moon is in its fluid environment, it is in its 'element'. Cancer, scorpio and pisces are the three signs (sidereal from my perspective) where moon is in its element. Hence these three have been conceptually associated with psychic perception.

However, I decided to look at some charts in the astrodatabase and see how these elements F, A, E and W actually shape up when the rubber hits the road, as they say :-)

I grouped based on categories charts of psychics and related from the higher quality data set in the database after filtering out non-human events and charts which the ADB also contains.

FIRE (1,5,9) 55 Charts
WATER (4,8,12) 55 Charts

Then I picked from the 253 charts through filtering charts which had moon in the 4th, 5th or 8th houses which are generally associated with mind and occult. The test bed was of 54 charts where moon was in 4,5 or 8th houses. The elemental distribution was:

AIR - 22 charts
EARTH - 15
WATER - 11 charts
FIRE - 6 charts

In all such investigations one must make sure that there is no database sampling bias involved. So in the database of 18568 charts the distribution of moon was
EARTH = 4753
WATER = 4620
AIR = 4612
FIRE = 4576

In other words, sampling bias would not explain the relative preponderance of moon in the AIR signs in the charts of psychic.

This small experiment would not blow the age old belief of psychic perception being related to watery signs but certainly makes one take air signs more seriously than were earlier considered.

Enjoy

RR
Interesting, Sir.
Infact, there is a research article posted on the Astrodatabank site regarding an astrological signature of Psychic abilities which is worth a read.
I would like to know though ,if it is possible, in how many of these charts were the Nodes associated in way of conjunction, sidereal, with either the Moon or the Sun or with both.

regards,

Votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:06 am

[quote="Votive"][quote="rohiniranjan"][quote="WernerOne"][quote="yo_pablo_gi"]Hi!

--------[/quote]from what ive read, pisces and scorpio.[/quote]

FIRE (1,5,9) 55 Charts
WATER (4,8,12) 55 Charts

AIR - 22 charts
EARTH - 15
WATER - 11 charts
FIRE - 6 charts

EARTH = 4753
WATER = 4620
AIR = 4612
FIRE = 4576

Enjoy

RR[/quote]

Interesting, Sir.
Infact, there is a research article posted on the Astrodatabank site regarding an astrological signature of Psychic abilities which is worth a read.
I would like to know though ,if it is possible, in how many of these charts were the Nodes associated in way of conjunction, sidereal, with either the Moon or the Sun or with both.

regards,

Votive[/quote]

Hi <<V>>

I recall reading that article and also the one on jyotishis and astrologers by Terri several months ago.
Out of 18568 charts 6019 had either nodes conjunct the luminaries (32.4%)
Out of the 253 'psychics' 64 had the node conj luminaries signature (25.3%)

So in the 'psychic' sample the signature you proposed was either similar to that in general population or marginally lesser (not significant difference probably).

RR

cdo

Psychic Indicators in the astrology chart

Post by cdo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:31 am

Many astrologers believe that &nbsp;several planets in the water signs &nbsp;especially if on angles are a good indication . Also planets in 8th , 9th and 12th as well as the placement of the nodal axis and the vertex . Chiron by some is also thought to be an indicator . In reality i am not sure one can discern this ability any more than knowing how evolved one might be on a soul level . Just a thought .

Rohiniranjan

Re: Psychic Indicators in the astrology chart

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:36 am

[quote="cdo"]Many astrologers believe that  several planets in the water signs  especially if on angles are a good indication . Also planets in 8th , 9th and 12th as well as the placement of the nodal axis and the vertex . Chiron by some is also thought to be an indicator . In reality i am not sure one can discern this ability any more than knowing how evolved one might be on a soul level . Just a thought .[/quote]

Dear friend,

It is this "belief" thing which creates problems! I would dare say that MOST (and not just many!) astrologers go with this anecdotal belief/feeling ("Based on the hundreds or thousands of horoscopes I have examined I have come to this or that conclusion etc etc). Astrologers like these also tend to throw around percentages (Astrologers are 72% of times right, or 82% times or whatever) and a similar 'cohort' claim that this or that ayanamsha is the most commonly used! I call these "illusions" more than beliefs!

It is very critically important that all astrologers who are serious question these beliefs and through the use of utilities available and databases, question and test such claims and anecdotal impressions (these are impressions and not beliefs that they call thus!). And my western astrological brethren are more blessed than jyotishis because they have better tools! Astrodatabank is a powerful research tool for western astrologers than for us jyotishis, although in the past few years that I have used it seriously, it has a LOT to offer to the jyotishis too.

Astrology will be taken only as seriously by the world as we practitioners take it! So, instead of claiming it to be science and scientific we all should realize that it is not there yet.

Astrology (all cloths) is a treasure ship that we have discovered sunken in the ocean and some of it has eroded, corroded and even appears ugly. Our job and mission, if we are serious, is to work at it, clean and polish it and keep testing what parts work, and which treasures locked within its vaults are really worth keeping!

If we are diligent, perhaps our next generations would be able to enjoy it as a true treasure and perhaps even be able to know it as a science. We are like the alchemists of centuries ago who knew there was something good in what we are examining and exploring. The chemists of today know unambiguously that the sunken treasure ship that their ancestors were trying to hoist and clean up was really worth the effort!

The same will be the globally-recognized status of astrology and divinatory crafts if we do not give up and get lazy!

Rohiniranjan

Votive

Post by Votive » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 am

[/quote]

Hi <<V>>

I recall reading that article and also the one on jyotishis and astrologers by Terri several months ago.
Out of 18568 charts 6019 had either nodes conjunct the luminaries (32.4%)
Out of the 253 'psychics' 64 had the node conj luminaries signature (25.3%)

So in the 'psychic' sample the signature you proposed was either similar to that in general population or marginally lesser (not significant difference probably).

RR

Obviously, Sir, a single simple signature would never be able to be explain a complex "psychic" personality and the data is only to be expected.

When we speak of the 'ability' to cross time-compartments, to me somewhere the association of nodes emerges ,so the curious question had come!

Votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:22 am

[quote="Votive"]Obviously, Sir, a single simple signature would never be able to be explain a complex "psychic" personality and the data is only to be expected.

When we speak of the 'ability' to cross time-compartments, to me somewhere the association of nodes emerges ,so the curious question had come!

Votive[/quote]

Dear <<V>>,

It is not *obvious* to me, pardon my ignorance/naivity -- but I am not sure why you so fluidly correlate <lunar> nodes with the crossing of time-compartments?

Is TIME compartmented in reality, although most of us see it as PAST-present-FUTURE!

These 3 compartments are really three windows! Imagine you have a house with a long wall which has three windows side by side! As you move from one window to another you see slightly different views of your yard that lie outside these three windows. If you are less mobile and are actually three fixated individuals each of whom is sitting fixedly in front of each of these windows, their perceptions would be limited to THEIR windows and their Window-View!
With me still ...?
Now, paradigm shift!
What if you were an ant who does not have to live in this house with three windows? What if you are outside this house and viewing with your many eyes the same yard that the three fixated individuals inside the house, each cripple fixated on each of the three windows was visualizing and calling REALITY!

Who is really free and seeing more? The crippled human or the insect that you all make fun of?

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:28 am

All views are no doubt important.

The cripples are seeing different views from the window of past,present and future.

The one outside sees all the 3 with an unobjective view, which is to be acheived,which is to be achieved.

Why not we analyze a chart and have a critical postmortem of it?

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:09 am

[quote="RishiRahul"]All views are no doubt important.

The cripples are seeing different views from the window of past,present and future.

The one outside sees all the 3 with an unobjective view, which is to be acheived,which is to be achieved.

Why not we analyze a chart and have a critical postmortem of it?

RishiRahul[/quote]

Rishirahul,

The cripple is not dead yet! So how can we have a post-mortem ;-)

In the meantime if you have seen a few charts in the past few days that you may wish to share and teach us through, please let us not hold you back with our meaningless banter :-P

ROHINIRANJAN

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:13 pm

FIRE (1,5,9) 55 Charts
WATER (4,8,12) 55 Charts
An interesting thing to note would be that while these elemental set-ups may be this way when using the sidereal zodiac, most of them would change when using tropical, making Earth the probable majority concerning Luna's position.

Another way to do it could be to see if Luna or Mercury(? even though he generally doesn't agree with anything that isn't logical, and if we're going to do it that way, might as well take a gander at Pallas) aspect or receive Mars and/or Neptune.

I've always seen Mars and Neptune as the psychics of the cosmos.

Many astrologers believe that  several planets in the water signs  especially if on angles are a good indication . Also planets in 8th , 9th and 12th as well as the placement of the nodal axis and the vertex . Chiron by some is also thought to be an indicator . In reality i am not sure one can discern this ability any more than knowing how evolved one might be on a soul level . Just a thought.
Definitely.  Planets in in those 'spiritual' houses would indeed be a good indicator.  I'm not sure I agree with the Eighth house as being one of them, or even the Twelfth for that matter, but definitely the Ninth I could see.  I've often labled the Eighth, Twelfth, and Ninth as the unconscious, the subconscious, and the superconscious respectively.  Can't comment on the nodal axis, vertex placements or Chiron, as I don't agree with the latter two.

Also, the inability to discern this trait really stood out to me, and I'm wondering if it's at all possible as well.  I feel there are several things that are not shown by a nativity, the biggest thing being sexual orientation or such things similar, so the inability to see psychic ability in a nativity wouldn't at all be shocking to me.

It is this "belief" thing which creates problems! I would dare say that MOST (and not just many!) astrologers go with this anecdotal belief/feeling ("Based on the hundreds or thousands of horoscopes I have examined I have come to this or that conclusion etc etc). Astrologers like these also tend to throw around percentages (Astrologers are 72% of times right, or 82% times or whatever) and a similar 'cohort' claim that this or that ayanamsha is the most commonly used! I call these "illusions" more than beliefs!
I'd like to call this the pot calling the kettle black.
Last edited by Sei no Senshi on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:18 pm

The problem with the shot-gun approach (throw this in and that in and then that in and that...) is that the astro-signature loses its specificity and becomes worthless in a practical sense.

RR

[quote="Sei no Senshi"][quote]I ended up with 253 charts
FIRE (1,5,9) 55 Charts
WATER (4,8,12) 55 Charts[/quote]

[color=green][b]An interesting thing to note would be that while these elemental set-ups may be this way when using the sidereal zodiac, most of them would change when using tropical, making Earth the probable majority concerning Luna's position.

Another way to do it could be to see if Luna or Mercury(? even though he generally doesn't agree with anything that isn't logical, and if we're going to do it that way, might as well take a gander at Pallas) aspect or receive Mars and/or Neptune.

I've always seen Mars and Neptune as the psychics of the cosmos.[/color][/b][/quote]

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:33 pm

The problem with the shot-gun approach (throw this in and that in and then that in and that...) is that the astro-signature loses its specificity and becomes worthless in a practical sense.
I disagree. &nbsp;Are you saing you'd prefer a one to one method? "You have Luna in an Air Sign, therefore, you must be psychic."

I'm sorry, but that's like saing an Arian Luna will not be at all augmented by a Saturnine Square.

One placement does not a chart make.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:49 pm

[quote="Sei no Senshi"][quote]The problem with the shot-gun approach (throw this in and that in and then that in and that...) is that the astro-signature loses its specificity and becomes worthless in a practical sense.[/quote]

[color=green][b]I disagree.  Are you saing you'd prefer a one to one method? "You have Luna in an Air Sign, therefore, you must be psychic."

I'm sorry, but that's like saing an Arian Luna will not be at all augmented by a Saturnine Square.

One placement does not a chart make.[/color][/b][/quote]

I have always said that one placement would not represent a trait or ability. But the other extreme practice of throwing all kinds of space rock into the bag of tricks is not kosher either!

Listen, I am not trying to tell you how to do your research because that is something you have to figure out how much you want to water down the specificity of your astro-rule.

RR

Return to “Western Astrology”