Sun sign verses Rising

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

abvyette

Sun sign verses Rising

Post by abvyette » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:19 pm

I am wondering if an agressive fire sign rising would cause conflict with a passive water sun... As a Pisces with an Aries Rising, I wonder if these two seeming extreems tend to cancel one another out, leaving me without a strong definative personality either way.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Ah, I'm just about your opposite.  I have a Pisces Ascendant and a Leo Sol/Luna/Mercury/Mars.  @.@

The Ascendant has very little to do with your personality.  It dictates what you look like and your initial impressions on others, as well as  how you view, act, and react to environmental stimuli.  I'm much more Leonine (and Arian) than I am Piscean, however, I do have my Piscean tendancies thanks to the conditions of my Jupiter.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:08 am

Hi,

Since the question pertains to Western astrology, it is being moved to its forum for better insights,

RishiRahul

yerbatera

Re: Sun sign verses Rising

Post by yerbatera » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:01 am

abvyette wrote:I am wondering if an agressive fire sign rising would cause conflict with a passive water sun... As a Pisces with an Aries Rising, I wonder if these two seeming extreems tend to cancel one another out, leaving me without a strong definative personality either way.
I find that to be somewhat the case as I am a Sun in Sadge with a Capricorn Rising.  Very much a Sadge in a lot of ways, but generally more reserved and methodical than Centuars usually are.  I'm finding that honing the best of both signs tends to work well; gives a natal chart more depth rather than one 'canceling' another planetary influence out...

Return to “Western Astrology”