Ive always wondered - houses so similar

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

postalsusie

Ive always wondered - houses so similar

Post by postalsusie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi *s* I've asked people before but they have no idea.
If two people ( Him & I) have charts where they have many houses and planets the same. Would this be a GOOD thing as in soul mates or a BAD thing as in too much alike, AND is is that common because I was really surprised.

We both have (exactly)
*Moon in Gemini and 3rd
*Juno in Virgo and 7th
*Midheaven in Sagittarius and 10th
*Ascendant in Pisces and 1st
*Vertex in Virgo and 7th

HIS CHART
Sun in Scorpio and 7th
*Moon in Gemini and 3rd
Mercury in Scorpio and 8th
Venus in Sagittarius and 8th
Mars in Aquarius and 12th
Jupiter in Sagittarius and 8th
Retrog. Saturn in Gemini and 2nd
Uranus in Libra and 7th
Neptune in Sagittarius and 8th
Pluto in Libra and 7th
Retrog. Chiron in Aries and 1st
Ceres in Leo and 6th
Retrog. Pallas Athena in Taurus and 2nd
*Juno in Virgo and 7th
Vesta in Aquarius and 12th
Retrog. North Node in Aquarius and 12th
Part of Fortune in Scorpio and 7th
*Vertex in Virgo and 7th

My CHART
Sun in Gemini and 4th
*Moon in Gemini and 3rd
Venus in Gemini and 3rd
Mars in Virgo and 7th
Jupiter in Aries and 1st
Retrog. Saturn in Aquarius and 12th
Uranus in Virgo and 6th
Retrog. Neptune in Scorpio and 8th
Pluto in Virgo and 7th
Retrograde Chiron in Pisces and 1st
Ceres in Virgo and 7th
Pallas Athena in Leo and 6th
*Juno in Virgo and 7th
Vesta in Virgo and 7th
Retrog. North Node in Cancer and 6th
Part of Fortune in Aquarius and 12th
*Vertex in Virgo and 7th

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thank you.*s*

desi3d

houses so similar

Post by desi3d » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 am

Chapter 15, "Other people in your life - the 7th house" - "ASTROLOGY IN MODERN LANGUAGE" by Richard Vaughan - the whole book is fasinating and deals with in-depth interpretation of the birthchart, but this chapter deals with chart comparison.
I loved it.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Houses similar

Post by Youdah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:23 pm

When interpreting a compatibility chart, the importance is not setting the two charts side-by-side and looking for similarities and differences.  That is not how to do a compatibility chart.  The way that you are doing this will tell you very little and won't tell you what I think you are asking (is this my soul mate, and will we have a good relationship?)  

A compatibility, or composite, chart is taking the MIDPOINTS between both charts.  Personally, I rely on Robert Hand's methods and interpretations of these charts.  For example:  If you say

Sun in Scorpio and 7th and
Sun in Gemini and 4th

The House positions is meaningless in the individual charts.  Ignore that part entirely, and only concern yourself with the two planets...Sun.   The MIDPOINT (assuming Scorpio at 1-degree and Gemini at 1-degree) would be Cancer, giving the composite chart a SUN in CANCER.  The HOUSE position will depend upon the MIDPOINT of both your Midheaven's  The ASPECTS of all the other composite planets to the Sun in Cancer will give you an entirely different kind of interpretation than just a side-by-side comparison.

(Math:  Scorpio at 150 degrees + Gemini at 60 degrees = 210 divided by two = 105 which is in Cancer)

The thing that I'm trying to tell you is that you need to do a composite chart, not a side-by-side comparison.  Pay particular attention to the ASPECTS between the sun, moon, venus, and mars, and neptune in the COMPOSITE chart to answer your question about soul mate or just friend.

postalsusie

thank you both

Post by postalsusie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:56 am

and Im sorry I didnt reply sooner. I mistakenly assumed that I would be notified of answers by email.
Ill see if I can find that book.....

and thank you again.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Houses similar

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Youdah wrote:When interpreting a compatibility chart, the importance is not setting the two charts side-by-side and looking for similarities and differences.  That is not how to do a compatibility chart.  The way that you are doing this will tell you very little and won't tell you what I think you are asking (is this my soul mate, and will we have a good relationship?)  

A compatibility, or composite, chart is taking the MIDPOINTS between both charts.  Personally, I rely on Robert Hand's methods and interpretations of these charts.  For example:  If you say

Sun in Scorpio and 7th and
Sun in Gemini and 4th

The House positions is meaningless in the individual charts.  Ignore that part entirely, and only concern yourself with the two planets...Sun.   The MIDPOINT (assuming Scorpio at 1-degree and Gemini at 1-degree) would be Cancer, giving the composite chart a SUN in CANCER.  The HOUSE position will depend upon the MIDPOINT of both your Midheaven's  The ASPECTS of all the other composite planets to the Sun in Cancer will give you an entirely different kind of interpretation than just a side-by-side comparison.

(Math:  Scorpio at 150 degrees + Gemini at 60 degrees = 210 divided by two = 105 which is in Cancer)

The thing that I'm trying to tell you is that you need to do a composite chart, not a side-by-side comparison.  Pay particular attention to the ASPECTS between the sun, moon, venus, and mars, and neptune in the COMPOSITE chart to answer your question about soul mate or just friend.

Hey Youdah,

This is interesting and logical! Could you state that if the composite chart is 105, in Cancer, how do we go further in analysis further?

RishiRahul

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm

The calculations are the same with every planet.  Each sign has 30 degrees.  So planets in Aries would be 0-29 degrees, Taurus 30-59 degrees, Gemini 60-89 degrees, etc.  Add the degrees together of both planets such as Sun, Mercury, Moon, etc., then divide by 2 to find the midpoint.  Then, do the same for the Ascendant and Midheaven to find  the composite Asc. and MH.  Then, just place the planets into the "new" chart that was made by the composite Asc. and MH.  Interpretation is very similar except keeping in mind that this is a new *entity* (a relationship) instead of a single person.  Hope that made sense.  :)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:48 am

Youdah wrote:The calculations are the same with every planet.  Each sign has 30 degrees.  So planets in Aries would be 0-29 degrees, Taurus 30-59 degrees, Gemini 60-89 degrees, etc.  Add the degrees together of both planets such as Sun, Mercury, Moon, etc., then divide by 2 to find the midpoint.  Then, do the same for the Ascendant and Midheaven to find  the composite Asc. and MH.  Then, just place the planets into the "new" chart that was made by the composite Asc. and MH.  Interpretation is very similar except keeping in mind that this is a new *entity* (a relationship) instead of a single person.  Hope that made sense.  :)

Hi Youdah,

Thank you for the Explanation. Will get back to tis post soon after some experimenting. Seems very logical though.

RishiRahul

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:56 pm

I use Robert Hand's method.  There might be other systems, though, to find a composite midpoint.

Return to “Western Astrology”