Grand Trines

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Astroman101

Grand Trines

Post by Astroman101 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi, i have 2 Complete Trines or 2 Grand Trines.
Is thier a significance to these aspects?

The 2 Grand Trines are:
1st
      Ascendant (Virgo) Mercury (Taurus) and Uranus (Capricorn)

2nd
      Ascendant (Virgo) Sun (Taurus) and Neptune (Capricorn)

If anyone has information, please post.
Thank  you.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Trines and more trines

Post by Youdah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:27 pm

I've seen a few grand trines, but not two in the same natal chart.  Off hand, I'd guess that the areas of life represented by the planets/houses/signs will come fairly easy for you.  That can be both good and bad.  It can indicate someone who never has to "work" at anything or is not able to learn from their mistakes.  When a transiting planet makes a hard aspect to any one of these planets (square, oppositions, or 150s), you will be totally unprepared about how to handle it...and the situation can crush you.  Not really, but it will feel like it, when it's just the ordinary trials of life that everyone has.

If you keep your humility, and remember that this is a benefit earned from many lifetimes of "karma", and that you haven't "made it" yet, then they can assist you in achieving great things.  If you don't learn to work at it, though, they'll only lull you into being passive and coasting through life wasting every opportunity that comes your way.

From the people I've seen with Grand Trines, it can mean a bigger challenge in life than those with multiple hard aspects.  Hard aspects challenge a person to solve problems, to learn and grow.  A trine can be harder if you don't use the opportunities given to you...you will begin to think you can do no wrong...which is quite wrong.  Be humble.  Work harder than those around you.  Remember to give of yourself, if only time.  Use what you've been given to benefit others as well as yourself.  You deserve all the good things that come your way, but you must use your talents or resources to help others too, to prevent the "bad" karma from coming your way later on.

In your particular case, there aren't any "water" signs in the trines.  That is why I caution you to think of others...not before yourself, but as you can and equal with yourself.  You won't have much "feeling" for others.

If this doesn't sound like you, I'd question your calculations of two grand trines.  Check the orb of each planet in the trine.  They shouldn't fall more than 2-3 degrees from each other.  I'd love it if you posted your natal date, time, place so I could look at this closer.

Return to “Western Astrology”