Moon square Venus- (very close aspect)

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AriesJupiter

Moon square Venus- (very close aspect)

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

I have a pretty close Moon square Venus aspect in my chart.

Moon 26.35' Sagittarius

Venus 25.04' Pisces

I've looked it up on the internet for a general description, but I'm wondering if anybody else has this aspect and is aware of it's influence? Can you tell me how it affects you?
I'm thinking that my wants are clashing with my needs. But I dunno. Does it cause emotional problems? Conflicts in love?
Anybody who knows a bit about this is welcome to chime in as well.
Thank you!!!!

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Does anyone else have this? I'm very surprised if not...!!!

4xLeo

Post by 4xLeo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:22 pm

The functions of the Moon (which rules the emotions and feelings, amongst other things) and the functions of Venus (which rules social relationships, harmony, and partnership, amongst other things) are at cross-purposes. When these people attempt to feed the needs of one function, it is often at the expense of the other, until they find some sort of balance. This can play out in a variety of ways. For example, there can be conflicts in partnerships about parenting or whether or not to have a family. They can find themselves compromising their own emotional needs in order to find and keep love. Peace and harmony are important to these people--perhaps too much so, as they can easily be taken advantage of. Insecurity is something that these people need to deal with at some point in their lives.

cafeastrology.com/natal/moonvenusaspects.html

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Thank you, Leo! for taking the time to locate that for me :)

astrologer50

Re: Moon square Venus- (very close aspect)

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 pm

AriesJupiter wrote:I have a pretty close Moon square Venus aspect in my chart.

Moon 26.35' Sagittarius

Venus 25.04' Pisces

I've looked it up on the internet for a general description, but I'm wondering if anybody else has this aspect and is aware of it's influence? Can you tell me how it affects you?
I'm thinking that my wants are clashing with my needs. But I dunno. Does it cause emotional problems? Conflicts in love?
Anybody who knows a bit about this is welcome to chime in as well.
Thank you!!!!
Planet is modified by sign, where it expresses is 'house' and how it expresses are 'aspects
If you are male this is stress from early childhood connected to mother. Venus in pisces is exalted and I know from previous posts your venus is in 12th so moon must be either 10th or 4th.

Moon in Saggi wants freedom and independence and doesn’t want to be tied down and is usually quite late for settling down --- so emotional independence.
Now Venus is pisces is very sacrificial and giving and tends to ‘give’ too much but being in 12th suggests an inhibition at showing affection when you need to perhaps

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm

You also need to take into account any other aspects these planets have and the houses involved --

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:59 am

astrologer50-

I am actually female! And yes, my Venus is in the 12th house, but my Moon is in the 8th house, within approx. 1 degree of the 9th house cusp! (In my chart, Sagittarius is on the cusp of both the 8th & 9th houses, due to my Libra-Aries interception in the 6th & 12th houses)

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 pm

AriesJupiter wrote:astrologer50-

I am actually female! And yes, my Venus is in the 12th house, but my Moon is in the 8th house, within approx. 1 degree of the 9th house cusp! (In my chart, Sagittarius is on the cusp of both the 8th & 9th houses, due to my Libra-Aries interception in the 6th & 12th houses)
You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.
Anything within 5' of house cusp going anti clockwise is considered more effective in next house along -- in your case 9th. In Equal house Saggi cannot rule two houses or have intercepted signs or houses. Much simpler.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:41 am

astrologer50-

Thank you for your advice about Moon Sag square Venus Pisces. I think that makes a lot of sense.
I will check into Equal House and see what I think.

Return to “Western Astrology”