Esoteric Astrology!

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dee

Esoteric Astrology!

Post by dee » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:21 pm

Hi! Usually we check charts to know future events, or to describe our life situations! This is referred to as exoteric astrology. While this is useful and has its own tremendous value, my personal interest is in esoteric astrology: where one explores one's chart to view what life experiences we have chosen as a soul! It helps us understand our life purposes from a higher point of view. We view what strengths and challenges we have come with -what areas of learning we have chosen! It is like taking a peek at your very blueprint-or what is often referred to as destiny/karma! It helps us understand our life from a higher perspective! Any one out here interested in, or pursuing this angle?
Love Dee

Midnight Moon Ryder

Post by Midnight Moon Ryder » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:44 pm

dee,

I've always found astrology and all its aspects interesting and sometimes mind-boggling.  But to answer your question: yes I have studied charts to see the "blueprint", also.  At first all the info was confounding, confusing to me and I almost gave up completely, thinking I would never understand any of it.  Then I figured out how to break it down and study on aspect/angle/idea at a time until I understood.  I'm glad I took the time to do this now because astrology has become one of my favorite pasttimes.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:14 pm

Why don't u give a reading to someone, in that way, even the others can understand the difference & come to appreciate it.

sartai

Esoteric Astrology

Post by sartai » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi

where one explores one's chart to view what life experiences we have chosen as a soul

Yes! I am drawn to this area of astrology as well. I'd like to learn more about it though...

sartai

Rohiniranjan

Re: Esoteric Astrology!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:55 am

I think these categorizations into exoteric and esoteric are artificial if not unreal and confuse the general public. Astrology must be holistic and must address the inner and outer at the same time, regardless of the leaning or preference of a given individual nativity. Without such wholeness, astrology will be full of holes as opposed to being wholesome!

Don't you think so?

RR

[quote="dee"]Hi! Usually we check charts to know future events, or to describe our life situations! This is referred to as exoteric astrology. While this is useful and has its own tremendous value, my personal interest is in esoteric astrology: where one explores one's chart to view what life experiences we have chosen as a soul! It helps us understand our life purposes from a higher point of view. We view what strengths and challenges we have come with -what areas of learning we have chosen! It is like taking a peek at your very blueprint-or what is often referred to as destiny/karma! It helps us understand our life from a higher perspective! Any one out here interested in, or pursuing this angle?
Love Dee[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:01 am

Now then -- I hope the entity (you) is (are) not holding his(your) breath on that one ;-)

GOD, it can get really complex when one is speaking in 2nd and 3rd person simultaneously! My sympathies to entities like SETH ;-)

RR

[quote="Vishwas"]Why don't u give a reading to someone, in that way, even the others can understand the difference & come to appreciate it.[/quote]

Muriel Patrisha

Post by Muriel Patrisha » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:16 am

I have been personaaly confused & confronted with esoteric astrology. I feel the need to practice it exclusively or not at all and I must admit I chose not at all.  The idea of different sign and house rulers etc.. seems to complicate astrology to a point of misunderstanding for me. It's like trying to read western and chinese astrology from the same chart. My mind just doesn't go there.  I practice Mundane (i.e. geocentric) astrology for those that ask me a question related to their earthbound world and transits etc.. but for those who are seeking a higher meaning to something I look to what I believe a more spiritual astrology reading using a heliocentric chart.  Same rulers etc... but seen from a different place in the heavens. There is always a need, even an obligation of an astrologer to see both the spiriutal side and mundane side in a reading.  There is not always the comprehension or understanding on the part of the person being read to to understand all the information that can be supplied.  My experience is to give too little information is better than too much. Questions can always be asked.
I admire the ability of anyone who is able to read and understand both esoteric and exoteric charts.
Muriel

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:38 pm

We live on the earth and not on the sun and our soul though symbolically represented by the sun does not live on Sun either. I think sticking with Geocentric astrology is a smart choice :-)

That said, please allow me to make a tiny correction. MUNDANE astrology is a specific discipline that deals with weather, nations and organizations. What you are practicing is probably geocentric natal astrology that deals with the fates, trends and opportunities that affect and influence individuals.

RR

[quote="Muriel Patrisha"]I have been personaaly confused & confronted with esoteric astrology. I feel the need to practice it exclusively or not at all and I must admit I chose not at all.  The idea of different sign and house rulers etc.. seems to complicate astrology to a point of misunderstanding for me. It's like trying to read western and chinese astrology from the same chart. My mind just doesn't go there.  I practice Mundane (i.e. geocentric) astrology for those that ask me a question related to their earthbound world and transits etc.. but for those who are seeking a higher meaning to something I look to what I believe a more spiritual astrology reading using a heliocentric chart.  Same rulers etc... but seen from a different place in the heavens. There is always a need, even an obligation of an astrologer to see both the spiriutal side and mundane side in a reading.  There is not always the comprehension or understanding on the part of the person being read to to understand all the information that can be supplied.  My experience is to give too little information is better than too much. Questions can always be asked.
I admire the ability of anyone who is able to read and understand both esoteric and exoteric charts.
Muriel[/quote]

fboros695

Be here now

Post by fboros695 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:17 pm

I think these categorizations into exoteric and esoteric are artificial if not unreal and confuse the general public. Astrology must be holistic and must address the inner and outer at the same time, regardless of the leaning or preference of a given individual nativity.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Be here now

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Dear friend,

I think you are missing the obvious :-)

Astrology is wholistic and *is* experienced by (as you rightly pointed out) the inner and outer simultaneously and concurrently, but it can be described only linearly, sequentially and that too in chunks but never wholistically! It is for the description that these artificial categories of convenience were created. These have a heuristic value, nothing more!

RR
<P.S.: This is why many astrologers do not try to include lot of technical reasoning in their readings. General public (including those who think they know and have understood astrology without dipping even a toe in it!) would only confuse with the techie talk and particularly the bits and pieces that emerge from the astrologer's pen as he or she tries to describe rather poorly the experience he or she had while he or she was reading that particular chart. I am talking about serious astrological reading and not the hunt and peck type reading that some do at the cerebral level (lord of this in that house with executor of this or that in dignity, ergo ... That kind of level!>

[quote="fboros695"]I think these categorizations into exoteric and esoteric are artificial if not unreal and confuse the general public. Astrology must be holistic and must address the inner and outer at the same time, regardless of the leaning or preference of a given individual nativity.[/quote]

NATURALBABY

Hello Friends

Post by NATURALBABY » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:51 am

Good night!!
I write from Perú, a question: Can explain me on the ascending signs? :smt017

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 am

Hi,

Since the question pertains to Western system of astrology, it is being moved to its forum for better insights,

RishiRahul

Return to “Western Astrology”