Month of Birth and Partner Choice in Marriage

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Month of Birth and Partner Choice in Marriage

Post by swetha » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:19 am

My only wish is that we knew the actual dates involved here since of course the beginning and ends of months are in different signs. However, we can still use this research to help us make evaluations in synastry - always bearing in mind that there are a lot more factors involved that just the Sun sign.

Females generally show a preference to marry men born two months later in the year than they were themselves. This preference is particularly strong for women born in January, February, March and April.
(ed: a sextile?)
Males generally prefer women born within two months (earlier OR later) than their own birth month, and generally show less of a preference for women born four to six months distant.
Males born in the second half of January tend to show a preference for females born in the second half of October (twice as many marriages as expected by chance).
(ed: Aquarius trine Libra?)
.Males and females born in April and the first half of May tend to show preference not to marry each other (half as many marriages as expected by chance).
(ed: Aries/Taurus may prefer not to mix it up. Aries is the me person and Taurus may too much like to get his own way).
Males born in the period from the latter half of June to the first half of July tend to marry females born in the period from the latter half of July to the first half of August (twice as many marriages as expected by chance).
.Males born in March who married females born in July have an eight times greater divorce rate than would be expected by chance.
.(ed: perhaps the Aries group squaring Cancer)
Higher divorce rates than expected by chance also existed for marriages where the males  were born in February and females born in May, and for males born in July and females born in February, and for males born in October and females born in June.
Males born in the second half of November divorced twice as often as males born at any other time of the year (regardless of the date of birth of the female !).
.(ed: Sagittarians do love their freedom to roam)
Here are the general preferences found by Kop and Heuts:
Males born in January - Most preferred female born in October, Least preferred  born in July
Males born in February - Most preferred female born in October, Least preferred March
Males born in March - Most preferred female born in January, Least preferred July
Males born in April - Most preferred female born in February, Least preferred January
Males born in May - Most preferred female born in June, Least preferred December
Males born in June - Most preferred female born in April, Least preferred October
Males born in July - Most preferred female born in April, Least preferred February
Males born in August - Most preferred female born in July, Least preferred November
Males born in September - Most preferred female born in September, Least preferred April
Males born in October - Most preferred female born in January, Least preferred June
Males born in November - Most preferred female born in June, Least preferred April
Males born in December - Most preferred female born in May, Least preferred July
Females born in January - Most preferred male born in March, Least preferred born in April
Females born in February - Most preferred male born in April, Least preferred July
Females born in March - Most preferred male born in May, Least preferred August
Females born in April - Most preferred male born in June, Least preferred November
Females born in May - Most preferred male born in December, Least preferred June
Females born in June - Most preferred male born in November, Least preferred October
Females born in July - Most preferred male born in June, Least preferred March
Females born in August - Most preferred male born in August, Least preferred September
Females born in September - Most preferred male born in September, Least preferred April
Females born in October - Most preferred male born in January, Least preferred June
Females born in November - Most preferred male born in November, Least preferred August
Females born in December - Most preferred male born in August, Least preferred May

by: Drs Kop and Heuts
astrologyworldonline.com/partners.html

Deborah

Interesting

Post by Deborah » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:09 pm

I was born in January....................never dated a man born in March but its spring and its my fav. time of year.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:06 am

LOL.. i am born in August... and Abhi is born in August too:)

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Tue May 16, 2006 10:35 pm

I really really hope this isn't true.. :D
because it doesn't match not for me and not for my partner

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed May 17, 2006 5:20 pm

i wonder how they come up with such conclusions??

Myst

Post by Myst » Wed May 31, 2006 5:45 am

I dont know they come up with such things LOL...random surveys? But more so, stereotypes for sure....

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:27 am

i agree Myst...something new for people to use their idle minds for:))

Mystcmoon

Post by Mystcmoon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:01 pm

Hmmm, strange.....very few of the couples I know match this ruling...

brittdun

Post by brittdun » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:04 am

Wow that fits me!!! Well it could... I was born in May and my boyfriend was born in December!!! I hope to marry him!!! NEAT!

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 am

I guess everything in astrology is so random and generalised.

lfrett

Post by lfrett » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:40 pm

I was born in January and married a man that was born in September of the same year.

Interesting, our sun signs show that we are extremely compatible (which we are), yet  the article shows that he wouldn't have wanted to marry me.  It seems to contradict the sun sign characteristcs.

JMO

Return to “Western Astrology”