Advice Needed

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ms_Guided Angel

Advice Needed

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:56 pm

Hello All....I have been here a while now and just starting to figure out what I want to learn the most about.  I am extremely interested in Astrology but very confused about where to start.

I have basic knowledge of the subject, for the most part, about my own zodiac and I've printed birth charts, with the pertinent details, etc.  I have downloaded the MB Astrology Dictionary but get lost in the depths....

I want to know if anyone can point me in the direction of a book or a site that starts at the beginning, as I'm getting lost in the millions of websites that I have no idea if they are accurate or just someone's opinion....

I have no Internet at home so I save pages to read later...then get lost as to the order they come in and then just get plain lost......lol

Thanks in advance... :smt007

Ms_Guided Angel

MY BAD

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Ok..sorry..I found some sites with more info...starting all over again.

Cheers

Astroteacher

Post by Astroteacher » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:43 am

If your beginning your journey in the study of astrology, it is best to start off with simple things. The first question you need to ask yourself is primarily, what system of Astrology best suits me. There are many. For instance, Modern Western Astrology deals exclusively with the psychi of the person. This is the system used by most Astrologers today so there is a plethora of information out there for you to start from. This system is all psychologically based, it shows how the Planets influences affect the minds of individuals.

There are other more complicated systems the next being European Astrology, Chinese (Zi Wei Dou Shu) Astrology, and Vedic or Jyotish Astrology(which in my personal view is the most difficult considering the size)

After choosing your system, its probably best to start off with understanding the Signs. Then move onto understanding what each Sign means in each House and understanding the general meaning of each House. I hope that provides you with a good base to start with! Theres lots of memorization so be prepared!

D

business voodoo

Post by business voodoo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:14 pm

the advice i got from my first astrological teacher ... "find your books first" ... don't decide anything except that when looking in a bookstore, find a book that interests you ... when you pick it up, you will understand why thats your first book, and all your other books will come to you like that as well.

"astrology, karma and transformation" by stephen arroyo was my first astrology book ... hardly the basics, but it was the one that sparked me and grounded me in what was to become my own personal view on astrology ... no matter the system or school you may choose to study, be wary of those who claim absolutes because there are none.  choosing western astrology over hindu astrology is like choosing methodist versus luthern ...

that same teacher taught me, "there is truth in everything, even a lie" ... so don't worry ... your own insight and path will provide you the information you need when you need it for your perfect growth and development ... don't be afraid to explore a variety of ideas and philosophies and create your own ... all great astrologers took what was already taught and lived it, created their own philosophy based on their own personal integration of all that they learned from all the sources they experienced in their lifetimes.  

as for memorizing ... hmmmm ... i was never good at memorizing so i still sometimes need to rely on my resources to remind me what things mean ... sometimes relying on memory puts a box around the information that doesn't allow it to grow and expand ... i have found this particularly true in my learning of the tarot.  so yes, i agree that much recognition of the symbols require memorization, learning the meanings of the various symbols is an organic process that is different and unique for everyone.

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:33 am

Yes, I guess u need to be little more methodical in your search. Try MysticBoard and hope u will get all ur answers in an easy way.
Cheers............

mythseeker

Re: Advice Needed & Beginning Astrology Reading

Post by mythseeker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:16 pm

Well.. I would like to make this easy for you... but you will need four  things... a notebook, a regular dictionary, a pen and the A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delinator by Llewellyn George... This tome of information is the bible of astrology... You will need a regular dictionary to help with some of the more in depth concepts and it is easier to read a Webster's dictionary than what you will find on line.  The A to Z Delineator is a must... I have some many sticky notes on mine you are lucky to see pages... I use it that much.

I hope this helps. Let me know.

Mythseeker

[quote="Ms_Guided Angel"]Hello All....I have been here a while now and just starting to figure out what I want to learn the most about.  I am extremely interested in Astrology but very confused about where to start.

I have basic knowledge of the subject, for the most part, about my own zodiac and I've printed birth charts, with the pertinent details, etc.  I have downloaded the MB Astrology Dictionary but get lost in the depths....

I want to know if anyone can point me in the direction of a book or a site that starts at the beginning, as I'm getting lost in the millions of websites that I have no idea if they are accurate or just someone's opinion....

I have no Internet at home so I save pages to read later...then get lost as to the order they come in and then just get plain lost......lol

Thanks in advance... :smt007[/quote]

lulugem

Post by lulugem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:51 pm

I have found a lot of interesting books. One that interests my the most is, The Secret Language of Relationships by Gary Goldschneider. I was using it at a friends house and you line you and someone else's birthdates up and it gives you a description of your relationship with that person. IT ROCKED!!! I LOVED IT!!!http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 262X&itm=5
That is a site you can read about it. He has two other books, The Secret Language of Birthdays and The Secret Language of Destinys. Look it up!

Return to “Western Astrology”