Cusp

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

niirvana

Cusp

Post by niirvana » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:34 pm

My date of Birth is 20th January  1980, according to some astrologers i m a aquarian & some says that I m a Capricon.
Plz let me know regarding this

lfrett

Post by lfrett » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 pm

I'm on a Cust also (January 18).

The way I read cusps is that you have some characteristics of both sun signs.

I've always had some Aquarian characteristcs.  I'm finding (oddly) that as I get older I'm taking on more of the Aquarius characteristics and losing some of my Capricorn.

I would say though, that if you look at the discriptions of both signs, you'd see which one you more closely resembly.  For daily horiscopes I read both signs.  Many times Aquarius is dead on with my day.

vdox

Post by vdox » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 pm

well yes... your sun is at 29 54' of capricorn. I agree with Ifrett that you take charateristics from both signs. I am not an astrologer but i think that you don t have to "worry" so much as Saturn is the ruler of capricorn and Ouranus is the ruler of aquarius but in traditional astrology Saturn is also the ruler of aquarius.

jcnwyatt

Post by jcnwyatt » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:57 pm

I am also cap/aquarian cusp being born 01/19/73 @ 9:10am... if I would've been born that same night the sun was in aquarius. But cap was 29 degrees 25'19 that day. I do find that I do possess some characteristics of both signs and depending on where I am in life it changes. But what I have also read is that if you are born at the 29th degree of any sign it is called the Anaretic Degree. It is supposed to be very significant because it means that you are close to mastering an important lesson in the universe,but you have not quite achieved success. It is only when the lesson of that planet is mastered that you may move on and progress spiritually and universally.People with an Anaretic Degree have a lesson to learn. It's also known as the Karmic Degree. When the Sun is positioned at the 29th degree of your chart it indicates a need to focus more on your identity and your sense of self. Answer the ? "Who am I?" Deeply consider your roots and how they've shaped the person you are. Issues with your father may need to be resolved. Work on your sense of individuality and cultivate proactive channels of self-expression. Pay closer attention to certain aspects of your health,mainly issues concerning your heart,back and spine. Hope this helps...........

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:50 am

Dear,
It is good to know about cusp,but in the mean time only we can make guess only for the ruler,the ruler of both is Saturn and Saturn always like Hard, steady work, organization, caution, shrewdness, projects directed to senior citizens, agriculture, wining, secret and hidden things, farming, business and trade atmospheres, shrewd buyer, basic utilities, building materials, real estate, methodology, systems, long range planning, elderly people, economics, hidden things, civil engineers, dentists, physical chemists, statisticians, typesetters, paleontologists, industrial engineers, geologists, chiropractors, proofreaders, custodians, claims adjustors, draftsmen, masons, efficiency experts. Hates waste, loves efficiency, economy, long and hard work. Needs to be doing something. Dull, monotonous, routine application whets the appetite. Abides by rules and regulations, preferably constructed by others. A hard and careful worker who absorbs responsibility and duty. Can undergo rigid training due to persistence of character. Is diligent, using system, method, and organization in his work.
Ramendra
Jaipur

Muriel Patrisha

Post by Muriel Patrisha » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:46 am

If you have your correct time and place of birth a chart calculation will determine which of the two signs you actually are. Your Sun can technically only be in one sign although it can absorb flavours from both.

My understanding of cuspal personalities is;
If your Sun is in the former sign (i.e. high degrees of the earlier sign) you will tend to have predominant characteristics of that sign earlier in your life and the mid to latter years tend to display more of the later sign. This could also have found its basis in solar progressions.
If your sun is low degrees of the later sign, although you will always have characteristics of both, you will predominantly be like the sign your sun is in.

I would be curious to know how other cuspal personalities feel about this as it is learnt theory and as I am not cuspal my self, so have not experienced that type of pull.

Muriel

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:45 am

Dear,
Sun is always seeing,Moon is always thinking,and Saturn is always doing,others are only supporting.No anyone in world know the way of Sun,in the light of Sun,everyone give give the suggestions, Where is going and what is the next step of Sun?nobody can predict.
Ramendra
Jaipur

Muriel Patrisha

Post by Muriel Patrisha » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:48 am

Dear,
in Western Astrology, the sun is the main Character in play. Muriel

Return to “Western Astrology”