Karmic Astrology

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Karmic Astrology

Post by swetha » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Karmic Astrology is much different from Conventional Astrology. It is a spiritual form of Astrology. It is a more accomplished kind of astrology.

Conventional Astrology tells you what you are where as Karmic Astrology gives the answers to the entire why’s. This can only be answered by your knowledge of your past lives.
It answers question as to what this lifetime of yours means in the whole cosmic cycle of evolution. Karmic Astrology involves taking a detailed look at the natal astrological chart from a past life perspective.

The chart also shows our unfinished business, which is why we are all here. It does not predict the future but shows the paths that are different from one another. It helps you understand yourself better  in this life.

How many people practise this form of Astrology??

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:44 pm

yes plz tell who does this. i would love to know more about it.

jyotimirpuri

this really would be amazing

Post by jyotimirpuri » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:20 am

to know about our karmic cycle who we were in our past cycles. would love to know more about myself

danni-kat

Post by danni-kat » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:31 am

I had no idea there was so many types of astrology!

hidyaphrodite

Post by hidyaphrodite » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:16 am

I practice spiritual based interpretation. We are each on a journey. Our chart is a map of our evolutionary path and I personally believe we participate in writing our destiny chart before entering an incarnation. There are no accidents in the Universe and we are right where we are meant to be at any given time although when it is uncomfortable or unpleasant we have a hard time embracing that notion. Of course, there is a place for mundane interpretation, too. www.hidyscloset.com

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:50 am

hidyaphrodite, why don't u make a new post or post here only & explain about it.

Suebee

Karmic Astrology

Post by Suebee » Wed May 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi All,
I posted this in the Reincarnation Forum, and maybe it was the wrong forum. Many apologies for posting this twice. I have become interested in Karmic Astrology. I am reading a book by Jeanne Avery, and would like to know more about this. Does anyone have any suggestions as to any software, or books on this subject. I am a beginner, so I will have to start simple. Thanks,

Suebee :smt002

hidyaphrodite

Post by hidyaphrodite » Wed May 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Oh my. I see a post addressed to me that I somehow missed. Not surprised as this was the time my beloved kitty was injured and subsequently passed away so I wasn't spending much time cruising the net or forums. At any rate, a book I use and have found very helpful is "A Spiritual Approach To Astrology" by Myrna Lofthus.

Suebee

Book

Post by Suebee » Wed May 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks a lot! Sorry to hear about your kitty. I am an avid cat lover, having rescued animals and now I have fourteen of them ! LOL

Suebee

Gentlesorp

Karmic Astrology

Post by Gentlesorp » Fri May 25, 2007 5:07 pm

Just by looking at the birth chart, you can get a sense of what you are here to learn by looking at the moon's nodes. They are not actual planets, but are points formed by the moon's orbit around the earth.   They can tell you a lot about your gifts, talents, tendencies to avoid, your needs and your goals.  

The North Node indicates the gifts and talents that are at your disposal in this lifetime.  Just as you spent so much time and energy developing one aspect of your character in past lives, there was another part of you -- the polar opposite -- that was totally neglected.  Thus, when you came into this incarnation, you were out of balance.  So you must consciously develop the part of you that was neglected in past lives by experimenting with, and building on, your talents and gifts of the north node. It's like a muscle that hasn't been used.  

The South Node shows the tendencies to avoid that you were born with.  In past lives these behaviours served you well; when you acted from these motivations, you won.  So, you came into this incarnation with a subconscious memory of success, and you keep pursuing the same behaviours that enabled you to thrive in your past lives.  Lifetime after lifetime you kept strengthening this one part of yourself from every possible direction until it grew out of proportion. So in this incarnation, it is set up in your astrology chart for these old patterns not to work.  

You can get astounding information from your North Node and your South Node signs in your birth chart, aspects to them, and transits to them.  There is a lot of information on the internet on them.  A birth chart would show where yours are.
-Gentlescorp

Suebee

Moon Nodes

Post by Suebee » Fri May 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Thank you. I appreciate the good info. I am just beginning to study Astrology, so I will look into this. I dont know what is normal for a birth chart, but I have everything in my third house of communication. The sun moon, pluto aquarius, a double capricorn with Capricorn and Aquarius ascendant. Whew, whom ever I may have been, I sure had a lot of things going on in the third house.

Suebee  :)  :)

barnjie

Post by barnjie » Wed May 30, 2007 5:09 am

karmic astrology is very interesting, have only scratched the surface

Suebee

Post by Suebee » Wed May 30, 2007 12:22 pm

Hey, I got the book you recommended from Amazon. WOW, great reading. It is so very complicated. Might take me a year, to figure out my chart. Thanks again.

Suebee

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:35 am

[quote="barnjie"]karmic astrology is very interesting, have only scratched the surface[/quote]

In the western astrological framework, one of the original books on karmic astrology came from the Theosophist Alice Bailey. A very serious book and for many that would mean a "difficult" book!

But a gem if you really want to explore this fantastic area of astrology and then move on to other vistas...

RR

Return to “Western Astrology”