Birth Charts and Birth times

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Birth Charts and Birth times

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:39 pm

I often wonder if in these modern times, a person changes to become their birthsign? We have technology to choose the time of birth, sometimes mothers hold off till they are in a safe place or their partner arrives, sometimes its the doctors choice, and so the time and place of birth can be changed. Does the baby change with it? Their personality? Was the delayed time of birth the right one all along or what?

I am in differing minds about this.

I draw and read birth charts and find them a really accurate way of reading a person. I even do prospective employees birthcharts lol. amazing how revealing and true those have been as indicators of a successful employment. Perhaps we should all do them?

Gentlesorp

Birth Times

Post by Gentlesorp » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:52 pm

I have gone in circles about this one too, Gem.  Having given birth to 3, and studied children's charts I have decided that in numerous cases, the time is always "right" for the child for one reason or another.  The amazing thing is that the circumstances that could change the birthtime slightly or dramatically are represented in the chart!  (Look at what Mars is doing in the chart when surgery is required) I also believe that we grow into our sun sign as we get older.....so in that respect we can change to become our sun sign :)

I noticed the HR community embraces all kinds of personality break-downs (ex.  temperament testing)  and doesn't seem to notice the potential uses of astrology?  I wonder how we can get beyond employee compatibility and perhaps use astrology for timing too.  What's the best time for the company to start a new project?  Is it the right time to reveal a product to the public?  Should a company use in-house expertise or outsource?  Can anyone else think of practical uses?  Gem, are you using astrology in other capacities?
Would love to hear your thoughts,
-Gentlescorp

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:56 pm

Your post made me think of biorhythms, another area I love,  I do use those and so often then can help us decide when to take on tasks , when to rest etc.  Many companies now use a Feng Shui consultant when they locate and decorate, and more and more are looking at birthcharts. I think we just need to get the word out there more and let people see the benefits?

DiamondLdy69

I would love to see my birth Chart

Post by DiamondLdy69 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:48 pm

I would love to learn how to do a birth chart as long as it's not to difficult.
You're Nothing Short of My Everything

Gentlesorp

There is lots of online information

Post by Gentlesorp » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi Lady,
There is information on these boards related to your inquiry; just recently someone asked where to start and got some great advice.  Try http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=17468.  under the topic "Advice Needed".  Hope that link works.  

I know Mystic Board has free compatibility software and sun sign software available.  You can search for "free astrology software" where you can find astrology information and software suited to all levels.  Find one you're comfortable with, or one that draws you and go at your own pace from there.  
Good luck,
Gentlescorp

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:58 am

personal adresses not allowed

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:27 am

Interesting.  Yes birth time is crucial to individual's fate.  I would love to find out more about this subject.

coolsofty

thanks

Post by coolsofty » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:49 pm

thanks for your useful link and discussion

mufid

Post by mufid » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:32 pm

hi dere.

i would really like to learn about birth charts...n deir significance...tough i m not really sure of the time i was born...but does it have to be exact??i mean i know its early morning..!!

leslie1212

12:12am birth time

Post by leslie1212 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:25 am

does anyone know what a birth time of 12:12am would mean?

astrologer50

Re: Birth Times

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Gentlesorp wrote:I have gone in circles about this one too, Gem.  Having given birth to 3, and studied children's charts I have decided that in numerous cases, the time is always "right" for the child for one reason or another.  The amazing thing is that the circumstances that could change the birthtime slightly or dramatically are represented in the chart!  (Look at what Mars is doing in the chart when surgery is required) I also believe that we grow into our sun sign as we get older.....so in that respect we can change to become our sun sign :)

I noticed the HR community embraces all kinds of personality break-downs (ex.  temperament testing)  and doesn't seem to notice the potential uses of astrology?  I wonder how we can get beyond employee compatibility and perhaps use astrology for timing too.  What's the best time for the company to start a new project?  Is it the right time to reveal a product to the public?  Should a company use in-house expertise or outsource?  Can anyone else think of practical uses?  Gem, are you using astrology in other capacities?
Would love to hear your thoughts,
-Gentlescorp
I'm a rather spiritual person and I believe Souls are born when they are supposed to be born, whether it's early, or late like myself. Look at fifth house as an indicator of perhaps even how you give birth. I have gemini ruling my fifth with mars posited there. Quick labour 4hours from start to finish. I have seen/heard of women with Saturn in 5th be long time in labour to.

I think more and more big companies will be doing astroligical profiles for new staff. it makes sense to see where their strengths and weaknesses maybe.

Below is a powerpoint slide I produced for Public speaking on astrology. I hope it's of help to newcomers who want to learn astrology..

I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

astrologer50

Re: I would love to see my birth Chart

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 pm

DiamondLdy69 wrote:I would love to learn how to do a birth chart as long as it's not to difficult.
just go to astro dot com and get a free chart. They also have intereactive models to explain things. you just put the cursor on a planet and it brings a pop up box to explain what it means in that house and asepcts it forms to other planets..

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days and maths class, an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Western Astrology”