Reading for Friends & family

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Reading for Friends & family

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Do you ever feel that its best not to do astral charts and readings for close friends and family? I find it almost feels like prying, I seem to see inside their lives and their feelings and sometimes I wish I hadn't.
I wonder if this is just me and my sensitive psych side coming through because it happens with tarot and cards too or does it happen with everyones astrology readings? I thought they would be more 'cold' and scientific, not quite the right words but I would be interested to hear views :)

tabbicatc

Post by tabbicatc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:39 am

I don't think I would have the confidence in astrology or my ability to interpret charts without all my observations of it at work in the lives of people I know. Also, I learn by doing, so I need the practice I get by checking out their requests. lol. It does give you a look beneath the surface, but I guess that doesn't bother me because I have an accepting attitude about life. I try to learn from my mistakes not repress them. And when dealing with other people, I try to remember that people will often make less than stellar decisions no matter what advice they get. It's their choice, and will lead to what they need to experience. So I try not to be judgemental.

babu

Post by babu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:47 am

ya i belive in it

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:22 am

I have been a hobby reader.....and my wife ask me often to read for her.....I have tried once....no more :)

Why.....because I know her to well.....when I get the card I automatic try to let the "terrain fit the map" and not the other way around.
For the same reason I never try to read for myself either.

This might be due to the fact that I am a novice in the art, other more trained might be able to do it with great success ....but that I will never reach :) :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:36 pm

Interesting replies, Tabbycat I see what you mean, I learnt doing family and friends charts and that gave me the confidence todo others because I could see the traits and flows were actually right lol.

Rhuto, Yep, I think too close is sometimes far too dangerous, <gg> and knowing someone so well makes things harder.

Return to “Western Astrology”