Astrology Software

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aMacFan

Astrology Software

Post by aMacFan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:33 pm

I use to use a wonderful western astrology program (sorry, I have forgotten the name).  Not only did it provide accurate chart calculations (verified by manual calculation), but it also provided preliminary interpretations of both planets by sign / house and aspects.  

Anyway, this program is no longer available and only works on an older version of operating system.  I am wondering what programs others use?  

I also make use of a very nice piece of software on my Palm (Astro-Pocket).  It does a great job of calculating transits!  Of course it doesn't provide any interpretation but it does tell you the orb.  I just wish it was easier to see which planets are transiting my natal houses.

louw

me2

Post by louw » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:43 pm

i would aslo like to obtain one of these astro software...any ideas

babs

astro software

Post by babs » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:18 am

I have used Astrolabe/ solarfire for over 10+ yrs and love it.. Matrix is good to. they will send you or they used to, a trial copy to use a few times before you spend your money.. but remember theses are professional programs and cost a few shiny penny's..

cdo

Astrology Softwear

Post by cdo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:44 am

For FREE astrology softwear programs try :

Astrolog 32
AstroWin
Astro123

I don't have the urls handy but you can just try a search . I have used all of these and they all do all of the calculations . Astrowin developer also offers rather extensive on-line/downloadable natal report . His approach is more toward the spiritual astrology format but you can decide for yourself.

chanceygirl

Post by chanceygirl » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:59 pm

My personal favorite was Canopus by Clairvision astrology, which is no longer available :(

So, after some searching, my new favorites are,

AstroLog - free software. it takes some getting used to, but once you do, it is VERY useful. It calculates dozens of charts with interps. Good accuracy too.

Zet 8 Lite - free software. Very nice substitute for Canopus. Easy to use graphics. Combining this and Astrolog together - well I don't have to pay a penny & get everything I want!

These can all be easily searched on www.google.com and downloaded for free. Not huge files either.

A good website:
www.grupovenus.com  - online site that does free calculations and interps. It's a bit like www.astro.com, but has a LOT more free stuff on it!! I really like it.

giggledoll00

Astrology Software

Post by giggledoll00 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:04 pm

[color=indigo][/color]
my mom has used this one and it look pretty good. i haven't actually used it, but she sticks to it, and she's more familiar with it that i am. I'm still learning tho. Astrology Deluxe: Astrology Source, Cyber Palmistry, and Cyber Tarot, right now its on amazon.com used for $10.85 she has another one that charts really good that i have tried and gets really detailed but i forgot the name and she doesn't know where its at right now, when she does i can post it. i know with that one it comes with celebrity profiles to compare to, and what not. it's nice.

subramanyam

Post by subramanyam » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 pm

hi, you can visit these following good websites which will give you good predictions of your life according to your birth date and time information.

sites are: www.aryabhatta.com, www.kamalkapoor.com, www.paramdhaam.com.
enjoy with best results with free of cost.

Return to “Western Astrology”