sun and moon the same sign

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

foxydivinelady

sun and moon the same sign

Post by foxydivinelady » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:07 pm

my sun and moon are both scorpio.  I was wondering if the sun and moon are the same, would this create an eclipse? What effects would this have on the person?

balijepalli

Post by balijepalli » Sun May 11, 2008 11:32 am

when eclipse occur it creates negative results on the person.
remedy is maha naysa purvakarudhra abishaka...

whimsical1

Post by whimsical1 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Yeah, but does that create an eclipse? I'd like to know, as my sun and moon are both in pisces, although 9 degrees apart (with sun conj asc, if that matters)

warto

Post by warto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:55 pm

humm, not sure, but hope not.
As balijepalli has said earlier, that will be not good.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

sun and moon the same

Post by Youdah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

It would not create an eclipse in the way that I think you are asking.  The sun/moon in the same sign is not the same thing as a solar eclipse that happens from your position standing on earth.  

When trying to understand the same sign of the sun/moon, you first must look at the number of degrees that they are apart.  If the sun is at 3-degrees, for example, and the moon is at 29-degrees, you will get different DAILY and long-term effects from this than if they were closer together.  I'd really need to know if there is a strong "conjunction" or not to know more, and whether or not they fell into the same HOUSE as well as the same sign...and what planets made ASPECTS to them individually and together.

In general, though, what this is going to mean is that the intellect and emotions will often be in agreement and act to support each other.  This can have different effects on you.  What you FEEL, will also be what you can THINK about in the same way.  This is different for those with sun/moon in different signs who might intellectually see something, but their emotions tell them something different...so they must learn to give each equal weight and make decisions based upon a respect for both their intellect and emotions.  You probably never have the experience of your intellect and emotions telling you something entirely different or being a complete contradiction of each other.

A quick, stupid example:  suppose someone asked you out, and you FELT good about it as well as being able to intellectually see all the good things about that person.  Your heart and mind are in agreement.  Someone else with sun/moon in different signs might feel attracted to the person who asked them out, but their intellect would tell them that this person was a bad choice for them...so their emotions (desire and attraction) would not agree with their intellect.

Again, it is not really possible to tell you what "it means" without more information on signs, positions, and houses, since I am guessing that you are not asking from a desire to learn about astrology, but what it means to YOU in YOUR chart.

Return to “Western Astrology”