Saturn entering the 5th House

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Antigone

Saturn entering the 5th House

Post by Antigone » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:49 am

What does this mean? And what should I expect?

Does this mean it will be a very depressive period relationship/love-wise? How long does this last? :(
It's a beautiful life. Believe.

nancyrella

Post by nancyrella » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 am

The sixth house, represents the last personal stage in development, and is thus a critical one.The self-adjustment we undergo here determines our ability to relate to others on an equal footing and, by its success or failure, unites us with or separates us from others.

With Saturn in your sixth house you have a strong work ethic, but even though your job may be burdened with responsibilities, you know how to conserve and mete out your energy. You may have difficulties in your place of work due to standing apart, being overly critical, and demanding as much from others as you do from yourself. Your critical faculties are harsh, and you may have trouble in actually employing them. Once you turn on your analytical light, you can be relentless in your judgments. You may also have trouble assimilating experiences and making them your own. You worry too much over details, and need to grow in wisdom with regard to what's worth worrying about and what's not. A well-placed Saturn in your sixth house indicates a hardy constitution, one able to withstand most diseases. An afflicted Saturn here, however, can denote a propensity towards chronic illnesses.

Love wise I'm not sure...

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Saturn is always given a heavy interpretation!  Not always true!  As I get older, I look forward with eagerness and anticipation for saturn transits!  Oh yes, saturn can cause you problems...but only if you resist!  Resistance is futile!  :)  Saturn's job is to stablize your life in whatever area she enters.  She will make you work hard, learn patience, and cause the things you do to have lasting results.  Like all outer planets, if you have been foolish, she will let  you know!  If you need to grow and learn something, she will bring it.  Yet, when she leaves, you are a more stable, secure, and wiser person.  I can find nothing worrisome about that!

Saturn's influence into the House of Creativity (5th) means that you must learn the fundamentals before you will be successful in any creative work.  Saturn can cool off a love affair that really was bad for you anyway.   Then she will bring you an older, wiser mate who will be a true partner in life instead of a constant drain and endless aggravation.  Saturn can make you wait for children until you are mature enough to care for them.  Where and what saturn will do specifically to you can only be known through your natal chart, what sign is on the 5th H. cusp, what aspects are made to other planets/houses/asteroids.

Learn what saturn wishes to teach you!  She moves cautiously, carefully, and slowly!  It is better to learn it from Saturn than wait for Pluto!  Saturn's good friend, Pluto, will tear your life apart and tear it out at the roots, so new things can grow...so learn from Saturn, so Pluto brings only joy of change to new and different, and better, things into your life.

All "heavy" transits are only hard because we insist on hanging onto things that are wrong for us, things that keep us from growth, things that keep us from achieving our goals, things that deny us what our heart desires...so do not worry about these things...Saturn/Pluto are just stern parents causing you to save your money for a rainy day instead of fritter it away on things you don't really need.  Saturn will make you study instead of hang out at the mall.  You see?  Saturn is only there to guide you, learn her lessons so that you don't have to suffer much more later.

Antigone

Post by Antigone » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 pm

In my natal, Mercury, Venus, and Saturn are in my 4th house and Mars, true node, and uh-oh, Pluto in my 5th.

Does this explain my current predicament, and when will it end? :)
It's a beautiful life. Believe.

rashishah

Saturn and pluto in Virgo in 5th house!

Post by rashishah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:36 pm

I have Saturn and pluto in Virgo in the 5th house. Does that mean probs in having children or no children. Can anyone pls tell me? My DOB is 7th February 1980 at Ahmedabad city in India at 13.27...My other house placements are as under:

1st House Taurus no planets

2nd House Gemini no planets

3rh H Cancer no planets

4th H Leo Jupiter Mars Rahu

5th H Virgo Saturn, Pluto

6th H Libra Moon

7th H Scorpio Uranus, Neptune

8th H Sagittarius no planets

9th H Capricorn Sun

10th H Aquarius Mercury, Ketu

11th H Pisces Venus

12th H Aries no planets

Thanks

Pappy1985

Saturn in your fifth.

Post by Pappy1985 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:55 am

First of all what sign rules your fifth house?
What natal planets sat in your fifth house?
What act of the fifth house has been most dominant in your pass life? Is it your creativity, romance, teenage pleasures, gambling, hobbies... Which ever ones, its most likely you'll be experiencing the karmic accumulation of your past events. This is where this aspect of you will face another phase of the real world. If you've been very creative and you're skills have always been improving, this may be a time when things may not go so smoothly the way they have been; reality may bring some obstacles which may prove to you that your are not that skillful, thats why in this period you have to be strong and face the challenges and if faced, after the phase you'll will definetely transform.
We are nothing

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 am

When Saturn transited my 5th house, that was a few years ago (Saturn in Leo), I was about 18-20, and for me, I learned lessons about dating/romance, and also about creative self-expression.
Dating: I got involved with maybe not the right type, but learned from it. Also learned what I did to wrong to contribute to the ending of a relationship (towards the very end of the transit). But again, once I got over him, I realized the relationship with him wasn't something I needed anyway.
Creativity: I discovered ways to better express myself creatively & kind of got more in touch with myself on that level. It was good.

kshantaram

saturn 5th house

Post by kshantaram » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:24 am

saturn 5th house is considered more challenging than saturn in the 4th house, impacting/conracting creativity, prosperity, position etc.

saturn is considered good in the 6th house, while 5th is negation of the 6th house and could impact employment matters, employment status, health matters, ability to cope up with enemies/competitors etc

regards,

kshantaram

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 am

Read "Saturn in Transit" by Erin Sullivan (very popular book recommended by many astrologers [you will see it recommended all over the astrology sites]) I read this book a FEW times because it was so interesting! It's written by a female author and she's really good.

I checked it out from the library- so you probably can too.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, but really he's trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to be responsible, hard working, dutiful and learn our Lessons properly, so they won't have to keep being repeated. Therefore, is usually suggests things slowing down, delays, limitations and restrictions so we can learn these Lessons.

What Saturn does is 'test' what is of value to you and what is working in your life. It wants structure and hard work. If something isn't working--- it may well end--- so something better can be put in it's place.

5th house is the house of 'romance, children, self employment, recreational matters, gambling' So whilst things tend to slow down it has a purpose. If one door shuts then maybe you are not meant to go through that door just at the moment then --

It can also suggest if a woman were pregnant that she would be a long time in labour

Return to “Western Astrology”