Opposite Sun and Moon, Both square Uranus

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Melbatoast

Opposite Sun and Moon, Both square Uranus

Post by Melbatoast » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:33 am

Hey can someone help me interpret this. I read that when your sun or your moon is square to Uranus it can give you problems. You can be domineering cold icy shut people out, etc...
Also, how does it affect you when your sun and moon are opposite?
My sun is Pisces (9th house if it matters), my moon Virgo (3rd house), which are both square to Uranus, which is Sag in the 6th house.
I feel like when I read the descriptions I can relate to all of them in a way, but that might just be me being a pisces...
Also, footnote, both my venus and mars are in aries (10th house), does that mean anything?
I've been trying to put the pieces together and could use some outside input, thanks...[/list]

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:25 am

What you are describing, I believe, is a T-square configuration.  I'd have to see the chart to give you a good interpretation, or to know for sure.  Generally, in a T-square, one planet acts as the focal point for the three planets.  The focal planet activates the energy in all three planets.  Finding a constructive outlet, and balance is usually the key to handling this configuration.  The signs, houses, and any other planets are relevant and so must also be considered in a T-square.  It can be a very difficult configuration until you learn to use this energy in constructive ways.  There can be tremendous drive to act and react, depending if in mutable, cardinal or fixed signs.  The key to balance is in the sign/house that is opposite the focal planet, because this is energy that is missing from the person, and until he/she learns it, this can be a very difficult placement.  For example, the person may be missing "mutable" traits so that the person is not able to tolerate change, being very rigid in viewpoints.  When he/she learns to accept change as a part of life, and use "change" as a way to balance, no matter how difficult, then the T-square becomes balanced.  (I'm just using an example that came to my mind, I'm not saying that you are inflexible).

astrologer50

Re: Opposite Sun and Moon, Both square Uranus

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Melbatoast wrote:Hey can someone help me interpret this. I read that when your sun or your moon is square to Uranus it can give you problems. You can be domineering cold icy shut people out, etc...
Also, how does it affect you when your sun and moon are opposite?
My sun is Pisces (9th house if it matters), my moon Virgo (3rd house), which are both square to Uranus, which is Sag in the 6th house.
I feel like when I read the descriptions I can relate to all of them in a way, but that might just be me being a pisces...
Also, footnote, both my venus and mars are in aries (10th house), does that mean anything?
I've been trying to put the pieces together and could use some outside input, thanks...[/list]
In future its better if you can upload your chart or at least copy/paste a link for people to look at hon.
Sun opposite moon suggests your parents were opposites (learned behaviour from childhood).
Sun and Moon square Uranus. Well, i've got these two aspects; Sun square uranus is basically,Want freedom to do unusual and creative things. Very impatient!
Moon square Uranus. Very good imagination. Seek new and unusual things to feed emotional needs   to keep you fully occupied! Provocative urges. Break with mother and relationships

Venus, Mars in aries in 10th. They all mean something hon..... :smt007

Melbatoast

chart

Post by Melbatoast » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:20 pm

Here is a link to my chart

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?la ... 1224647132.

My parents aren't oppisites they are both earth signs.

Thanks for the input....

astrologer50

Re: chart

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Melbatoast wrote:Here is a link to my chart

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?la ... 1224647132.

My parents aren't oppisites they are both earth signs.

Thanks for the input....
Sorry hon the link doesnt work or has expired, but you are not asking questions?
Sun Moon oppositionIn the opposition, the kind of uncertainty is different.  An opposition between the Sun and Moon is a full moon, of course and both lights are completely visible. In the horoscope, this opposition makes up painfully aware of our duality.  Conscious behaviour and unconscious reaction patterns clash with one an¬other, yet always have something in common because the signs in which they are positioned lie on the same axis.  Therefore, when they are in opposition, the Sun and Moon can complement one another well once they make common cause.  Until such time as they do (and this may take quite a while), the native will suffer from a nagging sense of discomfort and insecurity.

Melbatoast

Post by Melbatoast » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:55 pm

astrologer50 wrote: Sorry hon the link doesnt work or has expired, but you are not asking questions?
Sun Moon oppositionIn the opposition, the kind of uncertainty is different.  An opposition between the Sun and Moon is a full moon, of course and both lights are completely visible. In the horoscope, this opposition makes up painfully aware of our duality.  Conscious behaviour and unconscious reaction patterns clash with one an¬other, yet always have something in common because the signs in which they are positioned lie on the same axis.  Therefore, when they are in opposition, the Sun and Moon can complement one another well once they make common cause.  Until such time as they do (and this may take quite a while), the native will suffer from a nagging sense of discomfort and insecurity.
awesoommmeee....
Yeah I guess that link expired but my bday is march 6 `1985 Vancouver WA if anyone wants...
I am definetley aware of my duality but thought this was the Piscian nature...lol.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Melbatoast wrote:
astrologer50 wrote: Sorry hon the link doesnt work or has expired, but you are not asking questions?
All water signs tends to play on peoples feelings and ontop of that Pisces is a mutable signa and therefore, restless plus like Gemini and Libra rather indecisive and procrastinating, sometimes dreamy, creative and usually all the world and its wife takes their problems to Pisces cos usually they are very sympathetic, caring people..... :smt006

awesoommmeee....
Yeah I guess that link expired but my bday is march 6 `1985 Vancouver WA if anyone wants...
I am definetley aware of my duality but thought this was the Piscian nature...lol.

Bast

Post by Bast » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 pm

I have a Sun/Moon opposition too and both square Mars. What does that mean? I've always felt the duality within me all my life. Like a struggle between two different poles. Only recently, am I beginning to understand this and reconcile it. The moon was in Gemini too. LOL!

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Bast wrote:I have a Sun/Moon opposition too and both square Mars. What does that mean? I've always felt the duality within me all my life. Like a struggle between two different poles. Only recently, am I beginning to understand this and reconcile it. The moon was in Gemini too. LOL!
no substitute for study and research then. This website offers tuition and plenty others cafeastrology is one of my favourite and astro calculates for free and does a 6month free forecast transits...

Sun square mars is wilful
Moon square mars is bossy mother.
Very basically put, but without seeing the chart, who knows.....
then if you do post your chart would expect you to have a go to interpret at bare minimum.......

:smt008

Bast

Post by Bast » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:49 am

astrologer50 wrote:
Bast wrote:I have a Sun/Moon opposition too and both square Mars. What does that mean? I've always felt the duality within me all my life. Like a struggle between two different poles. Only recently, am I beginning to understand this and reconcile it. The moon was in Gemini too. LOL!
no substitute for study and research then. This website offers tuition and plenty others cafeastrology is one of my favourite and astro calculates for free and does a 6month free forecast transits...

Sun square mars is wilful
Moon square mars is bossy mother.
Very basically put, but without seeing the chart, who knows.....
then if you do post your chart would expect you to have a go to interpret at bare minimum.......

:smt008
Thanks! :) Are you flirting with me? That's a mouth-to-mouth kiss. LOL!  :smt006

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Considering i have a son your age, consider it a motherly gesture.... :smt004

Bast

Post by Bast » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:50 pm

astrologer50 wrote:Considering i have a son your age, consider it a motherly gesture.... :smt004
Haha, thanks. :)

Return to “Western Astrology”