Truth about Astrology

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

astrologer50

Truth about Astrology

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:15 pm

THE "T R U T H" ABOUT ASTROLOGY

Astrology is humanity's oldest and most precise mindmap. It cannot, however, accurately predict events. THE STARS' & THE PLANETS HOLD HALF THE ANSWERS: YOU HOLD THE REST! Choices you make within the astrological environment determines what actually happens to you.

We are ALL FREE PEOPLE WITH FREE WILL. No rigid, fatalistic prediction can bind us. There is no astrological event so baleful that creativity, ?intelligence, and honest self appraisal cannot turn it to ?constructive uses and there is no configuration so glorious that selfishness and laziness cannot sour it!

The purpose of modern predictive astrology is to help people make better choices, to clarify the nature of the psychological terrain through which they are passing, and to serve as their ally in the endless, unpredictable task of creating the future!

Astrology CAN be mind boggling in its accuracy, but it can never consistently predict who is going to walk through the doors of your home, work or family environment. It doesn't naturally speak the language of outward, concrete events. The future that astrology foresees with such startling exactitude, doesn't always unfold in the world "out there." It unfolds between your ears and in your heart!

Astrology cannot predict that you're going to wreck your car, win the Lottery or Grand National. It cannot point out in advance the date of your marriage (although certain advantageous conditions CAN make romantic suggestions and overtones that would be fortuitous), your death, or the arrival of your new TV set.
That kind of astrological prophecy is ?misleading, bogus and unreliable.

What modern predictive astrology can do is inform you in advance of the natural rhythms of your life and moods thereby helping you arrange your life (outward experiences) in the happiest, most harmonious and efficient manner!

LOL
Last edited by astrologer50 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 pm

This forum is for doing readings only.  Please post your opinions in the proper place.  Thanks!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Moved to the Western astrology reading forum,

site moderator
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:58 am

Thanks for moving the post, Rishirahul!  

On the topic, I disagree with some of the post.  I read in one of the threads that you use only the Equal House System, astrologer50.  When using only the Equal House System, it is not surprising that you may have difficulty with accurate predictive astrology.  The Equal House system works best for analyzing the personality traits.  You also mentioned Placidus which seems to work best for predictive astrology, although I've seen accurate results with other House systems as well, some of the lesser used and known systems.  Each House system has its own rationale and use...to say that only one "works" is to not be open to other equally (if you'll excuse the pun) good house systems.

As for predicting, astrology is as accurate as the astrologer using it.  I have seen Rishirahul, who I consider a far better astrologer than I, do excellent and highly accurate readings, predictive and otherwise.

Also, if you don't believe that astrology is good for anything beyond a personality analysis, then how do you explain the accuracy of horary charts, relocation charts, solar returns, etc.?  Each, in its own way, predicts something specific about the person's life.  In mundane astrology, I have -- in my own life -- been able to avoid a serious car accident simply because I knew the potential was there, so took extra precautions when driving, and then only barely missed having a serious encounter with another vehicle -- the driver exceedingly drunk.  So, I agree that astrology can only give the potential, the potential often becomes the reality if the individual does not take definitive steps to avoid that potential.

Where the individual has to take responsibility for his/her own life, and each has the capacity and potential to change the future based upon good decision-making, and thoughtful living, I don't think anyone can totally discount the entire field of astrology as having no predictive applications at all.

I look forward to your response.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:23 am

Youdah wrote:Thanks for moving the post, Rishirahul!  

On the topic, I disagree with some of the post.  I read in one of the threads that you use only the Equal House System, astrologer50.  When using only the Equal House System, it is not surprising that you may have difficulty with accurate predictive astrology.  The Equal House system works best for analyzing the personality traits.  You also mentioned Placidus which seems to work best for predictive astrology, although I've seen accurate results with other House systems as well, some of the lesser used and known systems.  Each House system has its own rationale and use...to say that only one "works" is to not be open to other equally (if you'll excuse the pun) good house systems.

As for predicting, astrology is as accurate as the astrologer using it.  I have seen Rishirahul, who I consider a far better astrologer than I, do excellent and highly accurate readings, predictive and otherwise.

Also, if you don't believe that astrology is good for anything beyond a personality analysis, then how do you explain the accuracy of horary charts, relocation charts, solar returns, etc.?  Each, in its own way, predicts something specific about the person's life.  In mundane astrology, I have -- in my own life -- been able to avoid a serious car accident simply because I knew the potential was there, so took extra precautions when driving, and then only barely missed having a serious encounter with another vehicle -- the driver exceedingly drunk.  So, I agree that astrology can only give the potential, the potential often becomes the reality if the individual does not take definitive steps to avoid that potential.

Where the individual has to take responsibility for his/her own life, and each has the capacity and potential to change the future based upon good decision-making, and thoughtful living, I don't think anyone can totally discount the entire field of astrology as having no predictive applications at all. I never said that, perhaps you should re read and not tak SO personally!!
I look forward to your response.
Why do you think just because i teach, lecture and use Equal house that i have a problem with accurate predictive astrology????

"You also mentioned Placidus which seems to work best for predictive astrolo" I have Never said Placidus seems to work best anywhere!! is this wishful thinking??

Why do you insist on taking things out of context?
" if you don't believe that astrology is good for anything beyond a personality analysis, then how do you explain the accuracy of horary charts, relocation charts, solar returns, etc.?  "
Of course astrology is goo for these things, what you seem to be missing is the Essence of the post, which is:
Most people want the answers to simply life's problems, just dropped in their lap without any effort on their part. Same with Tarot readings, somehow people just simply want a majic wand to solve all their problems, without effort on their part!!.....

Most astrology forum do expect people asking questions to put some astroligical thought into it, from their own study or research and that was my only intention to get people to research and study a little rather than just expecting the answers dropped in their lap, cos NO one can do that, do care how good an Astrologer purports to be...... :smt008

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Apparently I misinterpreted your post or the intent of the post.  Perhaps I got the wrong message with statements from above like, It cannot, however, accurately predict events."  

I certainly agree that a lot of people want the "answer" dropped into their lap with only the mere effort of typing in a question here, or elsewhere.  I would find reason to frown at anyone's life who simply drifts along without introspection and continuous learning, whatever the subject.  I have little patience for automatons.  Someone, like yourself, who has studied a variety of esoteric arts/sciences couldn't have gotten very far without soul searching and mindfulness...I applaud the advancement of that philosophy.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 am

Youdah wrote:Apparently I misinterpreted your post or the intent of the post.  Perhaps I got the wrong message with statements from above like, It cannot, however, accurately predict events."  

I certainly agree that a lot of people want the "answer" dropped into their lap with only the mere effort of typing in a question here, or elsewhere.  I would find reason to frown at anyone's life who simply drifts along without introspection and continuous learning, whatever the subject.  I have little patience for automatons.  Someone, like yourself, who has studied a variety of esoteric arts/sciences couldn't have gotten very far without soul searching and mindfulness...I applaud the advancement of that philosophy.
Again, i purport that NO divination including astrology is 100% accurate, whether is tarot, mediumship, clairvoyance, I ching, numerology etc etc.

Problem is lots people have misconceptions about what astrology all these other things can do, and my point was to "lower peoples expectations" to be more realistic.....
LOL :smt004

helena274

Post by helena274 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Youdah wrote:Apparently I misinterpreted your post or the intent of the post.  Perhaps I got the wrong message with statements from above like, It cannot, however, accurately predict events."  
Hi Youdah,

Finally somebody, that writes truth about Astrology. Of course, good Astrologer (but gooood!) can predict many things. What for we have Astrology at all? Some of them give just description how I am! I know myself and don't need such a reading.
If I have predicted true things to more people (it is only my hobby), than professional Astrologer can do much, much more.

Kind regards,
Helena
Nothing is for ever!

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:25 pm

helena274 wrote:
Hi Youdah,

Finally somebody, that writes truth about Astrology. Of course, good Astrologer (but gooood!) can predict many things. What for we have Astrology at all? Some of them give just description how I am! I know myself and don't need such a reading.
If I have predicted true things to more people (it is only my hobby), than professional Astrologer can do much, much more.

Kind regards,
Helena
Did you bother reading the original post? Astrology is a form of psychology, know thyself first and then help others. Astrology CANNOT predict who is going to win the lottery, who is going to walk through your front door next. Who is going to offer you job..... THIS is what astrology is for in the first instance.

Astrology cannot predict if you are King of England or a pauper, it also cannot tell you if you are Schizophrenic or depressive either. May i suggest you  re read 1st post

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:31 am

Amongst other things, astrology is a wonderful tool for understanding yourself and others better.....enabling us to make better choices in life as we become aware of how our behaviour influences what happens to us through the law of cause and effect. Astrology does not reliably predict the future.......But it can provide an excellent insight into the psychological make-up of people, enabling us to accurately predict their behaviour and it's resultant effects

If you intend to learn about astrology, you will need to begin with a natal chart, it need not necessarily be your own, but many choose to begin this way, in an effort to better understand their own life journey, and purpose. Astrological natal charts are as individual as a persons ‘fingerprints’ depending on where (latitude & longitude) and time of birth. It is important to get your *time of your birth* as this is the most important information.

Here are my personal recommend beginners links to focus upon Natal charts:-
I hope that you come here and want to learn about astrology and join in with exchanges. There ever expanding Education forum here and lots more to explore. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=12556 or try http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc/
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natalastrology.html

There are broadly speaking two main branches Astrologers fall into, Horary and natal Astrologers (but if you look at main index you will see lots more, like vocational, electional, mundane etc) will look at questions throughout different forums using techniques like Secondary Progressions, Solar Arcs, Transits, Solar returns, which can take years of studying, research and practise, but if you are truly interested, dive in, you’ll get lots of support, help and advice.

There are all types of Astrologers use this forum but mainly fall into Traditional & Western Astrology, the differences are explained here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_astrology
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp

Traditional astrologers mainly answer Horary questions but lots others also and different rules apply than from natal.

Anyone can ask a horary question. You do not need a birth time to use this method of astrological enquiry. What you do need is the exact time the question was clearly worded in your mind. An experienced horarist can, using the time you have asked the question and the place from which it was asked, explore a particular matter in great detail.

Horary astrology can be used to enquire about health, marriage, love affairs, work matters, travel, relocation and many other matters that affect our daily lives. It can be used to find lost things, people, pets, and many other subjects. Try not to attempt horary without first acquiring a sound knowledge of Natal chart basics though.

Horary astrology learning links
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=12782
http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap2-5.html
http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/tra ... ology.html
http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/les ... sson1.html

House systems
Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
Wikipedia
and others

In the beginning of Liz Greene's (famous prolific author on astrology), “Astrology for Lover's” book there is a good chapter on What astrology can and can't do.
“Astrology is baffling because it works. So, what in fact is a horoscope?
What it's not is a way of foretelling the future, or of determining whether that tall dark stranger will turn up next week. To put it briefly the horoscope is a map of the psyche of the individual. it's a kind of blueprint, a seed plan, a model of the energies and drives which make up a person. Because it's calculated precisely for time and place, it's unique, unlike the sun sign column. Even identical twins are born at least four minutes apart, and in four minutes the picture has shifted.”

Return to “Western Astrology”