venus jupiter conjunction

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Crow

venus jupiter conjunction

Post by Crow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:17 am

The other night  I had seen such a beautiful sight.  Venus and Jupiter lined up on the right side of the moon.  Found out that it was Venus / Jupiter Conjunction.

Would like to know what this means in an Astrological sense.  Been doing a little researching on the internet. But would love to hear from those with more knowledge reguarding this.  

Safe Journey

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:14 am

Instead of just asking someone to drop an answer in your lap, why not share what you learned, so we could start a discussion about it?

Crow

Post by Crow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Youdah wrote:Instead of just asking someone to drop an answer in your lap, why not share what you learned, so we could start a discussion about it?
:smt003

Never was my intention to have anything dropped in my lap.  Like I said I had just briefly been looking into this since I have returned home.  Having seen this a couple of nights ago.  First thought was this reminds me of that story of the Star of Bethlehem when I had seen it in the sky.  This was so beautiful to see.  I do not know that much about Astrology in the aspect of what it means to have these two bodies lined up like that.  

I had searched MB for information reguarding this prior to posting the question.  We all know I am lacking the advanced facilities upstairs reguarding this subject. All I know is the basics reguarding the Astronomy aspect of this alinement.  Would you like for me to talk about that?  Perhaps I had placed this in the wrong forum.  It was just something really neat I had seen in the sky and wondered about the meaning. That's all.  When I get more time I will write down what I had found. Needs some sorting out.  Right now I am really busy with the new baby and didn't have the time to really sort through the researching.  There are different types of this Venus/ Jupiter conjuction. That is one thing I did find out. And it isn't as uncommon as I thought it was, just the certain types.  And yes, there is the belief that this is what the Magi had seen the night of Christ's birth.  Now I am finding that there are different times when this occurrs under different signs.  Since we were in Sagitarius, wouldn't it be with Sag?  And not Capricorn?  Again I am not a student of Astrology, but it doesn't mean that I do not have a real desire to one day understand all this.  

Safe Journey

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:56 pm

I think Youdah's answer to you was a "carrot" to investigate the subject....not to blame or in any way be negative to your question.

Many start that they would like to learn, or like to know, but if we give it a short thought, then we must agree that the subject is vast, and if one shall try to enlighten one and one, then this will be a big task..that few will take on.

Youdah has been so nice that he has donated much of his time to have class in Western Astrology, and there is many students attending.
The more people who attend, the more "action" and activity will it be, because all might have different questions, and by discussing one learn more, and even learn about each other in a nice way, that can lay the foundation for friendship.

The course is free,it is self study, do it in your own time, but of course one will learn most when one follow the progress of other :)

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:06 am

I understand.  The more I looked into this matter the more I see it is a question with so many answers. Where to begin?  Being that there are different venus/jupiter conjunctions under different signs.  They would all have different meanings.  I guess I had gotten overwhelmed with all the information being thrown at me while researching this.  Should have kept it simple and just focused on the meaning of conjunctions. Then what it means to have venus/jupiter in conjunction in reguards to the other night.  The more I looked into it, the more it will have a different influence than when this happened earlier in the year.  If this makes no sense, I appologise, lost in my thoughts right now.  There was no hard feelings in the way Youdah responded.  That is why I smiled.  I enjoy reading the lessons but in no way feel up to speed to really comment on any of those posts.  Just a bit over that noggin of mine.  :smt003

Safe Journey

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:42 pm

Crow wrote:I understand.  The more I looked into this matter the more I see it is a question with so many answers. Where to begin?  Being that there are different venus/jupiter conjunctions under different signs.  They would all have different meanings.  I guess I had gotten overwhelmed with all the information being thrown at me while researching this.  Should have kept it simple and just focused on the meaning of conjunctions. Then what it means to have venus/jupiter in conjunction in reguards to the other night.  The more I looked into it, the more it will have a different influence than when this happened earlier in the year.  If this makes no sense, I appologise, lost in my thoughts right now.  There was no hard feelings in the way Youdah responded.  That is why I smiled.  I enjoy reading the lessons but in no way feel up to speed to really comment on any of those posts.  Just a bit over that noggin of mine.  :smt003

Safe Journey
If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day, but if you teach him to fish you feed him forever....

Venus /Jupiter
cafeastrology.com/natal/planetsaspectsastrology.html
:smt004

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 am

Thank you for the weblink. When I have more brain cells I will review this more in depth. Just really drained at the moment.  I also seen that they had the definition of conjunction on the website you provided. So conjunction apparently hightens things. So when this type of conjunction happens there is a hightening in Venus and in Jupiter.  But wonder since there are different conjunctions with these to planets I found in my Astronomy research if it would add or take away depending on the possition of these two planets.  Also when it was in Sag vs Pisces earlier this year.  Hmmmm...Was it in Pisces?, oh I will have to recheck.  I am just still out of it.  Again thank you for posting this.

Safe Journey

RoseRed

Pictures from Cape Town South Africa

Post by RoseRed » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Here are some pics that my friend took.
xx
Attachments
IMG_6798.JPG
IMG_6798.JPG (101.97 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
IMG_6810.JPG
IMG_6810.JPG (89.86 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:50 pm

WOW yeah, isn't that the most beautiful gathering of heavenly bodies? That is why I was interested in the meaning.  I usually do not get to see these at night since I forget about it. Just happened that I was able to see this that night.  Your friend took some really great pictures! Thanks for sharing them so others can maybe understand what I was talking about.  Simply beautiful gathering. :)

Safe Journey

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:47 am

sounds like you re more interested in stargazing/astronomy than astrology...... :smt009

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:30 am

Actually no...I am more interested in Metaphysics and Psychology.  

I have always seen Astronomy and Astrology as one.  We use Astronomy to know the locations of the plantets, Astrology as the meaning of these different placements and how they can effect us. Kinda like the Moon and the Ocean.  Just the way I learn things I suppose. Not the sharpest pencil in the box, but I still try to write. ;)  I have an intertrest in learning more about these two things as I see it helping my journey with Psychology.  Understanding the deeper aspects, mind, body, spirit.  While fine tuning the gift of vision, through confirmation of dates.

The planets are beautiful though.  I do get excited to see them.

Safe Journey

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:29 pm

well astrology is a form of psychology and hope you go far with your studies. There is supposed to be basic learning course here, but haven't seen where myself.

:smt004

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:51 pm

I have read many buy not all the lessons there.  There is a coarse Youdah was teaching.   Haven't seen him on the board lately lately, hope all is well. Not like him not to post.  Youdah are you still here?  

Well, this is the link.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=114

Safe Journey

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:39 pm

they are great pics!
My absolute pleasure! :)

Yip I'm doing the course too and its been great fun - but with all the festivities going on now in Dec before Christmas; I doubt many will be on the boards for awhile. Was also wondering about where Youdah had disappeared off to :)

oh and crow...
crow wrote:I have always seen Astronomy and Astrology as one.  We use Astronomy to know the locations of the planets, Astrology as the meaning of these different placements and how they can effect us. Kinda like the Moon and the Ocean.  Just the way I learn things I suppose. Not the sharpest pencil in the box, but I still try to write. ;)  I have an interest in learning more about these two things as I see it helping my journey with Psychology.  Understanding the deeper aspects, mind, body, spirit.  While fine tuning the gift of vision, through confirmation of dates.
Nicely said.
Actually beautifully said.
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 am

Ah ha!  Found it... :smt003 Sorry when I first read this I was really overwhelmed with the info. Just didn't click until now.  Sometimes my brain works this way.  But now re-reading it I think I finally understand the conjunction aspect.

LESSION 5.2, ASPECTS and How to Interpret Them-

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... sc&start=0

So Venus and Jupiter conjunction being that they complement eachother...is a possitive.  Venus, love, pleasure, beauty,social, harmony.  Jupiter- Philosophy, Seeking Answers.  Now that it is in Sagitarius, that would be the 9th house which is ruled by Jupiter.  Philosophy, and searching for truth.

So yeah I suppose this was an awesome event indeed.  Think I found the meaning.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  Tried my best to interpret this event.  And the earlier part of the year it was in Aquarius, not Pisces. Which rules the 11 house which is Frienships, Our hopes and wishes.   From the lesson Youdah provided I see that the closer the orb. the less distinct the energy of two planets will be from one another.  That answered the one question I had about if there were different meanings for different conjunctions we see reguarding these two planets.  

Perhaps we are entering a new era after all.  :smt002

Safe Journey

Return to “Western Astrology”