Capricorn Rising

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Bast

Capricorn Rising

Post by Bast » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Apparently I'm a Capricorn Rising but from what I know of it, I so don't feel like one. It's supposed to mean that the person is serious, practical, materialistic, hardworking and business-minded or something like that? I'm so not any of that. I'm the least practical person I know, lazy, not focused on a career at all nor do I feel a need to appear successful nor do I think I'm successful.

I do know that I was born very late in Capricorn Rising, if my birth time was delayed by even a few minutes, I would've been an Aquarius Rising - which is one that I most definitely identify more with. But my birth hour and minutes are accurate - or so I've been told - and so I'm a Capricorn Rising. But I also know that Aquarius was on the East Point.

It's strange for me because I look at other astrological aspects and can definitely identify with them like Sun in Sagittarius or Moon in Gemini. But not Capricorn Rising - it's so not me.

What do you guys think?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 pm

I live by what I myself find right, then I don't need to change the Astrological pictures :)

We are around 6 billion people on earth, I don't think it is so easy that they can put us all into 12 Zodiac sign, even with help of time and place.

We are all unique, we all comes from long lines of living beings, which benefit us in some areas, and decrease us in others.

The Astrology can make a "general" (with some adjustment) reading of you, where we always try to fit in, but it will seldom manage to create "me".

Astrology can give a lot, if you use it as suggestions, and not as solutions....solutions can only be created by you, and your free will, true honest evaluations of your situation :)

astrologer50

Re: Capricorn Rising

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Bast wrote:Apparently I'm a Capricorn Rising but from what I know of it, I so don't feel like one. It's supposed to mean that the person is serious, practical, materialistic, hardworking and business-minded or something like that? I'm so not any of that. I'm the least practical person I know, lazy, not focused on a career at all nor do I feel a need to appear successful nor do I think I'm successful.

I do know that I was born very late in Capricorn Rising, if my birth time was delayed by even a few minutes, I would've been an Aquarius Rising - which is one that I most definitely identify more with. But my birth hour and minutes are accurate - or so I've been told - and so I'm a Capricorn Rising. But I also know that Aquarius was on the East Point.

It's strange for me because I look at other astrological aspects and can definitely identify with them like Sun in Sagittarius or Moon in Gemini. But not Capricorn Rising - it's so not me.

What do you guys think?
Need to see your chart hon to explain matters..... have you got any planets conjunct or in 1st house, please calculate in Equal house system.

Why are you SO definate about time? was it recorded on your birth certificate? I know in Scotland it is, or if your a twin UK...

Mothers are invariably out with time and if you so strongly identify with Aquarius rising then you prob are. Very talkative, chatty, good with computers, electronics, humanitarian, enjoy logic, friendships etc.

Capricorn and Scorpio at the two least sociable signs..... Caps is totally different from Aquarius. Capricorn, Always wants value for money, whether its purchases, people, things (which they hord.....) cant throw anything away. Good at time keeping, understand the value of time, very little sense of humour. Social climbers, hard workers/workaholics....

LOL :smt004

HarmonyStar

Post by HarmonyStar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:50 am

This was interesting. I am a Capricorn rising (Cancer sun). I've always been told I am 'aloof' and sometimes, by those who dont know me too well, far too serious. I can identify with almost all of the traits detailed above - apart from the sense of humour, I do have one of those :o) (although I dont like smutty or racist jokes).

But I haven't always had those traits relating to hard-working, serious or being practical minded. That has only been since my saturn return when I suddenly realised the joy of learning and now, 5 yrs later have worked my way to doing a PhD.

But I echo those thoughts above - go with what feels right. There is some 'dispute' over my husbands time of birth. It appears to be that he is libra rising but he is so much a virgo rising that this is what we go by.

xx

Bast

Post by Bast » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:55 am

Rhutobello wrote:I live by what I myself find right, then I don't need to change the Astrological pictures :)

We are around 6 billion people on earth, I don't think it is so easy that they can put us all into 12 Zodiac sign, even with help of time and place.

We are all unique, we all comes from long lines of living beings, which benefit us in some areas, and decrease us in others.

The Astrology can make a "general" (with some adjustment) reading of you, where we always try to fit in, but it will seldom manage to create "me".

Astrology can give a lot, if you use it as suggestions, and not as solutions....solutions can only be created by you, and your free will, true honest evaluations of your situation :)
Oh I know I'm an individual that's why I wasn't content with being just a Sagittarian and looked deeper to find out other things.  :smt002 I know that astrology will never fully describe me but it's interesting anyway.

Bast

Re: Capricorn Rising

Post by Bast » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:03 am

astrologer50 wrote:
Bast wrote:Apparently I'm a Capricorn Rising but from what I know of it, I so don't feel like one. It's supposed to mean that the person is serious, practical, materialistic, hardworking and business-minded or something like that? I'm so not any of that. I'm the least practical person I know, lazy, not focused on a career at all nor do I feel a need to appear successful nor do I think I'm successful.

What do you guys think?
Need to see your chart hon to explain matters..... have you got any planets conjunct or in 1st house, please calculate in Equal house system.

Why are you SO definate about time? was it recorded on your birth certificate? I know in Scotland it is, or if your a twin UK...

Mothers are invariably out with time and if you so strongly identify with Aquarius rising then you prob are. Very talkative, chatty, good with computers, electronics, humanitarian, enjoy logic, friendships etc.

Capricorn and Scorpio at the two least sociable signs..... Caps is totally different from Aquarius. Capricorn, Always wants value for money, whether its purchases, people, things (which they hord.....) cant throw anything away. Good at time keeping, understand the value of time, very little sense of humour. Social climbers, hard workers/workaholics....

LOL :smt004
Hey! :) Yes, my birth certificate has the time of birth on it. My mother was under C-section so the doctor must've recorded it.

Okay, now that you've put it that way, I can see a few Capricorn rising qualities in me like "value for money, hording things" and especially being the least sociable. That's me. And yet, I'm not a social climber or workaholic - no way! LOL!

Actually, I see myself as a direct mix between a Capricorn rising and Aquarius Rising. I guess my question is, is that possible? Like you're born so borderline between that you get a mix of both but not necessarily the best of both worlds. Especially with Aquarius being in the East Point - don't know what that is.

:smt017

Bast

Post by Bast » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:09 am

HarmonyStar wrote:This was interesting. I am a Capricorn rising (Cancer sun). I've always been told I am 'aloof' and sometimes, by those who dont know me too well, far too serious. I can identify with almost all of the traits detailed above - apart from the sense of humour, I do have one of those :o) (although I dont like smutty or racist jokes).

But I haven't always had those traits relating to hard-working, serious or being practical minded. That has only been since my saturn return when I suddenly realised the joy of learning and now, 5 yrs later have worked my way to doing a PhD.

But I echo those thoughts above - go with what feels right. There is some 'dispute' over my husbands time of birth. It appears to be that he is libra rising but he is so much a virgo rising that this is what we go by.

xx
I've always loved learning - in fact, if I could I want to make that my career. But I don't like working in a job, holding down a 9-5 and getting into routine.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:01 pm

~So, where your chart and question then? :smt004

Bast

Post by Bast » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 am

I've sent you my chart. :)

purple_dust

Post by purple_dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:51 pm

I actually hate my Cap rising because I've came to realize people see me as a dead-serious person, and that's the mask I adopt since people seem shocked when I am being artistic or carefree as I feel I am (I'm a Libra, by the way).

To me, Cap rising is not my personality, is the restriction placed upon it.
---------------------------------------------------
Everyday is like Sunday... well except for Blue Monday, Ruby Tuesday and Friday I'm in love

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:11 am

purple_dust wrote:I actually hate my Cap rising because I've came to realize people see me as a dead-serious person, and that's the mask I adopt since people seem shocked when I am being artistic or carefree as I feel I am (I'm a Libra, by the way).

To me, Cap rising is not my personality, is the restriction placed upon it.
Well considering you have sun and mars in 10th of Capricorn, you better get used to it. So maybe you come over as sociaboe, diplomatic, procrastinating, indecisive, calculating, hard working, cautious, always want value for money, hord things..... all Cappi traits.

Plus your Mercury is in 9th house of Sagittarius, which would be excellent for study, philosophy, travel, religion, higher education. Could even study abroad....

Bast

Post by Bast » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:04 pm

My family has my birth charts made up for me - I come from a family and culture fairly into the occult but I can't find them so I got one from this site. I just hope it's accurate.

I'm just getting into astrology and a few months ago I wouldn't have had a clue how this chart worked. But correct me if I'm wrong but in my chart everything is above the horizon except the Moon? I was born on the full moon. Also, like I said before I just got in on Capricorn Rising, a few minutes later and I would've been an Aquarius Rising.

What is the significance of having Venus in the ascendant sign? How does that impact my life? I had a palm reading done once and the first thing the man said to me when he looked at my palm was that I love all things that beautiful or I'm really in love with beauty. I wonder if this relates back to Venus's position. And yes, this is very true in life whether it's me producing a report for work or taking photos or watching movies - something I've just realised fairly recently.

Also, been thinking about Capricorn rising. I can see myself as one but it's a funny thing. I just keep thinking does Aquarius play a bigger role in my life than it suggests on the chart?

Thanks for all your insights.  :) Please help me learn more about myself and about astrology.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Well there is a Learning forum on this website, which should help. Nice to hear to your want to learn more. There are lots of free resources online...

Above the horizon and just moon below suggests a bucket chart with moon as handle.

Most planets above horizon, everything is reversed in Astrology. So West is East =Asc, north and south reversed too..

The Southern Hemisphere is comprised of Houses 7 through 12--the upper half of the chart (above the horizon). This is the social, objective, and collective portion of the chart. People with the majority of planets found in the Southern hemisphere tend to be more objective, sociable, and concerned with "outside" events, whether they affect them on a personal level or not.

The Bucket
In this pattern is indicated a desire to become associated with activity that is in the mainstream of social function so that you would feel that you "belonged". Your position is often a unilateral one that expects the world to discover you and what you have to offer (for its own good!). You will probably behave according to the nature of the planet that forms the handle to your chart pattern. Irrespective of what your Sun sign is, there will be strong evidence of this planetary dynamic in how you go about your business and the basic energy you generally use.

Venus in 12th house can suggest secret love affairs
Venus here may indicate that you are affectionate in private but unwilling to display affection openly.Venus may also suggest that you deny your desire for an intimate partner, or relate primarily to fantasy, rather than the person in front of you. Your hidden weaknesses are likely to be excessive ¬self love, vanity, self indulgence, or materialism

Sun opposite moon suggests your parents were opposites but prob compliemented each other. Your Moon in Gemini in 5th house of Love affairs, romance and children, self employment, recreations etc.

Gemini is very restless, procrastinating, doesn't like making decisions (actually prefers others to make them). Perhaps thats what you need to learn regarding 5th house matters. Leo is natural ruler here and its a fixed house, very showy, people have to look the part, act the part and big displays of affection...

Having 3planets in 8th house of Scorpio is important cos it shows a focus there on 8th house matters. Sex, conception, occult, joint/shares finances resources, good of the deceased etc. psychic interests

Bast

Post by Bast » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:57 pm

astrologer50 wrote:Well there is a Learning forum on this website, which should help. Nice to hear to your want to learn more. There are lots of free resources online...

Above the horizon and just moon below suggests a bucket chart with moon as handle.

Most planets above horizon, everything is reversed in Astrology. So West is East =Asc, north and south reversed too..

The Southern Hemisphere is comprised of Houses 7 through 12--the upper half of the chart (above the horizon). This is the social, objective, and collective portion of the chart. People with the majority of planets found in the Southern hemisphere tend to be more objective, sociable, and concerned with "outside" events, whether they affect them on a personal level or not.

The Bucket
In this pattern is indicated a desire to become associated with activity that is in the mainstream of social function so that you would feel that you "belonged". Your position is often a unilateral one that expects the world to discover you and what you have to offer (for its own good!). You will probably behave according to the nature of the planet that forms the handle to your chart pattern. Irrespective of what your Sun sign is, there will be strong evidence of this planetary dynamic in how you go about your business and the basic energy you generally use.

Venus in 12th house can suggest secret love affairs
Venus here may indicate that you are affectionate in private but unwilling to display affection openly.Venus may also suggest that you deny your desire for an intimate partner, or relate primarily to fantasy, rather than the person in front of you. Your hidden weaknesses are likely to be excessive ¬self love, vanity, self indulgence, or materialism

Sun opposite moon suggests your parents were opposites but prob compliemented each other. Your Moon in Gemini in 5th house of Love affairs, romance and children, self employment, recreations etc.

Gemini is very restless, procrastinating, doesn't like making decisions (actually prefers others to make them). Perhaps thats what you need to learn regarding 5th house matters. Leo is natural ruler here and its a fixed house, very showy, people have to look the part, act the part and big displays of affection...

Having 3planets in 8th house of Scorpio is important cos it shows a focus there on 8th house matters. Sex, conception, occult, joint/shares finances resources, good of the deceased etc. psychic interests
Thanks. I've learned a lot of new things in the past few days starting with patterns like the bucket as you've said for my chart.

And generally about reading astrology charts. I'm understanding a lot more now. I was interested more in astronomy before but now this can complement it.

One thing though, my moon is apparently in the 4th house according to that site. Do you believe that it should be in the 5th for some reason?

I can't believe what a big role the moon plays in my chart. Full moon, handle planet and as a singleton in its own hemisphere. This makes sense in terms of the duality that's innate in me in terms of many things.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical of astrology in the past. I thought it, unlike palmistry, attempted to explain someone using a single moment of time and was unrealistic. Palmistry reflects the living changes in one's palms.

And yet I'm still drawn to astrology and I will come to fully rationalize it internally one day I suppose. Right now, I'm still feeling like someone who was born right next to me would have the same astrological chart as me and that's not right for me. But that's something for me to think about and reflect.

Thanks!  :smt006

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Venus in Capricorn is not terribly romantic but practical, very calculating, wants to add some value to their lives, can marry an older person of 'means' or financial stability is important, as is prestige, status and social standing...

In 12th house of Pisces will not openly show affection and be rather self sacrificing, sensitive and need time alone to reflect on matters.

Cannot find your chart luv, if i said its in 5th house it was cos i use Equal house system and you prob calculated it in Placidus, unequal house system

Your natal chart is as individual as a fingerprint, with the data, DOB, time of birth and lat and long ie; nearest town, city.

Sounds like your mind is still in the 'Sun sign magazine articles' syndrome and as i hope you appreciate there is far more to astrology than solar sun signs...... :smt004

Return to “Western Astrology”