Earth Signs in birth charts

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

grrrlriot

Earth Signs in birth charts

Post by grrrlriot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:30 am

I seem to have a lack of earth signs in my birth chart. What does this mean?

Duncan

earth signs

Post by Duncan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi grrrlriot. I take it you mean a lack of major planets/ascendant/nodes etc in Taurus, Capricorn and Virgo? There are so many different factors working in a birthchart it's hard to comment without further information. There may be some important aspects you've overlooked. If you give me date of birth, place and time (if possible)  I'll have a look on my birthcharts CD and see what I can find. I don't know an awful lot about astrology in general, but always willing to have a go (Taurus Sun, Leo Ascendant!) :-)
Blessings x
let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:36 pm

In the meantime, I Googled your question and got this:
"Some people actually show a lack of an element, in which case there is a side to their personality which is undeveloped, or something which they are not consciously in contact with and which needs to be cultivated in order to achieve a fully developed and well-rounded life. In your chart, there is a lack of the earth element, which means you feel uncomfortable just living here in the mundane world, and are not naturally attuned to the limitations of the body, the earth, or the "material plane" you see around you. It is likely you will find more fulfillment going on a spiritual quest, transcending the limitations of this earthly plane, pursuing your gifted imagination, psyche or mind and following it to its end--whether it be art, beauty, music, religion, or some other worldly pursuit. The biggest lesson here is to learn to keep at least one foot planted on the ground, or to realize that those around you--especially those with earth signs--can help you find your way in the world as you look heavenward."
...and that's from Bill Gates' chart; you could be in good company then!
Till later.....

grrrlriot

Re: earth signs

Post by grrrlriot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:43 pm

Duncan wrote:Hi grrrlriot. I take it you mean a lack of major planets/ascendant/nodes etc in Taurus, Capricorn and Virgo? There are so many different factors working in a birthchart it's hard to comment without further information. There may be some important aspects you've overlooked. If you give me date of birth, place and time (if possible)  I'll have a look on my birthcharts CD and see what I can find. I don't know an awful lot about astrology in general, but always willing to have a go (Taurus Sun, Leo Ascendant!) :-)
Blessings x
Hi Duncan! :) Thanks for your response! Yes, that's what I meant. My rising sign is Virgo, but other than that, I don't have many earth signs in my western astrology birth chart. (Sun: Pisces, Moon: Scorpio, Rising: Virgo) However, in my sidereal and draconic charts, they do seem to have earth signs in them. Here's the information you wanted:
DOB: March 4, 1983
Time: 6:57 pm (18:57 pm)
POB: Jefferson City, Tennessee, USA
I don't know anything when it comes to reading birth charts. I would like to learn how to read them. Thanks for wanting to help and for having a go at mine!

grrrlriot

Post by grrrlriot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Duncan wrote:In the meantime, I Googled your question and got this:
"Some people actually show a lack of an element, in which case there is a side to their personality which is undeveloped, or something which they are not consciously in contact with and which needs to be cultivated in order to achieve a fully developed and well-rounded life. In your chart, there is a lack of the earth element, which means you feel uncomfortable just living here in the mundane world, and are not naturally attuned to the limitations of the body, the earth, or the "material plane" you see around you. It is likely you will find more fulfillment going on a spiritual quest, transcending the limitations of this earthly plane, pursuing your gifted imagination, psyche or mind and following it to its end--whether it be art, beauty, music, religion, or some other worldly pursuit. The biggest lesson here is to learn to keep at least one foot planted on the ground, or to realize that those around you--especially those with earth signs--can help you find your way in the world as you look heavenward."
...and that's from Bill Gates' chart; you could be in good company then!
Till later.....
Thanks for this information! It was quite interesting to read. I guess I share a lack of earth elements with Bill Gates. haha

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:30 am

Don't know a lot about U.S. time zones - sorry - as I live in Central England. My program is working on a six-hour time difference between GMT and Jefferson City. Is that correct? If so, you seem to have a Libra ascendant, and that's for Placidus, Koch and Equal houses. I have found your chart on another part of this site but can only get mine to concur with that if I put in a birth time of 1757 for Jefferson City on that day; that would be a five-hour difference from GMT. Help?

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:41 am

Well, lack of planets in earth is the sign of a moneymaker, but obviously not terrribly practical. There are loads on online resources that i have posted on this forum, So please study, research, ask questions, buy books and keep up with the enthusiam..... :smt003

meanwhile:-
LACK OF PLANETS IN EARTH (zero or one)
Earth
Earth signs are not naturally self assured. So by way of compensation this seems to be the mark of the MONEY MAKER, for this group finds both financial and emotional security important! They can be go getter in the material sense. Wanting a nice home in a good section of town, money in the bank and lots of love. THEY DON'T FUNCTION WELL LIVING FROM WEEK TO WEEK   THEY NEED MORE SECURITY THAT. People with No Earth are MORE LIKELY TO SUFFER IN THEIR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS. Love is important, emotional security is ¬necessary; therefore, they often CLING TO UNPRODUCTIVE ¬RELATIONSHIPS RATHER THAN FACE THE POSSIBILITY OF STANDING ALONE. These people stay in a bad marriage because of the house or the life style or the income.

This would indicate a lack of practical applications and dependability in some way. Persons with little or no earth TEND TO INFLATE ISSUES OUT OF ALL PROPORTION TO THEIR ACTUAL SIGNIFICANCE, AND AT THE SAME TIME NEGLECT THE ISSUES THAT REALLY DO HAVE IMMEDIATE IMPORTANCE. A person who has no or little earth, easily loses track of themselves and could become totally wrapped up in a world or illusions and MAY WELL LACK DETERMINATION TO FOLLOW THROUGH PLANS lack! This shows a decided inability to get too excited about life`s realities, especially when they make heavy demands in personal accountability and participation.  What often happens is that this person may feel out of touch in some way with the real world.

grrrlriot

Post by grrrlriot » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Duncan wrote:Don't know a lot about U.S. time zones - sorry - as I live in Central England. My program is working on a six-hour time difference between GMT and Jefferson City. Is that correct? If so, you seem to have a Libra ascendant, and that's for Placidus, Koch and Equal houses. I have found your chart on another part of this site but can only get mine to concur with that if I put in a birth time of 1757 for Jefferson City on that day; that would be a five-hour difference from GMT. Help?
Virgo is my ascendant. I chat to alot of people from the UK and there is 5 hours difference in my time and the UK's time. My time zone is EST...eastern standard time. 18:57 pm is the correct time. Sorry for my slow response. I had to work Saturday and Sunday, but I'm now responding to you.

grrrlriot

Post by grrrlriot » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 pm

astrologer50 wrote:Well, lack of planets in earth is the sign of a moneymaker, but obviously not terrribly practical. There are loads on online resources that i have posted on this forum, So please study, research, ask questions, buy books and keep up with the enthusiam..... :smt003

meanwhile:-
LACK OF PLANETS IN EARTH (zero or one)
Earth
Earth signs are not naturally self assured. So by way of compensation this seems to be the mark of the MONEY MAKER, for this group finds both financial and emotional security important! They can be go getter in the material sense. Wanting a nice home in a good section of town, money in the bank and lots of love. THEY DON'T FUNCTION WELL LIVING FROM WEEK TO WEEK   THEY NEED MORE SECURITY THAT. People with No Earth are MORE LIKELY TO SUFFER IN THEIR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS. Love is important, emotional security is ¬necessary; therefore, they often CLING TO UNPRODUCTIVE ¬RELATIONSHIPS RATHER THAN FACE THE POSSIBILITY OF STANDING ALONE. These people stay in a bad marriage because of the house or the life style or the income.

This would indicate a lack of practical applications and dependability in some way. Persons with little or no earth TEND TO INFLATE ISSUES OUT OF ALL PROPORTION TO THEIR ACTUAL SIGNIFICANCE, AND AT THE SAME TIME NEGLECT THE ISSUES THAT REALLY DO HAVE IMMEDIATE IMPORTANCE. A person who has no or little earth, easily loses track of themselves and could become totally wrapped up in a world or illusions and MAY WELL LACK DETERMINATION TO FOLLOW THROUGH PLANS lack! This shows a decided inability to get too excited about life`s realities, especially when they make heavy demands in personal accountability and participation.  What often happens is that this person may feel out of touch in some way with the real world.
Hi astrologer50! :) Thanks again for responding to my questions. I really appreciate your replies. I have to say that this does sound a little bit like me. Oddly, Virgo is my rising sign and is an earth sign...ascendant and its pretty much the only major earth sign I have in my birth chart.

Bast

Post by Bast » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 am

For me, Capricorn is my rising sign and I also have Venus in it. Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are in Virgo. That's 4 planets in Earth signs. Nothing in Taurus. I don't think I have more than 2 of any other sign.

I'm just getting in this and really understanding how it works. The other day I was reading about this and it said that the more planets you have in a sign the more deficient you are in that said sign's qualities? That would make sense for me in a sense that I'm not pracitical, structured or grounded. It said that the more signs you're missing, the more you try to make up for them in real life.

grrrlriot

Post by grrrlriot » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Bast wrote:For me, Capricorn is my rising sign and I also have Venus in it. Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are in Virgo. That's 4 planets in Earth signs. Nothing in Taurus. I don't think I have more than 2 of any other sign.

I'm just getting in this and really understanding how it works. The other day I was reading about this and it said that the more planets you have in a sign the more deficient you are in that said sign's qualities? That would make sense for me in a sense that I'm not pracitical, structured or grounded. It said that the more signs you're missing, the more you try to make up for them in real life.
Wow, you do seem to have ALOT of earth signs in your chart. I have a lack of earth in my chart. That's probably true about the more signs your missing, the more you try to make up for them in real life.

Return to “Western Astrology”