DUADS

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

purple_dust

DUADS

Post by purple_dust » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:18 am

I'm very desperate to better understand myself and my purpose in life...

I recently discovered this technique which says that our natal chart is the most tangible map of ourselves but the DUAD chart shows how our subconscious works... and I made myself one and it makes sense!

I have this desire to "verbalize" my very strong feelings.. this urge to make art ("to write") and, for example, my DUAD sun is in Gemini and my DUAD MOON, MERCURY AND VENUS fall in Scorpio.

Eventhough people have said from some of the political articles I've made that they've like how I've written I'm still hesitating about pursuing it as a career because 1st) I want to be "succesful" (Capricorn Rising, Aries Moon, Leo South Node) and 2nd) because of my lack of confidence...
(I have my Saturn, Neptune and Uranus in 12th house and all of them square my Mercury which can indicate I'm wasting my creativity)

So, my question is how has been your experience with DUADS (or Dwads), does it really relate to you in a less conscious level??  I want to know if I'm lacking objectivity and whether this chart shows my path and not only my desires...
---------------------------------------------------
Everyday is like Sunday... well except for Blue Monday, Ruby Tuesday and Friday I'm in love

astrologer50

Re: DUADS

Post by astrologer50 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:45 am

purple_dust wrote:I'm very desperate to better understand myself and my purpose in life...

I recently discovered this technique which says that our natal chart is the most tangible map of ourselves but the DUAD chart shows how our subconscious works... and I made myself one and it makes sense!

I have this desire to "verbalize" my very strong feelings.. this urge to make art ("to write") and, for example, my DUAD sun is in Gemini and my DUAD MOON, MERCURY AND VENUS fall in Scorpio.

Eventhough people have said from some of the political articles I've made that they've like how I've written I'm still hesitating about pursuing it as a career because 1st) I want to be "succesful" (Capricorn Rising, Aries Moon, Leo South Node) and 2nd) because of my lack of confidence...
(I have my Saturn, Neptune and Uranus in 12th house and all of them square my Mercury which can indicate I'm wasting my creativity)

So, my question is how has been your experience with DUADS (or Dwads), does it really relate to you in a less conscious level??  I want to know if I'm lacking objectivity and whether this chart shows my path and not only my desires...
Never heard of 'Duads' is this something in Vedic astrology? From what you have said, (which is hard to evaluate without seeing the chart) it does look like your Mercury is very challenged. If you want a proper evaluation, post your chart please.

If you are wanting to know your 'life's purpose' you look to North Node, not South Node cos that's the part that's holding you back from reaching your potential.

If you go to ... edited... You may share your viewsand not direct them to your own site...moderator
nodesofthemoon you will get an idea of what sign and house position is applicable to you.

babulupmg

Post by babulupmg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:07 am

Dwadasamsa usually abbreviated as “dwad” in the western astrology.  

Leipert, the mentor of Thyrza Escobar the eminent astrologer who wrote the book “the 144 Doors of the Zodiac”, a Dwad technique, used the term Duodenary and Duodecimal which means twelfth .

Liepert gave due credit to the Hindus for the Dwads; but he also contended the the Dwads must have been known and used by the Chaldean astrologers as well.  

Here each sign of 30 degrees is divided into 12 parts consisting of 2.30 degrees each, making the zodiac into 144 duodenary divisions.
She expressed that ‘There is zodiac within each sign. And there is also a wheel of houses within ach sign’.
On the page of her book it is available the classification of dwad.

Personal interests 1,5 and 9th dwads

Beginnings, current interests, present 1
Enterprises from personal past, play 5
Trends and plans and personal future 9

Achievement 2,6 and 10 dwads

Talents, resources with which to work 2
How native adjusts and works it out 6
How native masters and achieves 10

Relatedness 3,7 and 11 dwads

‘Kin folk’ relatives by blood                 3
Those met; openly for or against                 7
Those known associates 11

Feelings 4,8 and 12 dwads

Familiar feelings, sense of roots                4
Intense emotion, sex, release                8
Unconscious, undercurrents repression 12

In table 25 on page 44 she categorised how Native moves along through life

The Physical world and how the native Acts 1,4,7 and 10 dwads1dwad Native himself, own actions, wherever he is in
4th dwad At home or on familiar ground, end of matters
7th dwad In public or openly with others
10 dwad In command or regarding authority

The Emotional world and how the native expresses emotion 2,5,8 and 11
dwads

2 dwad About what native has and what he values, tangibly.
5 dwad About heart interests, loved ones, dramatically.
8 dwad About intense emotions, transitions, investigatingly.
11 dwad About friends, associates, circumstances, wishfully.

The Mental World and how the native thinks 3,6,9 12 dwads

3 dwad The conscious, concretely (reason)
6 dwad The subconscious, automatically (habit)
9 dwad The super conscious, abstractly(theory)
12 dwad The unconscious, imaginatively(fantasy),intuitively(mystery).

The book can be had from American Federation of Astrologers, Arizona, USA.
kvdpmkmarijani8amritha

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:26 am

Sounds similar to Decantes where each sign can be split into 3groups of 10each so for eg: Aries first 10' is pure aries, second is Leo influenced and third is Sagittarius influenced.

There are far more interesting things and 'basics' to be studying before looking into such minor matters......

There are online lessons here and elsewhere that are well worth researching.  :smt003

babulupmg

Post by babulupmg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:27 am

These are called hormonics in western astrology.  In hindu astrology these are called shodasavargas.
These are not at all minor things.  Regularly we deal with all these things in vedic as well as western astrology
kvdpmkmarijani8amritha

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 pm

babulupmg wrote:These are called hormonics in western astrology.  In hindu astrology these are called shodasavargas.
These are not at all minor things.  Regularly we deal with all these things in vedic as well as western astrology
So then perhaps moderators should move this to Vedic astrologer, cos this IS western astrologery forum...

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

astrologer50 wrote:
babulupmg wrote:These are called hormonics in western astrology.  In hindu astrology these are called shodasavargas.
So then perhaps moderators should move this to Vedic astrologer, cos this IS western astrologery forum...

Hello,

The topic is about 'Duads' in Western Astrology, of which astrologer50 claimed no knowledge of.

Babulji, is the author of many astrology books and has researched Astrology in various forms, has kindly explained the meaning of 'duads' in Western astrology, it being a western astrology term and has also related its similarity with Vedic.

Thus the topic is not out of context for Western astrology.

site modertor
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

sunmystic

Re: DUADS

Post by sunmystic » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 pm

purple_dust wrote:I'm very desperate to better understand myself and my purpose in life...

purple_dust, Desire rules, know your desires, they are your world. Your desires are your path. Dwads is showing you both because they "desires and path" are the same.

just love,

sun

Return to “Western Astrology”