Sidereal Astrology Vs. Tropical Astrology

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:48 pm

i know..its so much of a confusion. I am Leo by sunsigns, Sagittarius by vedic( Purvashada Nakshtra). but anyways at the end its up to u what u r:))

AMANUSH-FORCE

Post by AMANUSH-FORCE » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:32 pm

Oh yes i do believe in theory of co-existing and also hate the bashing... :smt014

Western astrology gives its great results but the thing is that it is definitely limited as a whole concept if you compare it to vedic astrology which covers wide range of reading including prasna tantra. :smt008

I am not a researcher of WHICH ONE IS BETTER but from what i have experienced i have found western somewhat limited if compared to vedic astrology. :smt013

marbeh13

hi vishwas

Post by marbeh13 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:10 pm

:)

I will get around (eventually) to taking a look at your niece's chart. And I am happy to do this, but I can't promise when.

Things keep coming up that demand my attention. .

morton :smt020

marbeh13

Hi Amunish

Post by marbeh13 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:12 am

Hi - :)

I am not certain I understand you. You say you have no wish to butt heads, but then you unequivocally state that Vedic Astrology is better than Western Astrology, citing a particular ‘Tantra’ as your authority.

And, if we are speaking of a particular TRADITION I can understand why you feel that way. But the sanskrit word ‘Tantra’ also has another
meaning; it can also refer to a Higher Knowledge which comes, not from books, but from a direct contact with (for example) the
omnisciene of Isvara.

In fact, in one of his commentaries on the Yoga Sutras, the great Vyasa states that while 'tradition' can point the way to a student,its is only this
Higher Knowledge (and he used the word 'tantra' hee) which can 'touch' the highest levels. And, of course, Vyasa was referring to one of the highest levels of samadhi or 'trance' (as some like to call it).

But it seems it is in samadhi where a student can actually make contact with Isvara.

Yes, your traditions can be most helpful, and obviously those of Vedic Astrology work for you; and you feel comfortable using them.

But how, then, can you feel certain they will work for a Cabalist, a Western European, and American Indian, (and etc.) --? -All of these come from a cultural tradition which is quite different from yours.

morton :smt020

p.s. My so-called 'astrology' is NOT what passes for everyday Western Astrology. I am constantly looking for the Spiritual Principles
behind each sign, each house and each statement. And, to behonest, I often feel that very little of what I say actually comes across to anyone.

Sometimes I wonder if I understand what I am saying? Isn't life a gas!

AMANUSH-FORCE

Hello MORTON...

Post by AMANUSH-FORCE » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:27 am

citing a particular ‘Tantra’ as your authority.

I am not citing any tantra as my authority.Do you know what is prasna tantra.It is the thing which you call HORARY ASTROLOGY :smt017

But the sanskrit word ‘Tantra’ also has another
meaning; it can also refer to a Higher Knowledge which comes, not from books, but from a direct contact with (for example) the
omnisciene of Isvara.

Morton i know the meaning of tantra.The prasna tantra or horary astro depends largely on the intution of astrologer and the thing you call "it can also refer to a Higher Knowledge which comes, not from books, but from a direct contact with (for example) the
omnisciene of Isvara."

Which PADHATI or PATH you follow is upto your will .Definitely i feel more comfortable using vedic while you will be more comfortable in western.Whichever path you follow for a successful prediction you will need to have TWO things
*VAK SIDDHI[Your speech turns out to be a fruitful prediction]
*INTUTIONAL and SPIRITUAL [pertaining to inner spirit]bent of mind :smt011

Only knowledge of faculties of astology and vast knowledge would not help.

AMANUSH-FORCE :smt020

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:16 am

Well first things first, After what anyone & everyone says, in the end the type of astrology u believe in & which u are comfortable in is what matters. Well i use Westren & Chinese Astrology to know more about the Characteristics of a person & abit of Westren & a lot of Vedic to predictions, (well i cannot predict as of now :smt087 , but software's do :smt003 ) & yes as i said eariler, intution does really matter here.

& let me be honext, i don't remember using Prasana Tantra, (though i think i have that software) & there is one software called solar fire, i will try to use it today & tell about it.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:43 pm

how accurate are these softwares, since i have now come to know frm ur discussions that intuition is needed too?

tarun_Ce

Post by tarun_Ce » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:25 am

hello swetha ,
how are u

can u please post some articles related to western astrology too and for the planets placed in certain sign.as u did in planets and houses forum initially...

please do that...and kindly suggest abt the sqaure and oppotion and semi sqaure aspets

thanks
tarun.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:17 am

Well the softwares are accurate in some ways & inaccurate in other matters, I have used Horoscope Explorer & i find it good & my friend is trying to use it professionally & make & sell reports, but that is upto him.

I have used it 2 or 3 times & find it as a good one. & i am right now using Kepler & Parashara's Light & both are good in some ways & very confusing in many other ways. I still haven't been able to check Solar fire.

But here are some reviews which may help u to know more.

Solar Fire: http://www.astrologysoftwareshop.com/ch ... eviews.htm

Kepler: http://www.astrosoftware.com/KEPLER.HTM

Parashara's Light: http://www.astrologysoftwareshop.com/ch ... eviews.htm

All the Solar Fire & Parashara's Light are in version 6 & Kepler is in version 7.

I will be able to tell more later.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:53 am

ok.. thanks Vishwas.. will look into it.
swetha

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 am

Hey i found a cool thing in Kepler today, it says about ur characterisctics according to ur horoscope & it was fantastic, it was accurate in what it told about me & 5 of my other friends, all of them agreed to it too. & unfortunately it is a audio file, but if it gives in writing too, then i will put up a post here & anyone interested can post & know about them too. I will get back on this.

Return to “Western Astrology”