lunar eclipse in my moon sign

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

msamericanangel

lunar eclipse in my moon sign

Post by msamericanangel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 am

The lunar eclipse this week happens in my natal moon sign. What if anything does that mean for me. Thank you for your help

April 29 1970 936pm
Charlotte NC USA
Charlotte NC USA

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:57 pm

"Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn
>> Read the entire Eclipse story and comment,.. AT THE BLOG: << vedicastrologycenter.net/blog/astrology-forecast/august-5-lunar-eclipse-in-capricorn/
The lunar eclipse occurs halfway through the solar cycle where the nodal axis rests. Since last May the nodal axis has been in Cancer/Capricorn.

A couple of weeks ago we had a very powerful solar eclipse in cancer. This eclipse is compelling us to concentrate on issues related to trusting our feelings and intuition. It throws down a very important and complicated challenge to us all. We must examine the difference between our emotions and our deeper, intuitive wisdom. It's very confusing area of life that many people have a hard time even recognizing, let alone examining.

Our feelings feel like our feelings, what's the difference between "emotions", "intuition" - it all feels the same. Well, they're not only different, they're completely opposite. Our intuition is the source of our wisdom as a being - and the wisdom of all beings. Our emotions take us totally away from that wisdom. Intuition is calm and peaceful - like the surface of a lake with no waves. The emotions are extreme. Wave after wave. When we look at the surface of a lake with no waves, we can see all the way to the bottom. It is clear. But drop just one pebble into the water and it creates enough ways obscure our vision. We can't see to the bottom anymore. The same thing is true with our mind. The waves of emotion obscure our true nature.

Yet many times we say "I'm so intuitive" or "I'm just going to trust my intuition here" and we make terrible mistakes. We were not trusting our intuition - we were trusting our emotions. The emotions are based on our fears - our desires - they are very biased toward what we want and certain buttons that are pushed based on our past conditioning, habits and routines - what is familiar, what we're comfortable with - not necessarily what is good for us. That's why if we had a difficult past, we will gravitate toward difficult experiences in the future.

When we are deciding what to do, we will tell ourselves that we're following our "intuition". But it usually is not our intuition, unless we've calmed our mind in some way. This process and connection to our emotional life originates from the moon and is expressed through the sign of cancer, where we have this current solar eclipse cycle."

msamericanangel

Post by msamericanangel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:45 am

Then why am I hearing that the lunar eclipse is in Aquarius which is where my natal moon is.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Either the info I got is wrong or what you were hearing is wrong. Aqaurius is very close to Capricorn in the zodiac. Might be worth checking some other sources. I have found astrology from the sight that sent me that info to be quite accurate and insightful.

Maybe you thought it was in your moon sign so that you would ask about it and find something you needed to hear.

msamericanangel

Post by msamericanangel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Eclipses bring changes, good and bad. Usually they come in pairs twice a year, but this summer we will have 3 eclipses: a lunar on July 7, a dramatic total solar eclipse on July 21 and now a partial eclipse of the Moon on August 5. The eclipse will be completely visible over Africa and Europe and South America. It will be seen rising over eastern North America and setting over Asia. During a lunar eclipse, the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon, casting its shadow on the Moon.

Eclipses are like big exclamation points and since this eclipse is in Aquarius, a sign that is focused on the workings of the larger group or community, expect confusing leadership situations, power struggles and sharp words. In addition to the heightened emotions of this full Moon, an active pattern of planetary aspects also adds drama to this eclipse. The placement of Aquarius in your personal chart will define how it impacts your life over the next five months.

If Aquarius is in your First or Seventh House, the eclipse will signal a period of personal development and growth. And if Aquarius is in your Seventh House, the focus will be on growth and development in your relationships.

An eclipse in the Second House will always make you more aware of your attachments: the things that you believe you cannot survive without. But an eclipse in the Eighth House highlights your responsibilities to others: both physically and emotionally.

When occurring in the Third House, you will be forced to confront fears and your communication style. And in the Ninth House, you will be forced to consider the bigger picture of your life. How do you want to grow and expand?

In the Fifth or Eleventh House, the focus on the next five months will be on issues of individual expression and group participation. In the Fifth House, the eclipse will stir up the creative urge, or represent changes in relationships with children or with casual romances. Eclipses in the Eleventh House can often indicate changes in relationships with our peers and friends.

If Aquarius occupies your Sixth or Twelfth House, the focus over the next five months will be on your health -- both physical and spiritual. Eclipses in the Sixth House often make you aware of your physical needs and illness, while in the Twelfth House, they highlight religious or spiritual needs.

Discover where Aquarius appears in your own birth chart, and what role it plays in your life, with your Astro Identity Reading. The true purpose of astrology is to encourage personal growth and increase self-awareness, and this reading will help you do just that. Act now and save 20% on your Astro Identity reading by ordering through this email! Try a free sample of this reading before you purchase and get a glimpse of the powerful insights this reading has to offer.

astrology.com/

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Doesn't say anything about Aquarius in MC or the 10th house which I have.

Return to “Western Astrology”