natal out of bounds AND retrograde jupiter

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Krystofer

natal out of bounds AND retrograde jupiter

Post by Krystofer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows what it means to have a natal OOB and retrograde jupiter. I have looked all over the internet and cant seem to find an answer. any help would be much appriciated.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 pm

I have never heard of this terminology OOB and feel it insignificant. A retrograde Jupiter means the planets energy is going backwards basically -- before it comes out. So a retrograde mercury, can make someone very analytical, reflective, thinks before they speak. With Jupiter it gets pleasure internalising by whatever sign and house position and aspects it makes.

mysticvirgo

We learn something new every day

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:23 am

I remember running across the term "out of bounds" many years ago. I had to dig through my notes to find it.

A planet "out of bounds" is where the planet appears to be significantly above or below the 23 degree north, 23 degree south 'band' that the sun occupies during its travel through our skies.  

Since an out of bound planet is "exceeding the Sun's Authority", said planet becomes far more influential than it would be at any other time.   the only planets that don't go OOB are the Sun, Saturn and Neptune.  

Lunar OOB and the lunar nodes are closely related.  The Moon only goes out of bounds when the North Node is in capricorn through Gemini with most extreme OOB being while in Pisces and/or Aries.

Astrologer50 is prettymuch correct on Retrograded Jupiter.

Retrogrades represent and internalization of a planet's effects.
Jupiter symbolizes fortunes, opportunities, luck, Philosophy, faith and rewards.  So an internalized, retrograded Jupiter will have the effect of , basically, making your own luck, creating opportunities.  Finding oneself fortunate in a spiritual or philosophical sense.  

Where this will manifest in you and your life will depend on placement of Jupiter in both house and sign and its aspects to the rest of your chart.

mysticvirgo

Post reply box doesn't care for long posts

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 am

Ummm... This OOB Jupiter Rx is going to be a very significant player in your chart.  Could you be so kind as to post which house and sign in which this is occuring?

Krystofer

Post by Krystofer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 am

sorry I took so long to respond, I have been on vacation. my jupiter is at 03"09 capricorn in the 7th house. it is near perfect trine my sun, 3"15 virgo. anything else you need to know?

mysticvirgo

Yeah, Actually, I do.

Post by mysticvirgo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:38 am

Would you consider yourself misfortunate, unlucky, in relationships, sepecially at work?  The people you think you can count on just, well, evaporating when you need them most?

7th house is the house of long term relationships.  Often read as the house of "Marriage".  Capricorn is the sign related to hard work, seriousness, career.  Jupiter is Fortune, Luck, opportunity, wealth.  

Ummm.  Direct Jupiter energies arrive externally, from the outside. Like hitting winning lottery ticket, ect.   Retrograde Jup. pretty much becomes the planet of the SUCKER!! Your seeking fortune and luck externally isn't going to work.  When you are fortunate, it is as a result of your own efforts. You make your own luck..

As a fellow Virgo, I know you aren't a sucker, you are pretty danged logical and smart.  What I am getting at is that the retrograde jupiter in capricorn and in 7th house makes it very easy for others, especially partners, to take advantage of you for thier own ends.
Is this ringing true enough?

It is so hard to read a single aspect of a person's chaert without considering thre ENTIRE chart.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 pm

I think using the word 'succer' is bit harsh. I have Jupiter retrograde and this makes a person more self contained happy with ones lot in life but never looks a gift horse in the mouth either.

It may be worth checking in an ephemeris to see if whether jupiter will go direct in his lifetime as well. Also the out 'trappings' and material things are not as important as spiritual, eithical and moral substance. first and foremost they will trust and believe themselves, their judgements before people around them. They are much more 'interally contented and satisfied' than a direct Jupiter.

I don't think Jupiter retrograde makes someone gullible, easily led or put upon. Plus this members has close trine to sun remember

Krystofer

Post by Krystofer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 pm

funny you should mention the word sucker. I basically feel that if you want a job done right, you do it yourself. Often times relying on others to come through has backfired. It is true that I make my own luck. And yes, I have often gotten burned in relationships. It has made me smart about them though; I know when I'm getting used.

but you're right, I wouldn't consider myself "unlucky". With that sun/jupiter trine I do find when I put an effort up, I do get good rewards. I think starting college at the age of 16 was a good accomplishment. Thanks to all of you for telling me how I can succeed, through my own efforts. :)[/i]

mysticvirgo

well, sucker could have been too harsh

Post by mysticvirgo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Tis true... Astrologer50, bear in mind this stupid little mercury retrograde is meeing with my thought processees pretty harshly. So glad it is nearly done aspecting me. ;)

Hmm, So I suppose I hit it pretty good?  Other than the suckering. :)  

Krystopher, Thanks for allowing me the opportunity ( shoops, juptier?) to streatch my proverbial legs.

Krystofer

Post by Krystofer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I used a program, and I found out that my progressed jupiter has already passed retrograde and moved back to normal progression. I guess that means luck can come from external sources now?

Krystofer

Post by Krystofer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 pm

don't worry about it, I also have mercury retrograde, and neptune for that matter as well. :D

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Krystofer wrote:sorry I took so long to respond, I have been on vacation. my jupiter is at 03"09 capricorn in the 7th house. it is near perfect trine my sun, 3"15 virgo. anything else you need to know?
It would be helpful if you posted your natal chart pref from astro.com, you may have to reduce the image size in Extended chart selection to 63%, save to hard drive then upload here.
:smt003

Return to “Western Astrology”