Can an anxiety disorder show in a chart?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AyeCantSeeYou

Can an anxiety disorder show in a chart?

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:55 pm

If so, how does one check to find when certain times/situations will be more active for anxiety than others?

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:45 am

I'm not sure, never heard of that. But I have anxiety too so it would be good to know.

Madhavacharya

an anxiety disorder

Post by Madhavacharya » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 am

when ascendant & Moon are afflicted in natal chart,there is much possibility of this weakness.
affliction of ascendant means placement in 6 or 8 house along with malefics like Mars,Saturn,Uranus,aspect conjunction.
affliction of Moon means,conjunction with Rahu,Saturn,Uranus in ascendant/.5th/,3rd/ 9th/,11th house.
LOVE ASTROLOGY

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 am

Interesting, assuming I'm reading my chart right I DO have a Moon Conjunct Uranus.

Madhavacharya

Post by Madhavacharya » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 am

conjunction is effective when both the stars are in a same degree.
again,one should think of ascendant,house position of conjunction & other related factors.
in fact,to arrive at certain conclusion without deep study,might be misleading.in astrology,it is the practice to apply principle with proviso.as advice in this forum elsewhere,mystic board astrology course will provide insight in assessing horoscope.
from my side it is a full stop on this topic.
LOVE ASTROLOGY

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah there were lots of degrees and things also listed. I guess I would need to look at those more closely since astrology is very specific rather than generalized.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am

Look to how your Moon (or other planets) is aspected in your birth chart, especially by Uranus, Saturn, or Pluto.

I have Moon conjunct Uranus. This shows unstable emotions & sudden change in feelings, unpredictability, etc.

Also, I have Moon conjunct Saturn. This can feel depressing (because your emotions are being "put down" kind of)

If you want to know how to predict your anxiety, look to the transiting planets and see how they aspect your birth planets. Also check which houses the transiting planets are passing through in your chart.
When the transiting Moon is square or opposite your natal Moon, this can be a more uncomfortable time. But also look to how transiting Uranus, Saturn, etc. is aspecting your natal Moon, Mars, etc...

This can add quite a bit of tension, change, depression, etc...

And any aspect with Pluto probably feels like a ticking time bomb!

Good Luck :)

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:34 pm

AriesJupiter wrote:Look to how your Moon (or other planets) is aspected in your birth chart, especially by Uranus, Saturn, or Pluto.

I have Moon conjunct Uranus. This shows unstable emotions & sudden change in feelings, unpredictability, etc.

Also, I have Moon conjunct Saturn. This can feel depressing (because your emotions are being "put down" kind of)

If you want to know how to predict your anxiety, look to the transiting planets and see how they aspect your birth planets. Also check which houses the transiting planets are passing through in your chart.
When the transiting Moon is square or opposite your natal Moon, this can be a more uncomfortable time. But also look to how transiting Uranus, Saturn, etc. is aspecting your natal Moon, Mars, etc...

Aries, are you any good at reading a Lunar Return?

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm

AyeCantSeeYou wrote:
AriesJupiter wrote:Look to how your Moon (or other planets) is aspected in your birth chart, especially by Uranus, Saturn, or Pluto.

Aries, are you any good at reading a Lunar Return?
Well, I've never done one before, but I know a lot about the moon & that when it transits over the exact degree of your natal Moon, it sets up the emotional feeling of the month ahead (thus, the Lunar Return).

I looked it up, and here is a site that gives interpretations to the house positions of the Moon in the return: http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-art ... -positions

Have you done one before? What do you know about it?

I could look at yours and give it a whirl. I'm good at analyzing transits, so I'm sure I could figure out a bit of it. Let me know what you're wondering about in specific.

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Here's my lunar return.

I know lunar returns are only good for 4 weeks at a time.

I have a grand cross in cardinal houses: Sun, Saturn, Mercury, & Asc. I'm not sure what that means. All I've found is that it's oppositions. How they play into each other, I'm lost on.
Attachments
SFPage.jpg
SFPage.jpg (78.15 KiB) Viewed 2919 times

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:19 am

Okay, I found a couple of links that really helped me understand the Lunar Return:

http://www.falconastrology.com/reading_returns.htm

http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/780

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... php?t=2053

So, with the information I found, I can tell you a couple of different things. Interpreting the Lunar Return Chart (or Solar Return- it's the same method) is exactly the same way you would interpret a birth chart. Just consider that this is your "new" birth chart for the month (or year, for Solar). However, they say to also compare the Return chart to your natal chart, as if it were transits. Then, once you understand how the two charts affect each other (comparing natal with Return planets, & seeing where your natal planets are "brought forth" in the "new" Return chart) you can get an idea for how you will feel based on if your Moon moves into a different house (taking on the feeling of that house, or focusing it's energies there) or if your Return Uranus is opposite your natal Moon (or any planet, for that matter- compare all aspects of the two charts like synastry). Furthermore, one person advised that you should compare your monthly Lunar return charts with your current Solar return chart. She says that if planets from the Lunar are brought forth (on critical angles, etc.) in the Solar, it signifies a major event. So, there are a couple of ways you can go about it, and you can go as in depth as you want.

So for a quick example of how I think I would interpret your chart (because obviously this seems like it's an in-depth process!), the things that jump out at me are...
Your Moon has moved from it's natal position in the first house back to the 12th house, so your emotions are probably less in the public eye as usual, and more hidden, introspective, or maybe you're feeling more spiritual or psychic (12th house issues). Next, I notice that your Lunar Sun in Aries is square your natal Sun in Capricorn, indicating that your ego will take on a different feel than you are used to (cardinal fire instead of cardinal earth) and since it is so close to the 11th house cusp, you will probably find yourself socializing or focusing on future goals or seeing how you fit into a group (just some 11th house ideas). Of course, I'm not an expert on this stuff, so this is just my take on it! I'd love to have someone tell me whether I'm on the right track here!

Anyway, I also see that your Lunar Mars is square your natal Mars, so your energy and assertiveness may feel a little different than usual and be focused on different matters (Mars in the 2nd- focusing on money matters & income [in a proud or confident way like Leo]. As opposed to natal Mars in the 6th, focusing your energy on service or health, or working a job [in an emotionally driven, transformative way like Scorpio]).

I don't see the cardinal cross you're talking about. I do know what that is- that would be the four cardinal signs, each showing up in similar degrees, all showing up in the chart. However, in each chart, your ascendant is in Gemini and that doesn't seem to aspect your cardinal planets (unless it were a very high degree of Gemini with very low degrees of the other cardinal signs besides cancer [which Gemini is replacing]). I'm not sure if it has to be all cardinal signs, or just near the cardinal cusp (thus high degree mutable planets). But in any case, it would need to incorporate each of the 4 different signs squaring one another, ie. Aries, Libra, Capricorn, and Cancer (not excluding any one of the angles). Make sense?

Also, your Lunar return Pluto is in the 7th house, so maybe this would signify transformations through relationships during this month, or maybe attracting powerful partners or power struggles (7th house Pluto issues).

Your Lunar return Neptune is very close to the Lunar Midheaven, so I assume your monthly public persona will be somewhat mystical like Neptune, or maybe you will be presenting imaginative creations to the public, or drinking alcohol at social events all month long! Who knows! Hahaha :) (I'm not sure!)

Sorry I didn't go into every aspect, but I hope my examples were able to help you get an idea of how to interpret the chart. Feel free to ask more questions, or tell me if I'm wrong, or right, or any feedback you may have... I'm curious to know what you think!

Talk to you later  :smt002

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:42 am

AriesJupiter wrote:Your Moon has moved from it's natal position in the first house back to the 12th house, so your emotions are probably less in the public eye as usual, and more hidden, introspective, or maybe you're feeling more spiritual or psychic (12th house issues). Next, I notice that your Lunar Sun in Aries is square your natal Sun in Capricorn, indicating that your ego will take on a different feel than you are used to (cardinal fire instead of cardinal earth) and since it is so close to the 11th house cusp, you will probably find yourself socializing or focusing on future goals or seeing how you fit into a group (just some 11th house ideas). Of course, I'm not an expert on this stuff, so this is just my take on it! I'd love to have someone tell me whether I'm on the right track here!
Well, I've been hiding my emotions lately, on purpose, but I know they'll come out soon anyway. I just hope I don't make too much of an ass of myself when that happens. :)  I'm always focusing on future goals and what I want and where I need to be later on in life. (even just if it's the next week ahead) That pertains to work and my personal life.
AriesJupiter wrote:Anyway, I also see that your Lunar Mars is square your natal Mars, so your energy and assertiveness may feel a little different than usual and be focused on different matters (Mars in the 2nd- focusing on money matters & income [in a proud or confident way like Leo]. As opposed to natal Mars in the 6th, focusing your energy on service or health, or working a job [in an emotionally driven, transformative way like Scorpio]).
My energy has been zapped lately. I'm talking none to keep me motivated to do anything. I work in engineering and for a while now, my favorite saying is, "I don't give a $h!t." when someone at the office needs something 'right away.'
AriesJupiter wrote:I don't see the cardinal cross you're talking about. I do know what that is- that would be the four cardinal signs, each showing up in similar degrees, all showing up in the chart. However, in each chart, your ascendant is in Gemini and that doesn't seem to aspect your cardinal planets (unless it were a very high degree of Gemini with very low degrees of the other cardinal signs besides cancer [which Gemini is replacing]). I'm not sure if it has to be all cardinal signs, or just near the cardinal cusp (thus high degree mutable planets). But in any case, it would need to incorporate each of the 4 different signs squaring one another, ie. Aries, Libra, Capricorn, and Cancer (not excluding any one of the angles). Make sense?
I'll have to look into this one some more. I used Solar Fire Gold to draw the chart up.
AriesJupiter wrote:Also, your Lunar return Pluto is in the 7th house, so maybe this would signify transformations through relationships during this month, or maybe attracting powerful partners or power struggles (7th house Pluto issues).
Power struggles, most definitely, at work. That involves me and my bosses, since they think I know nothing, even though I've worked with them for 5 years! To somewhat protest, just this past weekend, I had my dark brown hair heavily highlighted in with blonde and red coloring. Not a natural red hair color, but crayola crayon red! It looks good, and I love it.
AriesJupiter wrote:Your Lunar return Neptune is very close to the Lunar Midheaven, so I assume your monthly public persona will be somewhat mystical like Neptune, or maybe you will be presenting imaginative creations to the public, or drinking alcohol at social events all month long! Who knows! Hahaha :) (I'm not sure!)
I'm not a drinker, but maybe I should take it up! Maybe walking into work with a blender, bag of ice, some drink mixes, etc. and having a party in my office by myself would make my bosses wonder what I'm up to. If they were to ask, there's no telling what I'd say. (I like the sound of this idea.)

Aries, Thank you for taking time to look at this for me. I do appreciate it.  :smt006

Return to “Western Astrology”