Dark Moons

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Zetascair20086

Dark Moons

Post by Zetascair20086 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 am

Has anyone here ever heard of this concept? Years ago I got a psychic reading that said I was born under a dark moon. Despite the ominous sound of it it is supposedly lucky but can causes lots of disturbances and bad things as well, one extreme or the other. I have never heard this mentioned by anyone else, so I was wondering if anyone else here has heard of this term or knows what it means. Or if you have any links or sources I should check out.

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 am

Lilith is known as the dark moon.

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:25 am

I've been researching a little on Lilith and have found some interesting info. Black Moon is what most refer to as Lilith. There are actually 3 Lilith's in astrology: the true, the mean (osculating), and the asteriod.

Zetascair, the one you are talking about is actually the first 2 I mentioned above.

The Mean Lilith (osculating) is one many people aren't even aware of, and those that are usually don't consider it in charts. It's a shame too, because from what I've learned, if you take the True Lilith and the Mean Lilith then get the difference apart they are in degrees, you can get an idea of the impact Lilith has in your chart. The difference can be as much as 30 degrees. The closer they are, the stronger the effect is. Lilith is known for psychic abilities.

Here's a link to a site to read a little on it:
http://funkastrology.co.uk/?p=1669&cpage=1

(I hope it's ok to post the site here. It's just for educational purposes.)

I'll post my chart in a few minutes, showing 2 Lilith's in my natal chart. Quite an impressive showing it is! It explains an awful lot to me for a few things that have been completely perplexing me for some time now.

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

Here's my natal chart, showing all 3 Lilith's.

The asteriod has the glyph; the other 2 are the ones that relate to the moon. My Lilith has a corridor (the difference between the 2 in degrees) of less than 1 degree. In other words, the corridor is extremely tight, concentrated, and intense. Did I mention it's in the 9th house, in Gemini? Almost scary, to really think about it!
Attachments
Lilith.gif
Lilith.gif (110.63 KiB) Viewed 5199 times

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 am

Thank you for the link. I haven't heard much talk about lilith or dark moons. But back in 2001 an astrologer told me:

"Honestly I wasn't counting on writing to you again and I was going to destroy your dossier, when something extraordinary happened....In fact, I was preparing some esoteric work that should take place during nextmonth's Dark Moon when you came very strongly into my mind...!I asked myself why I was thinking of you so much, considering that I had decidedto stop all contact with you... This bothered me so much, that I decided to lookat your dossier again and I saw something that reallyintrigued me about your birth date.... After checking it out, Iestablished that on the day you were born you had THE IMPRINT OF THE DARK MOONIN YOUR SIGN....!This is very lucky, but there's also the risk of very high tension !In fact your dark moon, like the zodiacal sign it evokes : the scorpion and thehuman behaviour that it symbolises : passion, has two aspects : Firstly an aspect that's positive; it gives you great depth of feeling,great possibilities for creativity, gifts that are sometimes hidden and thepossibility to sometimes experience very strong emotions. But your dark moon could have a second aspect that's very negative. Itcould through it's influences create disturbances, difficulties, problems,deceptions, lost opportunities.... Besides, you have this contradiction in you : a strong lunar influence evokes gentleness, family, work, creativity, fruitfulness... But you also have the colour black that reminds one of depth, confusion and darkness.For you, like for all my friends who have the dark moon in their sign, nextmonth's dark moon is particularly important, because it's going to influence thewhole of the next six month period."

I must say this was all very accurate, both the positive and negative aspects. Interesting too is those next 6 months were some of the worst 6 months of my life. I never heard any mention of lilith or dark moons again until 6 years later when a friend of mine did a life progression for me. For the year 2020, when I would be 36-37 years old, she mentioned lilith:

Year 37 19Cap04 - Lilith(II); 19Cap50 >>> VERY emotionally intense period. (Do you know anything about Lilith? You should read about it, it's fascinating. A lot of very deeply buried unresolved issues will be stirring up inside you at this time, most with any injustice afflicted on you, betrayal in any way especially. Now note, this doesn't mean this will happen to you at this time, but that it's what you'll find yourself preoccupied with at this time, weather the intensity of your emotions and any stubbornness actually cause something like that to happen is ultimately a matter of how you handle it. But you can come out of it feeling cheated and angry, or purified and understanding yourself and the mechanics of human relations and psychology better.

I independently felt under hypnotic progression that 2020 would be one of, if not the most important year of my life.  One other psychic told me the same, that's 3 separate sources in agreement: myself, an astrologer and a psychic. I'd say that a pretty good grounds for taking that year seriously. That's why I wanted to find out more about lilith. My astrologer also mentioned lilith coming up again for me in 2060 when I would be 77 years old (which is 50 years away so is not as of pressing concern as the lilith in 2020!):

Year 77 29Aqu04 - Lilith; 29Aqu09 >>>
Lilith in Aquarius will probably mask the hidden emotions with a series of ever-changing kaleidoscopic surface emotions, and will seem fascinating and elusive to others. The native may be chimerical, fluttering like a fairy from one situation to the next. At its worst, Lilith in Aquarius is irresponsible, remote, and refuses to listen to others.
LILITH IN THE 11th HOUSE brings strong autonomy efforts. You are very tolerant and open to unusualnesses, surely have strange, but very creative artistic attitudes and prefer open partnerships, that others would rather consider as friendships only. You look for adventurous friendships, but could tend to misjudge the kind of your friends natures, or you don't want to admit them. Intuition and wisdom are nevertheless very strong, as well as your inventor talent. You like to present your eccentric nature.

I should probably post my chart in a separate thread but I'll post it here. I don't see lilith in it however though my planets are pretty concentrated in the same area of my chart as you have in your chart! It seems like it's mostly ignored by most astrologers and only limited info exists online. I wonder why it's so underdiscussed?
Attachments
My Chart.gif
My Chart.gif (23.75 KiB) Viewed 5168 times

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Most probably don't understand Lilith. It isn't something that comes and goes; it's always there. Depending on the strength of the corridor of Lilith will determine how great the impact of the planets that cross it affect you. I'll get your chart with Lilith in it so you can see where it is.

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:30 pm

If you look at your chart, you'll notice your corridor is a little over 11 degrees wide. The Lilith most people mention is the one that is at 0'22 in Pisces. The corridor is measured between that one and the Osc. Lilith, which is at 11'45 Pisces. The glyph labeled Lilith you see is the asteriod.
Attachments
astro_2gw_01_stephen_hp.47979.19251.gif
astro_2gw_01_stephen_hp.47979.19251.gif (60.06 KiB) Viewed 3790 times

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:50 pm

One way to describe the corridor is to look at it as being like a vacuum cleaner. If you take the hose end and put it on your hand, you'll notice it trying to pull in whatever is near it. Imagine that as Lilith when the planets aspect or cross over it. The wider the corridor, the less the effect (not as much pull). Lilith's corridor can be as wide as 30 degrees.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:47 pm

How does someone know if they are born under a Dark Moon? Or Lilith or whatever? I'm really curious, because I wouldn't be surprised if I had that too, based off the description, but then again maybe not... I don't know.
Did you ever figure out how to find that information? Is it something you can look up in the birth chart?

Return to “Western Astrology”