synastry moon conjunct ascendant - powerful?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

issora

synastry moon conjunct ascendant - powerful?

Post by issora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:37 am

Good Evening,

I've been researching the moon / ascendant conjunction in synastry, and a lot of astrologers state this as one of the more powerful connections in a love relationship.  Is there any truth to this, or has anyone else experienced this conjunction with someone who had a significant effect on your life?  The orb is really tight, too.

I'm the ascendant here (female), and the moon person (male) is someone that has had an EXTREMELY powerful effect on my mental and emotional state for the last 8 months.  And not in a good way - many times I thought this person was an extreme narcissist (but then again I have extreme trust issues with so much Scorpion in my chart) :)

I'm pretty well onto another phase in my life (i.e. over it, at least for the time being :)), and there were plenty of lessons learned on my part.  It was almost as if I needed to subject myself to the emotional trauma in order to gain the greatest lessons to continue my spiritual growth.  I suppose some call that masochism!

Both natal charts are attached.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Attachments
me.gif
me.gif (75.68 KiB) Viewed 14332 times
him.jpg
him.jpg (324.46 KiB) Viewed 14332 times

AriesJupiter

Synastry: Moon conjunct Ascendant

Post by AriesJupiter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 am

I have this aspect with my current boyfriend. My ASC is 4.58' Taurus and my partner's Moon is 5.18' Taurus.
Yes, it is a very powerful aspect. I think it is one of the main things that holds us together (maybe because it's Taurus though).
In my case, I feel like I understand his needs, and his needs somehow provide me with some sort of comfort.
I'm not sure about the emotional difficulty, I thought that was due to other aspects. Someone else might have something to add though...

Good Luck :)

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 am

Oh, another thing...

I read somewhere (and also have experienced) that one "problem" is that the Moon person sometimes confuses the ASC person with having the same needs as him.
Because the ASC person is "displaying" the nature of the Moon person's needs/emotions, the Moon person somehow thinks that his needs are your needs too. (When, in fact, YOUR Moon shows what your needs are) So, the Moon person can think they are meeting your needs, because it APPEARS you have the same needs as them, but in all reality they can be completely missing the mark on meeting your Moon needs (they're just meeting your physical needs).

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 pm

as you don't know your partner's 'time of birth' you cannot say for definate if it's conjunct or not and in synastry the orb is max of 3' --- no more.

Return to “Western Astrology”