Synastry & Internet Relationships - How does it work in the cyberworld?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PoisonxLily

Synastry & Internet Relationships - How does it work in the cyberworld?

Post by PoisonxLily » Wed May 12, 2010 7:10 pm

What are your thoughts on internet relationships in regards to synastry? Do you think it's possible to feel the aspects in the cyberworld or would they only apply to people who have met in real life?

And also, I myself have been involved in a long-distance "internet romance". So I was wondering what kind of planets should I look at in the natal charts when dealing with something over the internet? Should the main focus be on Mercury (communication) since it is online after all and you mainly type words? Or are there any other things to consider?

Any thoughts/ideas?

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri May 14, 2010 3:36 am

Yeah, in my opinion an internet relationship should have the same compatibility aspects as a normal one. I see what you're saying about Mercury, but I would assume if you are already getting along & both contributing via internet, then you probably are Mercury types anyway.
The point is, whether a relationship is over the internet or not, you still need to be compatible in the same ways as normal. It's just two people interacting, so it should really be the same as any interaction. Like I say, I would only assume there may be a Mercury connection or influence because you have already met that way. I am thinking, if you already met & like each other (are pursuing a relationship) it seems to me your personalities just go together already. I would think maybe there could be an emphasis on Mercury, because it is about communication, but it seems to me that you two are just Mercurial types, who like to communicate, otherwise you wouldn't be on the internet pursuing a relationship.
This is just my opinion.

astrologer50

internet dating

Post by astrologer50 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:37 pm

This is not the same as property dating as it's all going on in your HEAD and not real life or in person or progressing into a 'property relationship' with affection, sex and committment. Anybody could tell you anything and you would never know what was truth or a lie.

I suspect you have mercury aspecting neptune and do to much overidealising, fantasising and 'live in your head' too much and that cannot be healthy for anyone. Cyber relationships are not going to keep you feet warm in bed at night are they?

Try and be bit more grounded, practical and get yourself out more --- really --

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Sat May 15, 2010 4:25 pm

good advise  i agree totally

mysticvirgo

I would also check

Post by mysticvirgo » Wed May 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Sign and planets occupying 3rd house of communications and networking, location of Uranus and Mercury in your charts ,likewise Both Aquarious ( electronic communications) and Pisces ( dissolution through entertainment) and ,as such, also Neptune

PoisonxLily

Re: internet dating

Post by PoisonxLily » Thu May 20, 2010 6:10 pm

astrologer50 wrote:This is not the same as property dating as it's all going on in your HEAD and not real life or in person or progressing into a 'property relationship' with affection, sex and committment. Anybody could tell you anything and you would never know what was truth or a lie.

I suspect you have mercury aspecting neptune and do to much overidealising, fantasising and 'live in your head' too much and that cannot be healthy for anyone. Cyber relationships are not going to keep you feet warm in bed at night are they?

Try and be bit more grounded, practical and get yourself out more --- really --
I know what I'm doing. I don't need you to tell me how I should live my life. Thank you very much. I was simply asking a question out of curiosity.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu May 20, 2010 6:33 pm

When we ask a question, then we ask about someone else opinion.....it is not always the answer is pleasant for the seeker....but that is not the same as the answer need to be wrong....it might often tell the seeker to re evaluate his/her way of thinking.

When it came to this particular question, I would be in the same lane as Astrologer50, and I am glad that we both are wrong, since you know what you are doing, BUT then the opening request must be wrong, since it gives quiet the opposite impression.

Even if an answer might hurt ones pride, there might be some truth in it, if one try to give it a second thought.

I close the thread...no need for more discussion...since you know where you are headed.

Return to “Western Astrology”