Birthtime not known?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Birthtime not known?

Post by swetha » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:29 pm

how do astrologers make charts for people who dont know their birthtime?
what things need to be considered and how accurate is it?

Dj I.C.U.

Post by Dj I.C.U. » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:47 pm

Birthtime is bonus for the one who is doing the reading, it's not a question on what do they take in acount but in what way they do their readings.No Birth Time readings do not include time-dependant information -- such as house, moon and ascendant placement.The universe is a complex place where time is relative.Don't be distracted by details cuz you'll lose the big picture.

FloridaLightWorker

Time of Birth - Western Astrology

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi swetha,

If the time of birth is unknown it is almost impossible for the astrologer to determine the Rising Sign/Ascendent of that person. This is very important in a Natal Chart. The moon changes its sign every third day. So if it is near the cusp of the previous or next sign, that might not be accurate either. So it would be a Solar Chart. (Without Ascendent and Moon sign)

The placements of the Birth Sign, Ascendant/Rising Sign and the Moon are the key pieces of Western Astrology. The rest of the chart would be accurate to progress to the present day. Years ago all of this was done with a euphemeris and by hand. Today computers do this for us. So the calculations a computer might give would not be accurate on those 2 things.

Blessings! Linda  :smt060
Your Future is the 'reincarnation' of Your Thoughts. . .
Linda

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:46 am

Well FloridaLightWorker's answer sounds convincing. I agree though that Birth Time & Place are equally important as the Date of Birth.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:15 pm

thanks Linda that did make sense... becoz after we were talking about important the rising sign is along with ur sun sign..i realised without birthtime, it is not possible to know rising sign...

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:28 am

Yes & sometimes, ppl wouldn't know their moon sign too.

jyotimirpuri

yes i agree birth time is imp

Post by jyotimirpuri » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:18 am

as i have twin grandsons and there is a difference of 2 minutes between both of them and both are different in all ways including their personalities amazing if one is doing fabulous one month the other is doing okay and visaversa so i feel the 2 minutes makes the difference
interested in tarot reading, fengshui, reiki, numerology

Channel-of-Truth

Post by Channel-of-Truth » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:51 am

Hi, Swetha.

Actually, as difficult and time-consuming as it might be, it is still possible to delineate an individual's accurate horoscope - even when the birth time is unknown.  Several factors play a role in accomplishing this task, but perhaps the most essential would be the following:  

1. Make certain that you have the exact coordinates (that is, the latitude and longitude - in degrees, minutes and seconds, if possible) of an individual's precise location of birth.  This means having the exact hospital or locational address (and even building number) in which the birth took place (and not that of a city center).  While this level of accuracy might not be implemented in common practice or seem necessary, it is extremely important for both angular placements and future forecast accuracy as an individual matures in life (this is especially true, with regard to the major angles - the ASC, IC, DSC and MC - because they are the fastest moving elements in the horoscope, followed by the Moon).  

2. It is important to learn the physical and mental characteristics of the Ascendant signs and be able to identify them when looking at an individual for whom a horoscope will be cast.  This is because each sign ascending has distinctive traits that differ from the other.  When the birth time is known, this becomes relatively easy to do.  When it is not known, the work becomes more of a challenge, because opposite signs have similar characteristics, head shapes and demeanors and requires discrimination to distinct from the other.  Luckily, several Ascendant signs can be eliminated based on physical appearance alone.  This narrows down the selection to fewer signs, after which an astrologer can then test the functionality of the horoscope - the next step, below:  

3. Test the horoscope via Secondary Progressions of events in an individual's life.  This includes aspects involving the angles, because they're invariably involved in important life events.  Progressed aspects must be in 4 minutes of arc or less.  Verification of same presumes that one understands the philosophical foundations of every house/area of life and be able to identify the correct placements of planets therein, because they must match real-life traits or manifestations of actions taken by an individual in no uncertain terms.  This knowledge of houses also includes intercepted pairs and their meanings, because they suggests strong vocations or avocations of an individual will most likely pursue or holds strong interests.    

Several more factors are involved but those mentioned above take precedence.  Incidentally, these steps do not just pertain to those with unknown birth times; they apply equally and must be used in the delineation and verification of ALL horoscopes - even when the birth time is known.   What many people and astrologers may not realize is that the physical birth time horoscope rarely matches the one selected by the soul.  In many cases – although certainly not all – it is usually the one before the reported physical birth time – and sometimes it is two signs before!  That means, an individual’s physical birth time might show Capricorn on the Ascendant when in reality he or she really has a Sagittarius or Scorpio body type and personality.  It might also come as a shock for others to know that a soul chooses its horoscope prior to physical birth – during labor – and not at first breath!  

Best Regards,

Shaun

Suebee

Birth time

Post by Suebee » Wed May 23, 2007 1:51 pm

My mother, who has passed on now, told me I was born at about 1 am, but she couldnt recall the  minutes. Does an approximate birth time count?

Thanks,

Suebee

iluminaughty

Post by iluminaughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm

that's easy all I need is a photo of you....we all look like our rising sign...I guessed my grandfather who was born in 1928 just by looking at him ....before he ever even had a birth certificate....when his family found me a birth certificate..... I was within 3 minutes of accuracy.

Give me your full chart and I'll try to help you.

Get a free printout here.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?& ... &pa=mobile

I need to see stars asteroids and points please.

Here's what your chart should look like :

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag4 ... d8d308.gif

Danny

astrologer50

Re: Birthtime not known?

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 pm

swetha wrote:how do astrologers make charts for people who dont know their birthtime?

First thing to look at would be solar arcs and read about them here.

http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... 309dce85f1

failing this contact a professional. I do know of one called Kannon McAfee

http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/rectification/
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:19 am

freekundli wrote:
swetha wrote:how do astrologers make charts for people who dont know their birthtime?
Do you have an approximate time? Or are you totally clueless?
they would use either 12noon OR 6am but the Ascendant sign would not be correct without further investigation to  correct
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

fensi88

Re:

Post by fensi88 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 pm

iluminaughty wrote:
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm
that's easy all I need is a photo of you....we all look like our rising sign..

Danny

https://ibb.co/rtx5FRD

There is no his birth time on Internet.
Thanks for the answer!
Greetings,
Goca

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 pm

fensi88 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 pm
iluminaughty wrote:
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm
that's easy all I need is a photo of you....we all look like our rising sign..

Danny

https://ibb.co/rtx5FRD

There is no his birth time on Internet.
Thanks for the answer!
This is a very old posting, and few if any of these people visit Mystic Board any longer.

However you are absolutely correct.

I can see no way of determining the person's time of birth directly from their photograph.

That has to be done either through their written birth records or from their parents (usually), taking into account any daylight savings adjustments operating on that day.

Similarly, I cannot even begin to imagine how you could accurately and reliably work out the person's rising sign using this method, other than intuitively, which does not necessarily require any photo to be submitted.

Cheers,

Brian :smt024

fensi88

Post by fensi88 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 am

Brian, I agree with you.
Greetings,
Goca

Return to “Western Astrology”