Is this a Kite? A t square?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Autumn Rose

Is this a Kite? A t square?

Post by Autumn Rose » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 am

Kite
Sun (First house Virgo) trines Mars (5th house Capricorn) and Midheaven (Taurus). Midheaven and Mars sextile to Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Jupiter opposes the sun.

T Squares
Sun (1st house Virgo) squares Uranus (4th house Sagittarius). Uranus squares Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Sun and Jupiter are opposing.

Moon (2nd house Virgo) squares Uranus (4th house Sagittarius).
Uranus squares Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Moon and Jupiter are opposing.

Mercury (1st house Virgo) squares Uranus (4th house Sagittarius).
Uranus squares Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Mercury and Jupiter are opposing.

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 pm

does anybody know enough about astrology to answer me even a little bit? please? Thank you

sanyi

Post by sanyi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 am

You are very concerned about the needs of others, can be appropriate for the service to others, your character is a humble and gentle attitude, willing to help others, knowledge rich, desire to serve others, a good deal in detail, resolution and selection capability also very good, is a superior management talent.

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Thank you very much. So those are kites and t squares then? I find birth chart calculators online and none of them get into that kind of detail. Everything I find is pretty simple stuff, like what the planets and houses mean when they are in certain signs or aspects. Do you know of any place where I can get a complete chart with this information in it for free? Thanks again!

Wisenheimer

Post by Wisenheimer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

A kite aspect looks EXACTLY like a kite in a natal chart. It is comprised of the following things: 3 trines, 2 sextiles and 1 opposition. The 3 trines make up the bottom part of the kite aspect and the 2 sextiles make the top half with the opposition running the length from top to bottom of the kite.

Sextiles and Trines are positive aspects with the opposition being your trouble area.

Sun Virgo 1st house Trine Mars Capricorn 5th house - 1 Trine
Sun Virgo 1st house Trine MC Taurus (10th house) - 1 Trine
MC Taurus (10th house) Trine Mars Capricorn 5th house - 1 Trine

MC Taurus (10th house) Sextile Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Sextile
Mars Capricorn 5th house Sextile Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Sextile

Jupiter Pisces 7th house Opposition Sun Virgo 1st house - 1 Opposition

Yes that is a kite

The area of interest will be your opposition between Jupiter and the Sun. What I want to know is how close these two planets are to the ASC/DESC angle. If they are close this will add critical information. The closer planets are to the angles the more they take on specific details. They become more powerful.

Assuming that they are not and are just in the houses I would say this about the opposition:

Jupiter in Pisces in the 7th house wants to find oneself and define oneself through the partnerships they form. Business or otherwise. Virgo wants to criticize and micro manage things and be particular about things. Fanatical is a good word for Virgo. That is your opposition.

Solution to the problem - Realize when you are dealing with your Virgo aspect and keep it in proportion and try to make it beneficial to the partnership. Decide which qualities you want to develop and develop them. Do you want to find yourself in partnerships? Live through a partnership? Expand who you are as a person through a partnership? If so do that. But keep the Virgo in check and makes sure it is utilized in a positive way that adds to things - not takes away from them.

Understand the signs, once you do you will see where you want to go and how you want to get there.

NOW......T Square

A T Square is made up of 2 Squares and 1 Opposition. The planet that is RECEIVING BOTH Squares is your FOCAL POINT. The placement that is exactly opposite the FOCAL POINT is your APEX which is very important as well, since it will hold the answer as to how you deal with the double square or FOCAL POINT.

Sun Virgo 1st house Square Uranus Sagittarius 4th house. - 1 Square
Uranus Sagittarius 4th house Square Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Square
Sun Virgo 1st house Opposing Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Opposition

Your Focal Planet is Uranus Sagittarius 4th House - Home issues here. Moving alot, Sudden and Unexpected moving and most likely turmoil as well. How do we deal with this?

Look to your exact opposite of Uranus. Degree and sign. It should be somewhere in the 10th house. The opposite of Sagittarius is Gemini. Are there planets there? If so what are they and what signs? Is it an intercepted house? What aspects do they make and where are there rulers?

Your 10th house will be your Apex

Moon Virgo 2nd house Squares Uranus Sagittarius 4th house - 1 Square
Uranus Sagittarius 4th house Squares Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Square
Moon Virgo 2nd house Opposes Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Opposition

Your Focal Point again is Uranus Sagittarius 4th house - you have issues at home. Moon (emotions that are kept tightly in check) and Jupiter in Pisces wanting to feel and love and expand.

Apex is going to be the 10th house again.

Mercury Virgo 1st house Square Uranus Sagittarius 4th house - 1 Square
Uranus Sagittarius Square Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Square
Mercury Virgo 1st house Opposes Jupiter Pisces 7th house - 1 Opposition

Again Uranus is the Focal Planet with the 10th being the Apex.

The same thing applies in all three cases. Look to the 10th, check the planets there. If the house is empty look to the sign on the cusp and find where the ruler of that sign is and read up on it. Therein lies the answer to the T Square.
We Rise by Kneeling, We Conquer by Surrendering and We Gain by Giving Up

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:51 am

Thank you so much for your help! I have been away from this forum for so long that I just got your post. I do not remember where my Jupiter was in aspect to asc/ desc. But if it would have some critical information attached to it, I would like to know. I will leave you my information if you don't mind. If not, that is alright too. But here it is;

Amanda Rose Osborne
September, 5th 1986
Winchester, ma, USA
5:00AM
(Daylight savings time -1 hour)

Thank you in advance if you decide to do this for me.
When I get home I will look for my chart and just give you the info you asked if I found it.

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:55 am

alright, so i did end up finding my chart. ascendant is leo, though it says the sun and mercury are in ascendant. But they are not in leo, they are in virgo.. but this is what my chart is telling me. I dont know why. asc node is 9th house. descendant 7th house

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:00 am

lilith is what is in the 10th house. The midheaven. sextiles jupiter, trines sun moon and mars.

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 am

jupiter is retrograde by the way! sorry for so many posts. i could delete them i would turn it into one post

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Autumn Rose wrote:jupiter is retrograde by the way! sorry for so many posts. i could delete them i would turn it into one post
as this forum doesn't allow posting of links (which is ridiculous) for self learning you should come over to astrologyweekly dot com for a proper 'learning evironment'......
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

RasAlgethi

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:29 pm

I would hesitate calling it a kite when one of the trines is an angle.  Even though it is the MC, its affect will be different than if the kite was comprised of planets in alignment.

astrologer50

Re: Is this a Kite? A t square?

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Autumn Rose wrote:Kite
Sun (First house Virgo) trines Mars (5th house Capricorn) and Midheaven (Taurus). Midheaven and Mars sextile to Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Jupiter opposes the sun.

T Squares
Sun (1st house Virgo) squares Uranus (4th house Sagittarius). Uranus squares Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Sun and Jupiter are opposing.

Moon (2nd house Virgo) squares Uranus (4th house Sagittarius).
Uranus squares Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Moon and Jupiter are opposing.

Mercury (1st house Virgo) squares Uranus (4th house Sagittarius).
Uranus squares Jupiter (7th house Pisces). Mercury and Jupiter are opposing.
your chart has disappeared. so no one can see or give you a reading..

Kite
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/a ... terns.html
“Whenever a person has a kite in his chart, he is considered to be more likely to be successful in his endeavours because the opposition will give him the push to go out and conquer the obstacles that are presented to him, and the sextiles will give him a little bit more harmony once he has achieved his goals.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_aspect
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/aspect-patterns2.html
http://www.evolvingdoor.ca/glossary/glossary_k.htm

T Square
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_tsquare.shtml
“Two planets in opposition squared to a third. The tension typical of the opposition aspect is aggravated by additional problems introduced by the third planet. Often an obstructive feature blocking the normal flow of behaviour of the person. Person needs to develop activities represented by the "missing" arm of the T-square to achieve wholeness”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natal_astr ... t_patterns
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

“The t-square is exactly like the above configuration except that one of the signs is missing. Time and again this is described as trying to sit in a chair with three legs. Ironically, the individual becomes the fourth leg by acting out the traits which are missing in the chart.”
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/moreaspects2.htm

what tends to happen with T Squares is that a transit, progression or solar arc comes along and temporary converts it to a Grand Square, which does cause enormous tensions/problems internally, but the good thing is the get you up off your backside to resolve issues.
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Western Astrology”