Seven retrogrades in the one natal chart

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

wooty

Seven retrogrades in the one natal chart

Post by wooty » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 pm

I have always wondered what it means if you have seven retrogrades in your natal chart, i have looked it up in our many astrology books at home; but i can not find anything on if you have seven in your chart. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you :)

wooty

Post by wooty » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:10 pm

In our book at home called "The book of Retrogrades" by John McCormick it says that " In the samples given there was no one who had seven planets retrograde in their chart.' He also adds that " This condition only lasts for two days in the latter part of the nineteenth century", I also might add that the statistics given in this book goes from 1880 to 1980, I would be interested in seeing if anyone else has seven planets retrograde in their chart.

Wisenheimer

Post by Wisenheimer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Planets retrograde in a chart (whether 7 or 10 or 1 or 6) means that those planets are operating at half strength. Their power is limited and hindered. Sometimes that is a good thing depending on where they are and which ones they are and what signs and houses they are in.

Retrogrades will be where limitations are, controlled situations. Chances are the planets that are retrograde are going to be Mercury, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Mars and Jupiter. Those are the ones most often retrograde in charts.

You need to read up on the specific planet that is retrograde and see what is said about it. There is plenty of information on the net regarding this. But pay attention to what you are reading. There are those that write about planets that are currently moving retrograde. You want natal retrogrades. Here's an example of what I am talking about.

Saturn Retrograde

* feels inside that they're never good enough
* indulgent outward behavior may mask inner feelings of inadequacy
* hides fears

Saturn deals with karma, limits, responsibility, tradition, conservatives, authorities, long term goals and accomplishments patiently created, taking responsibility, creating structure, and setting boundaries. Once a year the planet Saturn goes into retrograde for about four-and-a-half months. During this influence, you will probably find it unwise to attempt sudden changes or to rush through things. Take practical steps and accept limitations while you take serious steps toward your long term goals. Saturn retrograde can cause you to become your own hardest taskmaster, limit your actions or leave you feeling blocked and pessimistic.

Saturn retrograde in your natal chart, indicates that you are likely to have been abused by those with power over you, perhaps having faced unfair situations at home. You may need to declare personal boundaries in order to work out conflicts with authority on a karmic scale. You could feel that fate conspires against your desires but it’s really you putting the brakes on through feelings of persecution or inhibition in the house where it is placed until you work out how to face doing or confronting whoever or whatever it is that threatens you. Your lesson is one of patience and steady application of hard work as you overcome the impatient urge to cut corners. Everything you gain will be hard won but you will eventually succeed, win the respect of others and actually can shine where you faced difficulties before.

Link: http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/re ... lanets.htm

Once you have that figured out, go read about the house position and then the sign. Read, learn, understand
We Rise by Kneeling, We Conquer by Surrendering and We Gain by Giving Up

Lunesoleil

Re: Seven retrogrades in the one natal chart

Post by Lunesoleil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 pm

wooty wrote:I have always wondered what it means if you have seven retrogrades in your natal chart, i have looked it up in our many astrology books at home; but i can not find anything on if you have seven in your chart. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you :)
Hi wooty

I don't know your level in astrology but I can answer you in Western Astrology it is not 7 retrograde planets at the same time.
As research tool the Ephemerides for 2012 March began his retro walk on 25 January and will last 80jours followed by Saturn on 7 February for 140 days, mercury March 12 for 24 days, April 10 Pluton 160 days will continue in time with Venus on May 15 for 42 days. A little later Neptune become retrograde from June 4 for about 158 days, July 15, yet normal mercury it takes its retro walk 3 times in the year on the basis of 24 days, followed this time of Uranus on 13 July to about 155 days, Jupiter from 4 October for 120 days and the loop will be closed with mercury which will return on November 6 for a third round of armoury
There will be several planets in same tems in regressive phases but on a basis of 7 planets never, I have assessed a maximum of 4 retrograde planets in the same period
Over time there is a scanning on the Zodiac because the following year retrograde Mercury will change sign, Saturn will be late in the race, Venus will return only all carried and only 8 years after in the same sign. March retrograde every two years or so, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto every year with more or less long cycles but never at the same locations...
http://www.croftastrologer.com/e_retro_planets.php

For a better understanding of the movement Draskovic planets
[initiative]*[décision]*[évaluation]*[réorganisation]

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Lunesoleil wrote:
wooty wrote:I have always wondered what it means if you have seven retrogrades in your natal chart, i have looked it up in our many astrology books at home; but i can not find anything on if you have seven in your chart. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you :)
Hi wooty

I don't know your level in astrology but I can answer you in Western Astrology it is not 7 retrograde planets at the same time.
As research tool the Ephemerides for 2012 March began his retro walk on 25 January and will last 80jours followed by Saturn on 7 February for 140 days, mercury March 12 for 24 days, April 10 Pluton 160 days will continue in time with Venus on May 15 for 42 days. A little later Neptune become retrograde from June 4 for about 158 days, July 15, yet normal mercury it takes its retro walk 3 times in the year on the basis of 24 days, followed this time of Uranus on 13 July to about 155 days, Jupiter from 4 October for 120 days and the loop will be closed with mercury which will return on November 6 for a third round of armoury
There will be several planets in same tems in regressive phases but on a basis of 7 planets never, I have assessed a maximum of 4 retrograde planets in the same period
Over time there is a scanning on the Zodiac because the following year retrograde Mercury will change sign, Saturn will be late in the race, Venus will return only all carried and only 8 years after in the same sign. March retrograde every two years or so, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto every year with more or less long cycles but never at the same locations...
http://www.croftastrologer.com/e_retro_planets.php

For a better understanding of the movement Draskovic planets
I would whether he is asking about TRansits rather than what is going on in HIS nataal chart, which it IS possible..
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 pm

I can't see your natal chart unfortunately. If you open a free account with photobucket you can create a free chart over at astro save to hard drive, then upload to photobucket and then post in your thread. This way your chart will appear in the thread rather than a link. make sure you click on IMG when copying in photobucket...

Now retrogrades. it's very very commonn to have outers ie: saturn, Uranusn, neptune and pluto to be retrograde. It's *more important* to reesearched mercury, venus mars and jupiter.

Mercury will go direct, venus and mars prob not and jupiter no....

Retrograde planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=22923
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astro ... ograde.htm
http://www.north-node.com/astrology-tut ... etrogrades
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/re ... lanets.htm
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... ostcount=8
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... stcount=10
Pluto retrograde in scorpio above
http://karma.astrology.com/pastlife.html
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

--dupl
Last edited by astrologer50 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 pm

mercury retro makes for a very analytical mind. I have this one, you have to internalise the energies and think things through before you express them outwardly. of course mercury can go retro even if someone was born with it too, and this would make someone more introspective and analyticala with age...

venus retro tends to make someone either neglect their appearances, or go bit OTT wit them.
Retrogrades by planet
Retrograde  Mercury: These people absorb thoughts & ideals through osmosis rather than careful, deliberate study. Own best teacher. Tendency to question what others accept as gospel. More capable of dealing with abstractions & impressions than those with Mercury direct.
Retrograde  Venus: has unique ideas regarding pleasure, beauty & love, & less concern for the social amenities. They tend to put those they love to the acid test: “If I do x & y, will you still love me?” Can lead to some form of antisocial behavior. They may seek unconventional women.
Retrograde  Mars: Work in its more conventional, mundane sense can be very painful for these people. Work best when it has some sort of “cause” associated with it. Less competitive than usual Mars energy— often in competition with themselves. Mars retrograde women are often attracted to men who are dependent, irresponsible, handicapped in some way, or social misfits.
Outer planets are retrograde roughly five months of the year. Thus they’re often found retrograde in a birth chart.
Retrograde  Jupiter: These people are capable of taking advantage of opportunities that others ignore or pass by. They prefer to “take another crack” at things others have tried & failed. Their moral & ethical code, religion & philosophy are their own. They seek answers from within rather than subscribing to the standard dogma. They seek abundance in new, untried & unproved areas.
Retrograde  Saturn: These people nearly always grave doubts about their worthiness as human beings. Can be very childlike in their behavior & fearful of taking chances. This is an ego-reducing kind of situation. There is usually a subconscious fear of rejection & of loss. Their limitations & responsibilities are self-imposed. This is probably the most difficult retrograde.
Retrograde  Uranus: Here is a natural born rebel. Strong reformer instincts — for everybody else. These folks have a strong inner need & desire to persistently test their personal abilities against those of others. They must constantly prove themselves to themselves. In seeking greater freedom for themselves, they may limit the freedom of others.
Retrograde  Neptune: These people are frequently confused inwardly as to whether they are “virtuous” or not. Persistently seek to help others, whether their help is wanted or not. They are more susceptible & more easily taken in by others.
Retrograde   Pluto: Nearly half the world’s population has this retrograde. Its effect is hard to determine except to say that these people generally have a harder time integrating themselves into the mainstream of society. When Pluto is very strong, these people find themselves doing things without understanding why.

Retrograde ruler of the rising sign: These people doubt their personal worth as individuals & are very concerned with their self-image. Late bloomers.
http://north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/retrogrades

pandops

Post by pandops » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi. My close friend has seven retrogrades in his natal chart - all except for Venus. Someone made a research that more than 7 is impossible. And you can get seven of them simultaneously only for couple of days per each century. In the 19th century it occurred for two days only, in the last 20th century it occurred for 4 days around April 30, when my friend was born.
Are you one of them too? Because my friend is looking for others out there to contact. Since it is true, that those people are impossible for other to understand.

Take Care

iluminaughty

Post by iluminaughty » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:40 pm

I have retro merc and I have a learning disability, I'm a slow motherfucker. I've an IQ of 100.
  http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag4 ... 8d02ea.jpg
[/b]

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:56 pm

tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers/thread/3cc157fc-3980-47bd-b708-03c623fb80a9

learn all about retrogrades here

Return to “Western Astrology”