13th sign added, and signs are a-changing!?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

drpepper5656

13th sign added, and signs are a-changing!?

Post by drpepper5656 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 pm

okay so apparently astrologers decided to fit a new sign into western astrology, (Ophiuchus).  Therefore making me an Leo, after 18 years of being a virgo, who would have thought?

Let the identity crisis ensue!

here are the new dates

• Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.

Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.

Pisces: March 11-April 18.

Aries: April 18-May 13.

Taurus: May 13-June 21.

Gemini: June 21-July 20.

Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.

Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.

Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.

Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.

Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.

Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

Evard

Post by Evard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 am

Ophiuchus data sign was not modern astrology unless Kepler invisible planet change
was reason good basis of sign system was new accord with gala change . . . . . . . . . .

makes any sense ..  you can tell me if I don't make sense to you .. Your sign didn't uh
change .. your "aligned mentality" did change the gala reason astrologamy Orpheus a:
noted Kepler 2 invisible planet near Mars orbit "data serviu reason Saturn" invisible :~:
known as Euphoria 2nd invisible planet at our system ~Roman astrolog Euphoicous Pan

Your statement made uh little sense to me .. so yer welcome to say Western Astrology:
was rubbish .. as I'm not a cold shoulder .. Only ahead of my time .. Good and Evil., etc et era ..  Aquarius Prevail {free}  Evard.

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:24 am

I'm still completely confused by this addition, but I'll always be a Cancer regardless of what the new dates say.  Also what's this I heard about it only applying to people  born after a certain year?

Evard

Post by Evard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 am

The astrology forum who asked for Orpheocus to be data sign ready with new ~Roman unintelligible
sign of unlisted planet setting gala astromangy (an actual word) was the equivalent of mangling the:
sign Zodiac noted as 12 signs common and saying it was "Numeronomy" luck reason of Phoralainum
to allow younger people the rite to promote uncharted planet astrology as Their Future Astro-Calling,
whoever being inept historical astrologer basis : was selling something .. apparently Astro Funding !!.

Intuition will say to the common believer in astrology , we are not impressed by falsifying our Zodiac.
The younger viewer , guessing they are not "foreign planeter" .. may try to accept this ,. though what
was the forecast of future of promoted teaching if planet ways Zodiac (known as Pana Zodin) will be :
More Interested in Planet Funding New Age Foreign Thought on Falsifying Astrological Belief as Greed:
or Net Gain in the Case of Younger New Imported Teaching as Illogical Pagan Now Added Curriculum.   That's my Thought.  Evard

mizgator

Post by mizgator » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

I heard about this late last night and have not had good sleep because of it. I'm trying to understand what this means. I was born on May 2nd and always thought I was a Taurus. Are these new findings saying that I have always been a Aries instead? Am I now compatible to other air/fire signs as oppose to earth/water signs?? I mean I guess they have switched too, but immediately last night i looked into the characteristics of an Aries woman and WOAH...that's me! I just always thought I was a different type of Taurus.

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:12 pm

this has nothing to do with any new findings  lol    there are many schools of thought when exploring astrology

Hestia NicLoch

Post by Hestia NicLoch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57 pm

This is why I'm a Gemini on here--I moved my birthdate back a day to give myself the 'real' sign. The thing is, I've been onto the descriptions of people for a while, and I've been noticing that many people in my family don't match up with what their signs are. My dad has always been a sensitive guy, not much for crowds, and loves family. But he's supposedly Leo. And he isn't born on the cusp, but straight in the middle of Leo. Now with the change, he's a Cancer, as I've insisted for a year or two now. And it fits him so well! I move to Gemini, which fits me better than Cancer ever did. The only problem is that my sister is well and truly a Scorpio, but with this she moves back to the sign Libra, and she is NOT a Libran by any stretch of the imagination. My best friend is now a Virgo, as I told her she was just by matching up her with her appropriate description. She is definitely a Virgo through and through.
What I don't like about this is that we now have another sign. Now we have uneven thirteen in the wheel. What happens now? All of the signs were evenly divided between Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, plus they were evenly divided between Male and Female. Now we have everything out of balance!! Americans don't care about the balance. They just pop whatever they want in the middle of something and say it works, when it messes up everything. What's the new sign supposed to be opposite huh? A line! Who's it going to be compatible/uncompatible with if there's nothing on the other side of it?
And we have to come up with a description, the aspects, ruling planets, and all of this. Why add another sign? There's the Zodiac Belt, and the last I knew, a thirteenth sign didn't just appear at the end of it.

The real problem is that our calendar is off. We need to move the calendar. The Equinoxes and Solstices don't line up with the changing of certain signs anymore. The Sun isn't in those positions anymore. WE aren't in those positions anymore. The calendar is messed up just a little bit. Why not just move the signs back to where they needed to be, instead of adding a sign, and cutting down the time in a sign? The Sun is still in that particular sign well after when they now say it is.

This is really bugging me. They could have fixed it by pushing all the signs to where they needed to be, but no. They have to make it even more difficult than it is!!

enumero123

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new.

Post by enumero123 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 pm

That's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers.

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new.

"This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com.

The hubbub started with Sunday's Star Tribune article, which said the following: "The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born. During the ensuing millenniums, the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth 'wobble' around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment."

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it’s really not in Pisces," Parke Kunkle, a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, told the Star Tribune.

"Indeed," the article continued, "most horoscope readers who consider themselves Pisces are actually Aquarians." The article also asserts Scorpio's window lasts only seven days, and that a 13th constellation, Ophiuchus, used to be counted between Scorpio and Sagittarius but was discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

True enough, Jawer says, the sun doesn't align with constellations at the same time of year that it did millennia ago. But that’s irrelevant for the tropical zodiac, codified for Western astrology by Ptolemy in the second century, he says.

In the tropical zodiac, the start of Aries is fixed to one equinox, and Libra the other.

"When we look at the astrology used in the Western world, the seasonally based astrology has not changed, was never oriented to the constellations, and stands as … has been stated for two millenniums," Jawer said.

People who put stock in astrology can ask whether they should adhere to the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac. Jawer argues for the tropical.

"Astrology is geocentric. It relates life on Earth to the Earth’s environment, and seasons are the most dramatic effect, which is why we use the tropical zodiac," he said.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Crumbs!  Just when I thought I had learn the signs they change lol!
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Evard

Post by Evard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 pm

The way Horary Astrology uses signs to determine "questions about immediate concerns and business"
and the Jud ic ial predicted upcoming events with focus on months .. and possible years in advance . .,
Natural Astrology would determine life proceeding from birth month planet configuration . Astrological:
Basis of New Planet Configuration At Re-Determine of the Planet Setting Known as Gala Astrolog Pana
would be upset by "men and fem who say the sign did fit their new calling as it was known to them by
reason of logical matching of signs traits" and not determined by the role of Classical Astrological Way
to Determine the Signs as Meaningful .. and the way of enticing younger paganists or astrologically !#
minded was to begin enticing the wherewithal of new compatibility as monetarily accepted was again:
selling something .. likely a form of new astrology incentive funding to say there will be riches made ,
on the astrological agreement with compatibility as "not all that bad" or "what it was all along" with a:
new ideal the reason astrological basis as early as the Babylonians did respect even progress seeing
a premise of constellation aligned with months of Summer ~ Winter and Harvest as Even and Holy ...     Evard . ,  Druidic  :-D

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:25 pm

I'd like to raise my hand and say this is extremely old news to me. Though how they made it "new" news amuses me.

I found out about the whole 13th sign thing back in 2003.
And I'm pretty sure, this information, and the actually shift in the sky, has been around for even longer.

I'm actually rather supportive of it. I've taken notice that it fits with the people around me better.

I don't believe anyone would change just because of the "news". Whatever that they have been, they will continue to be, just that they will have to get used to being branded another sign.

Evard

Post by Evard » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Although promoted with apparent happiness .. the common paganist's intuition will say
there was not a reason to be accepting of a new sign as common astrology . . . It will:
rather be the choice of a group who seem to have gain from this .. or a younger class
of impressionable people new to astrology and the basis of Actual Zodiac noted as the
way an invisible planet during gala transition (the way I understand it) begins swaying
the younger set of astrologically learning about Even and Holy sign~ing as benefit . . .

Reasonable thought about classical astrology will not be complacent about uneven Pan
Zodiac signing .. and someone did comment about 4 elements and man and fem being
evenly "aligned" to continue as proper accord with Planetary Appropriate Astrology . . .

Anyway , not all foreign affect astrology and money advisers are to be fully trusted . . .

This might be another "timed attempt to gain funding for improper accord with Earthly Peace and mondala Zodiac"     ~ Evard .

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:33 am

I was thinking our previous and "going to be" signs will merge?

I just dunno why they suddenly included Ophiuchus this year...
I'm still a kid when I reach my 40s, that's for sure.
I'm grown up when I'm 70, that's a bull's eye.
When I get to 120, it's probably that God will call me some time later... because he set up my bed for me ^__^

Evard

Post by Evard » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 pm

I now wonder what and when Eastern Astrology will promote [not the problem]
though now the peace with Chinese Zodiac to be peace with blessed animal we
know as the "animals of peace to begin the likes of manna and gamemaster" !!

I also wonder what the role of common thought to the writing of new accord on
premise the real ideal of "invisible planet wanting Orpheus regard uh money in
a way of gaining the role of new accord with common displacement of common
astrological basis to consider the likes of Orphiocus as money oriented will be a
thought of peace as the Republic who offers astrology newer un~promote on a
basis of thought it was not proper with regard to manna belief ., what will the $
effect be to other system Star and Planet{s} such as Sedna O II Peace Regard
Manna Peace and regard of the peace with foreign Neptune as passive alien~s."

I thank the behalf of new accord to be peace with Orphiocus , though what was
a decent way to say .. if you receive incentive such as meaningless money to $
say you agree with this and will be happily re~thought as supporting wll , greed
with the comment wll being "well that's what you offer as thought of gainful $@"
I deny my comment as supporting affirm of the role new Republic regard of the
"just plain greed : reason new Orphiocus will be a big money maker" Duh. Evard

lovepsychic46

capricorn

Post by lovepsychic46 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 am

If you have to change your zodiac sign, I feel like you have to change who you are. I am an Aquarian and I have the typical traits relating to my sign. I can't very well be under capricorn. Now I'm confused!
Mary M Breaux

Return to “Western Astrology”